PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 05-19-2001, 10:12 PM #1
the_mack85

has been a member for 10 years
ok i was shooting my gun today and it was shooting fine then all of a sudden it wouldnt cock.i changed my cocking pressure and nothing happened.could it be something with the ram?? let me know as soo as possible
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-19-2001, 10:32 PM #2
dzhezKov
одиH

dzhezKov is a Supporting Member
dzhezKov is a founding member
Ensure the small hex-head screws on the 3-way valve rod coupling didnt back out, if they did, the rod will move when you pill the trigger, but the 3-way rod wont move inside the valve, and it wont direct the air to the pneumatic ram. Yes, I know its actually a 4-way valve.
Old 05-20-2001, 01:09 AM #3
the_mack85

naw actually something ****ed up in my ram because i took it off and put on my stock and now everything is fine so i think im gonna bring it to shocktech and let them have a look see.
Old 05-20-2001, 01:14 AM #4
dzhezKov
одиH

dzhezKov is a Supporting Member
dzhezKov is a founding member
Ah that suck, Depending on which ram it is, you can rebuild it, I know the ANS ones I used to run you could, and if the RAM is screwed it might be as simple as dirt in the input or a cut seal, if its the seal you should have heard hissing while the ram struggled.
Old 05-20-2001, 03:47 AM #5
dager
Mega Moderator

dager is a founding member
dager supports Sherwood Forest
did you check if the ram had threaded itself into the pump rod further. if you put a new ram on and didnt loc-tite the ram into the pump rod it will start to thread its way in till the gun wont re-cock. try puttin the new ram back on and reseting its length.

-duff

Team ESP
Old 05-20-2001, 12:00 PM #6
the_mack85

no i had it loc-tited it was the ram itself that was messed up and it has to be replaced because the swivel end on the ram got broke off because i must have hit it when plaing because i turned it and it cracked right off.do u guys know if shocktech will sell the end piece seperate or will i have to go get a new one?