Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-06-2008, 06:25 PM #1
proud ion owner

D-Day (Oklahoma) or Big Game (Wisconsin)

title sayes all

You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field, it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that you didnt get the girl or that you got a ticket on the way here... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2008, 07:15 PM #2
Money Shot 69

Well you will probably have to hear from someone who has been to both of them. This year will be my 5th OK DDAY. Its only a 4 hr drive for me. I suspect the drive to Wisconsin is over 10 hours. The OK DDAY games are awesome because the reg fee of $70 is for all week. Even if your only there for 3 days $70 covers reg fee and air the whole time. So when I play speedball all day thursday and friday, then the big game is saturday air is covered. Ive never been to a paintball event with 10,000+ people in attendence, which includes players, families, staff and vendors. Its definetly mind boggling to see 4000 players lined up on saturday. Thats some serious paint flying in the air. Something like 12,000,000 or so.
Panzer Attack 09,10 Axis
Old 06-06-2008, 08:07 PM #3
proud ion owner

ok thanks im trying to diced which i should go to. the big game sound funner because it more complex with flame throwers mines giant bases tank and everything but d day has 3 times the players and most of the stuff in the big game. but d day cost more so i cant decide

(ps i pay for everything paintballs transportation entry fee hotel. and i only make $30 a week)

12 hour drive 15 miles per gallon $3.89 per gallon. =$$$$$$$$$$$ i dont have

You gas up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field, it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that you didnt get the girl or that you got a ticket on the way here... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth... live it... love it

Last edited by proud ion owner : 06-06-2008 at 09:56 PM.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:24 PM #4
Grimlandm
Diamond Paintball FTW

I am flying in from Montana, so I know a bit about how much this whole thing costs. I personaly find OK D-Day well worth it.

Quote:
but d day cost more so i cant decide
a bit late...

DIAMOND DOG

Last edited by Grimlandm : 06-06-2008 at 08:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-06-2008, 09:07 PM #5
Chekotai86

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud ion owner View Post
ok thanks im trying to diced which i should go to. the big game sound funner because it more complex with flame throwers mines giant bases tank and everything but d day has 3 times the players and most of the stuff in the big game. but d day cost more so i cant decide

(ps i pay for everything paintballs transportation entry fee hotel. and i only make $30 a week)

12 hour drive 15 miles per gallon $3.89 per gallon. =$$$$$$$$$$$
Really? The Big game has this? That sounds like D-Day to me.

D-Day has: flamethrowers (on vehicles and supposedly on foot), mines, tanks, giant bases, a brand new bridge that they just installed (53' long and 20 ft' wide), a 3 story church in the center of the field, dozens of vendors, a week of paintball, a SUTAL (Small Unit Tactics And Leadership) Course which uses real MILES gear (look it up if you don't know what MILES gear is), airball each night, random games and events throughout the week, helicopter rides over the field, 4000 players to make friends from, all the air you require by one of the best air suppliers in paintball, great paint, boat landings (only one that comes across a lake AT THE MOMENT), life size tanks, fairly close replica planes, mortars, etc.

So the decision is yours, but D-Day sounds like a lot of fun to me (and yes I have been once already. This is my second year).
Old 06-06-2008, 09:54 PM #6
proud ion owner

it sounds just as cool now but i cant afford to stay all 7 dayes (or even three for that matter).

i just decided that i will go to both i will go to the big game in september and d day next year.

maybe in a year i post right here which one is better

Old 06-07-2008, 02:49 AM #7
JESTERTLS

Sounds like your hitting the right event for you. Travel expenses are murder now days. That's why I havent been out of state since D-Day last year. If you cant afford it, then dont do it. No since getting in a hole just to play paintball.
Old 06-07-2008, 09:26 AM #8
SpecialK79
Kevin-Osborn

D-Day, D-Day, D-Day, D-Day, D-Day, D-Day, D-Day ,D-Day

Jolly Green tournament & scenario team
OK D-Day German 709
Old 06-07-2008, 09:31 PM #9
binkley
608paintball.com

binkley supports Team VICIOUS
what big game in WI are you talking about?? I live in WI.. but will be at
D-day also..

Sponsored by: The Edge Paintball Experience, Empire, RPS, BT, HK, Challenge Park Extreme and Pandaramic Studio

CE Coach
Old 06-07-2008, 09:37 PM #10
blackmagic71

I've played about 4 or 5 big games in Hudson WI and I've done D-day 06, 07 and soon 08.

D-day is way way way better then a big game.... but it also costs alot more
Old 06-07-2008, 09:47 PM #11
proud ion owner

binky check it out

www.giantgame.com

Old 06-07-2008, 09:48 PM #12
proud ion owner

thanks black magic you just basically made my decition D DAY IT ITS

Old 06-08-2008, 12:09 AM #13
blackmagic71

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud ion owner View Post
thanks black magic you just basically made my decition D DAY IT ITS
Haha, I do have some pretty awesome half assed responses

To go more in depth...

I'm from Rochester MN but I go to college in Mankato MN. The big games in Hudson WI are really nice because its usually only about 1 1/2 hours away give or take which makes it really easy for me to get there. Even better for a small fee (like $15) you can bring your own paint. Which for me means I can load up with a ton of paint from the field I work for at around $25 a case.

^^^ Those are just some of the things that make the game more convienent for me.

About the game/field itself... Usually there are atleast 200ish people which makes for a decent amount action with some pretty heavy fire fights. There are even usually one or two tanks at the field too. The field is a pretty good size mostly heavily wooded and hilly woodsball but they have interesting forts and bunkers setup here and there. The field is pretty user friendly and its actually the only place I've ever taken my girlfriend to play other than the field I ref at. The things I dont like about the field... they usually only fill to 3000psi and the owner is a douchbag. I went up to talk to him once and he completely blew me off and didnt even respond.

Usually when I go with gas, paint, food etc, my bill only runs about $100 for the day which isnt to bad considering I can easily spend $100 for a day of play at Air Assualt or Back 80. The big games are definately worth the trip.... whats even better is they usually have them once a month on the non-frozen months which makes it that much easier to get to them.

The Splat Tag big games are fun... but Oklahoma D-day is a completely different beast

D-day has a ton of things that really seperate it from the Big Games in WI. First off the event is a week long and you can basically come any day you want before friday which is a bonus for me because I love camping. The camping itself is alot of fun because you camp with the rest of your division and you get to meet alot of cool people and just have an all around good time.

2nd. The field is just plain cool. Its massive... and I mean massive you can wander around the field all day and still not see everything. They have pill boxes, trenches, airplanes, old 2 1/2 ton army trucks, helicopters, bunkers, towers, beaches, mini villages, etc... stuff that is just plain cool to see.

3rd. The vendor area is pretty cool. Alot of big companies show up there like Tippmann, Eclipse, Carter Machine, JT, etc... They usually tech there own markers and there is always cool stuff to look at/buy.

4th. Mini Scenarios... They usually run one or two a day during the week and they are usually historically based on WWII battles and they usually pull atleast 600+ to maybe several thousand players (way bigger than a WI Big Game). Always alot of fun.

5th. Speedball... They set up an Airball field in the middle of the campground and run it everynight until people no long want to play. Also a ton of fun.

6th. The D-day game itself.... This is just incredible. There was something like 4150 players last year and the game is beyond fun. I play for the German 352nd defending Omaha Beach and it is the perfect example of a target rich environment We have a concrete pill box, several two story bunkers, and alot of trenches. There are double troubles, paint grenades, smoke grenades, and tanks up at coleville.

7th. The staff is awesome... I've never run into any member of the staff that was rude or just plain stupid. Most of them are very helpful and they know what they are doing. They're working constantly to improve the field, aparently this year they've added a new water filtration system (so the watter no longer tastes like rotten eggs ), they're building a multi story cathedral near collville, etc...

8th. The paint.... Specially made by draxxus for the event. Premium grade for $75 and mid grade for $65. Super consistent, not dented, doesnt melt/disform in extreme heat.

The only real problem with the event for me is the cost. Just driving down this year will cost me $100. Three cases of paint will cost me $225 and then food will probably run another $50ish give or take... $400ish is alot of money for a poor college student

The heat kind of sucks too but I played football for like 7 years or so and I'm used to running around in the heat... Its very exausting but you just have to drink water constantly.

Last edited by blackmagic71 : 06-08-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:10 AM #14
blackmagic71

^^^^ Thats one beastly write up... I should get a cookie

I should also add you meet alot of really cool people... I'll be camping with the same people I meet in D-day 06 and 07.
Old 06-08-2008, 12:21 AM #15
proud ion owner

ya magic the only thing i noticed with your review was that you sayed the big game is every month. its only twice a year. i think your thinking about there monthly whatever game (dont know name and dont feel like looking it up). i will probably go to both i guess i will be spraying your *** with paint next year (cant go this year unfortunatly)

PS. THAT WRITE UP WAS ***** BEASTLY

Old 06-08-2008, 09:05 AM #16
binkley
608paintball.com

binkley supports Team VICIOUS
yeah oklahoma is the **** GO MEK

Sponsored by: The Edge Paintball Experience, Empire, RPS, BT, HK, Challenge Park Extreme and Pandaramic Studio

CE Coach
Old 06-16-2008, 12:37 AM #17
pathetic

Hahaha im in the MEK and we raped face

If having lots of makers makes you a gun whore, what are you if you use lots of markers?
Old 06-27-2008, 03:11 PM #18
dorsai

dorsai posts videos on PbNation
pick

Which sounds beter to you?

3,000+ players spread out over 700+
acres or 1,500 over 120?

REAL WWII vehicles, aircraft, a bridge,
and two story church or wood pallets?

2 experienced Command staffs who spend
the entire year planning and organizing or
somoene who has a week or two to put a
plan together?

Optional advanced tactics training, using
MILES 2000 equipped 'real steel' weapons,
offered by highly trained military experts
or?

Advanced radio communications nets, or
a bunch of folks all trying to talk on the
same channel at the same time?

Parade versus no parade?

Best uniform and tank contest versus?

Officer's party versus ?

You make the call, but my money is on
D-Day.

Sincerely,
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
Old 06-28-2008, 06:37 PM #19
Staticline

Annual Supporting Member
Staticline is playing at Living Legends V
Staticline owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Staticline has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Staticline is attending Decay of Nations VI
Dorsi pretty much said it all. Everyone has their favorite game, but if you truely want to challange your paintball skills in a scenario setting, in 10 years I have found no better that D-Day.
Hellions Scenario Paintball Team, ODA 163
http://www.hellions.net/
Old 07-12-2008, 01:22 AM #20
{OG}-Chubbs-

personally, i go to alot of instate scenario's (i live in colorado) and we still make the trip out to oklahoma every year and still plan on making it out for every year its hosted. d-day is way more than just a game. if you join a special forces unit you get the experience of the obstacle course, which in itself is satisfying. also with the huge amount of vendors available you are able to snag some sweet deals on last years gear. it's a very well organized event and is well worth the money in my opinion.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:16 AM #21
Splathappy
Doom! Doom! Doom!

Annual Supporting Member
Splathappy is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Splathappy is playing at Living Legends III
Splathappy is playing at Living Legends V
Splathappy is playing at Living Legends VI
Splathappy posts videos on PbNation
Some people refer to D-Day as the "mecca" of the recreational Paintball world. There is good reason for this, nowhere else in the US will find a game on the same scale, with as much player involvement, and without all the make believe fantasy junk that permeates the rest of the scenario world.

We need not to be let alone. We need to be really bothered once in a while. How
long is it since you were really bothered? About something important, about
something real?
- Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451, 1953