Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-11-2003, 12:23 AM #22
spyder2k2
Back in action!

has been a member for 10 years
spyder2k2 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
imo, it's just a spyder made to look like a m16.

unless this is for scenario play, i would not suggest using it.

seriously people, realistic looking paintball markers are hurting this sport. do us a favor and just get a regular paintball marker like everyone else ( like a cocker, those are nice) and play the sport.

EDIT: also i'm not flaming anyone or any marker but i'm just voicing my opinion on the armotech markers.

Last edited by spyder2k2 : 08-11-2003 at 12:29 AM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-11-2003, 12:28 AM #23
strangeir3
Get Addicted

all sports have cheating and swearing man, and yes these guns make it look bad, those are the reason why parents wont let kids buy them, becuase the look real and parents think that it is not a good idea to buy a paintball gun for there kid.

Blue Angel Speed w/ Predator II
Check-it dust black low-rise clamp,
TAG black dust volumizer,
an aluminum 14 inch jt 2 piece
CP rail with a CP On/Off asa.
Old 08-11-2003, 12:30 AM #24
cockkNocker_88

that gun is a piece of **** they shouldnt even be made guns like that should be only on walls of vietnam veterins paintball isnt a war so dont make guns that look like ther meant for war u wanna handle a real gun sign up for the navy or army p***y
Old 08-12-2003, 01:14 AM #25
evilunknown
Long Beach

Quote:
Originally posted by dennmetal1
Hey guys, fighting on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics you may win but your still retarded!!!!

HA HA HA HA
Old 08-13-2003, 02:00 PM #26
strangeir3
Get Addicted

thats not a funny saying.

Blue Angel Speed w/ Predator II
Check-it dust black low-rise clamp,
TAG black dust volumizer,
an aluminum 14 inch jt 2 piece
CP rail with a CP On/Off asa.
Old 08-13-2003, 02:07 PM #27
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Interesting looking gun, and I dig the clip design, but I have to wonder: Why an electronic trigger frame on a gun that only holds 17 paintballs? If I were designing this thing I would give it a trigger frame like the original Spyders used, the kind with the seperate trigger and grip blocks so that you could include an actual Lonestar type-grip for better realism. I still can't figure out why all these Armotech M-4/M-16 replicas have .45 grips.

Also, I wonder if it would be possible to re-engineer the collapsable stock to hold a 3.5 or 4oz tank because with the clip-using feature remote air is a bit of overkill.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:26 AM #28
Joelsok

well I think its a beautifaul gun and if I had the money Id have ordered one already will definnetly look into that.
Old 08-30-2003, 12:35 AM #29
P2K1
WhoRigsEveryOscarNight?

Ok no offense to recballers or people who think this gun is cool, but for the love of God it looks like an M4 with down syndrome after it was ran over. The mag is hidious, huge, and holds 17 rounds, the carrying handle is ridiculously out of proportion, and the whole thing just sucks in general. If you like realism and live in the states, look at airsoft, thats the way mil-sim is done. If not, just accept the fact that there is no efficient way to stack paintballs other than in a hopper due to their size and fragility. I've also seen the RAP4 guns, and they look decent, but then you hear about the 20 round clip, and see just how terribly they perform. They're god awful and break down easily. Also the ammo that they don't reccomend where you buy the no name ammo and plastic shells is better than their own pre-cased ammo.
Again sorry to anyone I offended but that gun is just retarded.
Spyder Electra: Custom Products 1 Piece Barrel, Ricochet AK, Pure Energy 48cu/3000psi HPA Tank, Palmers Stabilizer Male Regulator, Check It Products Sweet Spot Trigger, Check It Products Slip On Feed Adapter. Booyah!
Old 08-31-2003, 03:00 PM #30
SimplyOutkast
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee you did.

Woah it has a kill ratio......man thats gay.I saw these at dday and may I say yes if play only scenario games and are a pshyco killer they are cool............at dday they had the rangers up[ at 6 in the am running laps to "get in shape for the coming battle" I was freaked..........then in the game I got out of the tank I was in to help the fellas in the trenches and im walking along a guy runs up and tried to bayonet with his barrel ............. he hit my leg then I shot him in the neck 4 times curteous of my heavanly companion .......he gasped and called out.........what happened to jsut playing paintball.........is all I wanna know..........so go ahead get this "aweseome sniper rifle" and try to shoot, or bayonet me with it........you've got 17 shots and i've got 200 so aim well ......but if you try to bayonet me with it im going to shoot you in the neck then rip ur mask off and shove my damn dirty fingers into your eyeballs and rip out ur brain you damn dirty animals

260th Kriegsmarines
Oklahoma D-Day 2003,2004 (Axis)
Oklahoma D-Day 2010,2011,2012 260th Kriegsmarine (Axis)
Oklahoma D-Day 2013 260th Kriegsmarine (Axis)
Oklahoma D-Day 2014 260th Kriegsmarine (Axis)
Old 08-31-2003, 03:29 PM #31
Masterjts

if he barrel taped you in the leg then you were out when you shot him.

i like the idea of the gun loading from the bottom (for the clip) it opens up the gun for alot of different kinds of modifications.
Old 08-31-2003, 03:35 PM #32
SimplyOutkast
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee you did.

no it was not a barrel tap ingengious person you he BAYONETTED ME- let me refresh you what that is exactly~ to thrust a weapon with sharp point into a disputed enemy~ he stabbed me with it and thats a disqualifycation thank you for defeneding the mentally challenged good day now

260th Kriegsmarines
Old 08-31-2003, 03:37 PM #33
SimplyOutkast
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeee you did.

and everyoen masterjts is one of the armotecht eam which means he is responsible for hurting the sport with this ghey *** marker thank you once again master!

260th Kriegsmarines
Old 08-31-2003, 09:17 PM #34
Masterjts

he stabed you with the barrel of his weapon in the leg? barrel tap?!? if he managed to get that close to you before you shot him then you are out. unless there were some strange new rules at this years dday? now if he threw the gun at you it would have fallen under the hot marker rule in which case he would have been out.

i am not defending the mentally challenged, in fact i think you are out of line here. true, maybe the guy should not have hit you with his marker. then again, maybe you should not have fired on him at such a close range. i dont even presume to care who was in the wrong in that particular situation and i care even less about your scewed interpretation of the situation.

the only thing that is hurting this sport are the children who are to immature to grasp what this sport encompasses. so how about we agree to disagree and then you can fester in your hatred of what ever it is that you hate.
Old 08-31-2003, 11:18 PM #35
P2K1
WhoRigsEveryOscarNight?

Shut the hell up you sell out
Spyder Electra: Custom Products 1 Piece Barrel, Ricochet AK, Pure Energy 48cu/3000psi HPA Tank, Palmers Stabilizer Male Regulator, Check It Products Sweet Spot Trigger, Check It Products Slip On Feed Adapter. Booyah!
Old 08-31-2003, 11:46 PM #36
Ruzhyo666
R.I.P. Fruit_loops

Some of you people are so foolish. These guns do nothing to hurt paintball. Laws are, that you cannot ever been even seen with a paintball gun outside of your own household unless you are in a field or in a store. So, In regards to the law, this game does nothing to hurt paintball. These guns do nothing to hurt the sport, instead they open up a new style of play to it, and its that, not the harming of the sport, that angers you. You, uneccesarily, cannot accept that some people hold guns that look like real guns only because you like your stlye of play more and cannot stand to see any other style of play that holds factors not equivelant to your the factors of your style of play. You say "it makes paintballers look like war freaks." The thing that makes paintball so special is the aspect of battle, the aspect of war. That is what paintball search for, rec paintballers only go further into simulating war by using guns that look like real guns. If they gived a bad name to the sport, than the sport of paintball never had a good name, because it is all about simulating battle.

P.S.: Outkast, please refrain from posting, it's really very sad. Your twisted judgement is harsh attitude is what gives a bad name to paintball if anything.
Old 09-01-2003, 12:26 AM #37
P2K1
WhoRigsEveryOscarNight?

But the thing is they don't look like real guns-(they attempt to immitate m4's and m16s)-they look like crap.
Old 09-01-2003, 02:10 AM #38
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

They don't look too bad. I mean, compare this to something like a WGP VF-Tactical or one of those Psycho Ballistics M98's. The armotech guns go further than any paintgun in recent memory at catering to those who like to use their imaginations when they play paintball. After all, I can't think of any paintgun ever built with a Picatinny-compatible rail interface and removable M4-style sight rail. Not perfect, but closer than ever before.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:59 AM #39
Ruzhyo666
R.I.P. Fruit_loops

Quote:
Originally posted by P2K1
But the thing is they don't look like real guns-(they attempt to immitate m4's and m16s)-they look like crap.
A cop would still easily mistake this for a real gun from far away, especialy now because it doesn't use a hopper. If you want to see some REAL replicas though go to http://www.getrealpaintball.com/intro_set.html . These are insane. These guns right here go the farthest ever in providing to the die-hard scenario players.

Heres one:

Last edited by Ruzhyo666 : 09-01-2003 at 09:38 AM.
Old 09-01-2003, 09:20 AM #40
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

It does not matter how similar a paintball gun resembles a real gun; as long as it has a grip, a body, and a barrel, it has a shape and profile that will present a threat to a police officer if it is used in a threatening manner. The argument that paintball guns which resemble real guns threatens the sport is beyond ridiculous. First off, the sport is ALLWAYS going to be perceived by the general public as a war game. No matter how colorful we try and dye our jearsies and guns, and no matter how farcical and short the tournament fields get, it all comes down to a game where you try and shoot your oppoenent before they shoot you. Anyone who doesn't think this is at some level a simulation of a gunfight is delusional. Second, the simple fact that some of these paintball markers resembles real firearms is not in and of itself dangerous or scandelous. Belive it or not, many Americans, including myself, own real firearms, and you wouild be surprised to learn how seldom firearm owners are shot by police or other law enforcement officers when we keep our guns out of plain sight, or refrain from pointing them at other people in public. Besides, even assuming that firearm-resembling paintball guns DO frighten police officers, we have bigger things to worry about anyway: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in558226.shtml
I suppose if he were holding an Armotech marker of some kind he might have been shot NINE times in the back, huh?
Old 09-01-2003, 09:36 AM #41
Ruzhyo666
R.I.P. Fruit_loops

Very very good point. People shouldn't get angry because we want to be that much closer to simulating battle, in the end we are still both simulating battle.

- A poem by Ray Kurzweil's Cybernetic Poet.
Old 09-01-2003, 10:01 PM #42
Hellcat
Banned

oh my god, i better watch out carrying a cell phone, it really looks milsim