PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-15-2001, 08:02 PM #1
AndreAutococker

has been a member for 10 years
Question Need Opinions Please

First off, wanna say hi to everyone on the board. I am pretty new to paintball, but definitely want to play long term (couple years at least). I was originally going with a Kingman flash or AMG with tons of upgrades, but realized I can get a STO autococker and nice mask/n2 system for just about the same price. I am just posting because I wanted some opinions on the STO as a newbie gun (maintenance etc...), and also some thoughts on prices.
  • Blue STO Autococker w/J&J barrel - 580$
  • Flex IZE thermal mask - 55$
  • PMI Pure Energy n2 88ci/4500- 220$

I am wondering how reliable the STO cockers are, and if they are alright for a new guy who wants to learn about the game and is willing to dedicate time/effort to it. Thanks in advance guys
Old 10-15-2001, 09:29 PM #2
samvalentine

samvalentine is a Supporting Member
the autococker is not a newbee gun. they have a lot of moving parts and are complicated. its for advanced players.
anything made by kingman is going to be very low quality. they break becuase they are poorly made. the materials are cheap also. and the company is a hassle to deal with. if something breaks and you actually get them to fix it you are going to pay there shipping as well as youres. a lot of stores will not carry kingman guns.
Old 10-16-2001, 02:47 PM #3
CarloFunk
Big Bia

Thats not true, not all kingman stuff is crap, i had a spyder for quite some time and had no problems, and dont let Hsuve see that! or you will get a whippin! hah.. Well, really, for your first gun, a STO probably isnt a good idea, they are very complicated guns, and a newbie would probably have nothing but problems with it. hell, most experienced players have problems with em.. Too many parts. A mag wouldnt be that bad for the price, they are quite simple, and keep up with cockers quite well.

Polished P/F Mag w/ 12" teardrop silver 2x benchmark frame, ANS foamie bolt (YES it helps with chopping). nothing too snazzy yet, we'll see.. OH WE'LL SEE. warp feed to come soon. followed by an e-mag. :P Oh yeah, i like mags.
Old 10-16-2001, 02:59 PM #4
TheFauxKing
EVIL OVERLORD

TheFauxKing is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally posted by samvalentine
the autococker is not a newbee gun. they have a lot of moving parts and are complicated. its for advanced players.
anything made by kingman is going to be very low quality. they break becuase they are poorly made. the materials are cheap also. and the company is a hassle to deal with. if something breaks and you actually get them to fix it you are going to pay there shipping as well as youres. a lot of stores will not carry kingman guns.
AndreAutococker ... for starters: make it a point to ignore this samvalentine character... he has a terrible habit of talking out of his butt.

A "newbie" is going to take their gun to a shop or a qualified tech whenever there's a problem anyhow, so why NOT get a 'cocker? They are GREAT guns and a LOT easier to sell later on!

Hell, I ALWAYS my guns to a qualified tech. Why mess with it? I drop 'em off Monday or Tuesday, have them back by Friday evening, and they're working better than I could ever get 'em working!

* There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
AVISO: No coloca en la boca ni recto
The Evil Overlord and Evil Enterprises, Incorporated do not condone the abuse of homosexuals, the elderly or of children. We donít really care about baby seals, though. The opinions expressed by the Evil Overlord are not necessarily those of PbNation.com and/or their sponsors. (Non-Member Non-grata: Gay Nazis for Christ)
Old 10-16-2001, 07:46 PM #5
AndreAutococker

Thanks for the responses. I am only going to be playing every Saturday or so for a while as I get into the sport, and the place I play at has plenty of experienced people, a nice staff, and a airsmith/pro shop. Also, they have a full store like 1 mile down the road in case I have major problems. I figure the autococker will let me grow with the sport without getting a newbie gun and then 2 months later buying what I really wanted.
Old 10-16-2001, 07:56 PM #6
AndreAutococker

Thanks for the responses. I am only going to be playing every Saturday or so for a while as I get into the sport, and the place I play at has plenty of experienced people, a nice staff, and a airsmith/pro shop. Also, they have a full store like 1 mile down the road in case I have major problems. I figure the autococker will let me grow with the sport without getting a newbie gun and then 2 months later buying what I really wanted.
Old 10-18-2001, 04:15 AM #7
AndreAutococker

bump