Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 06-05-2008, 11:15 PM #22
DarkShadowHunter
Screwball, One Each

DarkShadowHunter supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by randy woodland View Post
i think that u should have glen start posting his own events and this way he can answer all ?'s !! basically 1 person knows everything and it takes to long to go through all the contacting to get answers.
tell glenn i said this !! lol
The following is merely the opinion of one player and does not reflect the views of Hole In The Wall Paintball, its owner, sponsored teams, or staff.

Or instead of players being greedy they can just play just for the fun of it!

The tournaments at HITW are mostly the small local variety. Sure it is nice to have a good prize package, but not every field in Michigan can be like TCP and sponsor a NPPL team. Not every field in Michigan can have totally awesome prize package that draws in the big names in the state.

In my honest opinion to minute paintball becomes all about the prizes is the minute you should get out.
Advertisement
Old 06-06-2008, 12:14 AM #23
rocker2
Wipe Me Down

Quote:

In my honest opinion to minute paintball becomes all about the prizes is the minute you should get out.
dude shut up. its not about prizes and making money. its about a return on an investment. if i pay to play a tourny it would be cool if maybe i can at least get the money i put in back out if i'm talented enough to win. paintball is WAY to expensive of a sport to begrudge a person at least that. you don't want people to worry about prizes? fine, as soon as paint costs $10 a case come back and talk to me.... in the mean time... STFU...
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post60079223
Rare Treetrunk!!!, Pro Signed Jerseys!!! Jersey Blow OUT!!!
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3154405
rocker2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 02:48 AM #24
darkness001

darkness001 helped look for balloons
Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate... where is the love......... Not here in Paintball

Michigan - Where paintball goes to DIE
darkness001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:38 AM #25
asc paintball
Im Marty

asc paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
asc paintball supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorAP View Post
Grown up stuff? I hate shaving too. Nice job on the win last year. You guys ever make it to fight nights for practice?
Yeah we were out a few weeks ago. We talked to ya for a minute, you didnt look like you were in the mood to "chit-chat" so we let you guys get some practice. We would love to be able to keep a team together long enough to do some actual practice but as it is I think we have 3 "full time" guys and another that playes when he can. So yeah thats the story. Next time I see ya Ill re-introduce myself.
Understood For 10% off use the code: HostileUG
Z2 loaders
Empire paint
XSV OT- Demand respect!
asc paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 07:03 AM #26
randy woodland

now c that is what i was talking about !!
if u would have told glenn what i said then u would not have made that comment as glenn and i go way back.
i was just letting u know that u need to know everything (almost) if u want to post an event or at least post everything that players would need to know.
tell glenn i said hello and to get online !! lol
randy woodland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 10:24 AM #27
rocker2
Wipe Me Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker2 View Post
dude shut up. its not about prizes and making money. its about a return on an investment. if i pay to play a tourny it would be cool if maybe i can at least get the money i put in back out if i'm talented enough to win. paintball is WAY to expensive of a sport to begrudge a person at least that. you don't want people to worry about prizes? fine, as soon as paint costs $10 a case come back and talk to me.... in the mean time... STFU...
wow.... sorry, this came off as kinnda harsh. i didn't mean to make it sound so mean. and if u need a extra player i might be able to.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:42 PM #28
DarkShadowHunter
Screwball, One Each

I did not need to come off quite so harsh with my last post. If I offended anyone I apologize.

Most of the events at HITW are the small local variety. Sure it would be nice to have some of the bigger names in the state attend HITW events. I also realize that there are better tournament events in the state with cash prizes and/or larger gear prize packages. Like I said not every field can sponsor a NPPL or PSP team. Also not every field can have cash pay outs or large prize packages. Some fields have a larger following than others.

I understand it is nice to win a some sort of prize, especially if you are good enough to get first. The way a few people have posted about prizes it made them sound like they were expecting a prize just for showing up. I agree with rocker2 that if a player or team is skilled and talented enough to place well in a tournament they should get a return on their investment.

In this day and age it almost seems like the prize is the only thing players compete for. Now if players and teams played just to compete they might play better without the feeling the pressure of having to get first. Also if they don't make it into the finals round by a few points they might feel better about how they did if they played just to compete.

As far as the prize package goes I do know that Glen got a prize package deal through JT. I know he had it for the last tournament at HITW. I do not know how many events the prize package deal is good for. The last event the prize package was 3 sets of JT goggles, four cases of paint, and a banner.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:36 PM #29
JuniorAP
and then I said......

JuniorAP owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
JuniorAP plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by asc paintball View Post
Yeah we were out a few weeks ago. We talked to ya for a minute, you didnt look like you were in the mood to "chit-chat" so we let you guys get some practice. We would love to be able to keep a team together long enough to do some actual practice but as it is I think we have 3 "full time" guys and another that playes when he can. So yeah thats the story. Next time I see ya Ill re-introduce myself.
I am usually game for chatting after practice or sometimes before if there is time. During practice not so much, I try to stay focused on the task at hand. By all means re-introduce yourself. I know that there are a lot of players looking for teams, branch out a bit and let it be known and I am sure you will be able to fill your roster. G/L.
H8 Stiffi
Semi Retired Captain - TCP Riptide
"Member of the 6 Man Army"
JuniorAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 11:00 AM #30
Rodneyofvanish

dude ....no one comes out to hitw to win respect. so might as well win some **** , thats why u play . right ...to win something. or what is the point of winning! if not the best thing to to just go ge drunk with g pizzle..haha iam drunk i love 21
Old 06-07-2008, 11:26 AM #31
michpaintballa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneyofvanish View Post
dude ....no one comes out to hitw to win respect. so might as well win some **** , thats why u play . right ...to win something. or what is the point of winning! if not the best thing to to just go ge drunk with g pizzle..haha iam drunk i love 21

My Sniper

Trust

If you ever played a game of paintball with nothing but a plastic pirates sword and still got a kill put this in your sig...
michpaintballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 01:01 PM #32
JuniorAP
and then I said......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodneyofvanish View Post
LOL Happy Birthday bud, i knew that was coming up soon!
H8 Stiffi
Old 06-07-2008, 01:17 PM #33
rocker2
Wipe Me Down

ok so i'm officially playing. who needs a body?
Old 06-07-2008, 04:08 PM #34
JuniorAP
and then I said......

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker2 View Post
ok so i'm officially playing. who needs a body?
the dead box.......
H8 Stiffi
Old 06-07-2008, 04:53 PM #35
specialk1

haha, that was awsome
specialk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 08:38 PM #36
rocker2
Wipe Me Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorAP View Post
the dead box.......
making jokes in my job....
Old 06-07-2008, 11:06 PM #37
thatguyinkalamazoo
the one and only thatguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadowHunter View Post
The following is merely the opinion of one player and does not reflect the views of Hole In The Wall Paintball, its owner, sponsored teams, or staff.

Or instead of players being greedy they can just play just for the fun of it!

The tournaments at HITW are mostly the small local variety. Sure it is nice to have a good prize package, but not every field in Michigan can be like TCP and sponsor a NPPL team. Not every field in Michigan can have totally awesome prize package that draws in the big names in the state.

wow man im all for playing for the fun of it but that post just kicked glen in the balls if anybody shows it will be a merical if any one even showed

josh paintball is not an investment its a sport (well kinda) just like any other non pro sport its played for fun not a paycheck but ill hummer you for a minute

hole in the wall 3man 45 for entry a team 40 a case for cheap paint 125 in total thats 41.66 per player now average teams that show is less than 5 multiply that by 5 and you get 625 for a total for the day how much do you think is profit on that? ruffly 400 now take out the case of paint per reff that usually is the payment for reffing now your down to 250 or so tell me how to divide that to 3 spots and still make it worth hosting

ALL IN ALL YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR LOW ENTERY FEE NO CASH PRIZE JUST THAT SIMPLE
thatguyinkalamazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 06:19 PM #38
rocker2
Wipe Me Down

hahaha... yeah.

"“chris” (3:59:26 PM): how its made 1gal of apple cider 1/2 gal of apple juice put it into a stock pot and bring to a boil with 6 cinimon sticks and 3 cups of sugar allow to cool some than add a fifth of everclear can ether drink warm or cold eather way you drunk"
Old 06-08-2008, 09:22 PM #39
randy woodland

who won todays 5-man ?
randy woodland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2008, 09:44 PM #40
DarkShadowHunter
Screwball, One Each

a team called BDK won today's 5-man.

The full results are posted on the field web site.