PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-21-2008, 06:50 PM #43
usafpilot07
East Coast

usafpilot07 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Only complaints we had all weekend were on that field as well.

For instance:

During the game, a ball broke on my bunker and sprayed on my mask. I called th referee over, he said I was clean, but did not wipe it away, which is fine.

We close the game out with 6 bodies, and I had some rub on the FRONT of my Halo(which refs usually do not call obvious). A ref from the opposite corner of the field came up to me and pulled me for the hit on my mask, and I said "that ref said I was clean." He then called a 1-for-1 for arguing.

After the game, we had our captain and I speak to him, and he changed his story, and said it was playing on because of the front of my Halo.

Granted, I know nothing we say s going to change what has already happened, but it's nice to get it off your chest, and it WAS confusing :-/

☺☺☺☺Rare XO Designers- Brown/Gold & OG Brown Venomwear☺☺☺☺

☻☻☻Old School Baby Blue JT Strap☻☻☻
♥♥♥Rare Colored JT 2-Piece ♥♥♥
Pink Ion-Never been shot. Needs new QEV, Feedneck and Reg- $70
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-21-2008, 07:00 PM #44
biteme
Golden Mag 009

has been a member for 10 years
I thought the reffing was pretty good on all fields. Especially Kimo on the Spyder field.

****fire, NASCAR, and Dale Sr.
Old 05-21-2008, 10:22 PM #45
Byocum
shizz

i love how everyone *****es about refs after every event. just because your team didnt do too good that doesnt mean you complain about the refs.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:13 AM #46
ray ray ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byocum View Post
i love how everyone *****es about refs after every event. just because your team didnt do too good that doesnt mean you complain about the refs.
i love how you weren't even there yet you talk like you were and actually placed.
www.obeypictures.net
Official "Trix" fanclub member #4!
MY FEEDBACK +5/-0
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post21760775
Old 05-22-2008, 02:35 AM #47
meteora
www.tcpmini.com

meteora owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by runthruking View Post
The second one for one was just as necesitated. I went in to check the player, and noticed an obvious hit on the head. The player was playing on with an obvious hit, therefore a one for one was called, and the snake player pulled.
That player got hit in the top of the head, couldnt see it, bent his head down to the ref LAYING RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM and asked if he was hit, the ref laying down gave the clean signal and continued to lay there, you ran across the field, pulled that player out and our snake player.

Ref # 39, **** you.

We Dont Overshoot, We H8.

TCP H8 Factory 2010.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:09 AM #48
VpP614

I got a vid of this team getting all their players pulled for I don't know what. None of them got shoot. Tell me what you people think. Here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WurjMUyq_Yw

Last edited by VpP614 : 05-22-2008 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:04 PM #49
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray ray ray View Post
i love how you weren't even there yet you talk like you were and actually placed.
it doesn't matter if he was there or not, he speaks the truth.

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Old 05-22-2008, 12:09 PM #50
shockerman03

shockerman03 supports Pev's Paintball
I thought the spyder fields reffing was a tad bit out of the norm but w.e. nothing can be done about it now. Are team only played one game on that field and it was a lil sketchy.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:17 PM #51
Ebola20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeshua White View Post
and all was good in this thread. its black and white, there is no grey, if you cheat, you will be penalized.
Is your gun ramping not cheating? You said earlyer that you only warned people for there guns bouncing/ramping? If bouncing is not illegal in NPPL please allow everyone to know. And if it is cheating then thats an inconstency with the rules to warn people with guns bouncing.

Red ion Xe, Smart Parts super freak set, Black on gray jt invaders, Halo B, Brass Eagle 2, M Yellow Dye pants
Old 05-22-2008, 12:19 PM #52
Ebola20

Not to be to pejorative, Id just like that specific rule cleared up before the next event because its ridiculous in a semi auto only league to warn people for blatantly having an enhanced trigger pull.

Red ion Xe, Smart Parts super freak set, Black on gray jt invaders, Halo B, Brass Eagle 2, M Yellow Dye pants
Old 05-22-2008, 12:49 PM #53
zmann2087
fed up

zmann2087 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Everyone needs to sit down and read the rule book. This happens every event. People going on and on about how the refs are out to get them. Ramping and Bounce are 2 very different things.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:08 PM #54
shamu
Transplanted

OK, bounce vs. ramp.

bounce is a mechanical condition that causes the trigger to activate itself without a full, complete trigger pull. In other words, it's assistance. bounce can happen in mechanical and electronic markers.

ramp is a programmed mode in an electronic marker that causes more than one ball to be fired for each trigger pull.

The penalty is handled thus - if a marker is found to have too much bounce at the end of the game, the team can be given a warning. if that team is caught with another bouncing marker later in the event, the second bouncing marker infraction is treated as an illegal (i.e. ramping) marker and the full illegal marker penalty is assessed (lose that game, -100 points, 6 game suspension). The marker penalty can only be assessed for the second occurence of bounce.

That's why you see markers firing by themselves and no penalty. It's excessive trigger bounce, which we can only warn them for.

If you disagree with the rule, please don't yell at the refs. We didn't write the rules, we just enforce them. Please direct your concerns or suggestions to the league and ask them to change the rules.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:11 PM #55
Crusader
One Case One Kill

Crusader is a founding member
spyder field = horrible refs. angel field was the best. kimo = death please.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:25 PM #56
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
I've often found that teams who are used to successfully playing the grey area will get to a field with more aware/strict reffing, get the penalties they should probably be getting more often, and then ***** that the refs pulled them 'for nothing'. In fact, *****ing that the refs suck and are pulling them for nothing is an integral part of the behavior pattern for some teams that cheat.

It's the whole 'well, I've never gotten a penalty for getting shot in the shoulder and turning it towards the bunker and waiting to see if the ref sees it before, you're pulling me for NOTHING!' No, you got pulled for playing on with an obvious.

I'm sure the Spyder field made some bad calls. I'm sure every field made some bad calls. But pulling lots of penalties does NOT equate to bad reffing. Actually, considering the state of NPPL reffing in the recent past, and the apparent improvement in NPPL reffing this year, I'd say a lot of penalties getting pulled is a sign of continued improvement in the reffing, as the teams who have gotten used to getting away with stuff they shouldn't have been getting away with are getting what they should have been getting all along. I was at a few NPPL events last year, and I was at HB, there were definitely a good chunk of teams out there who should have been getting a LOT more penalties than they should have been.

What it sounds like to me is some of those teams had some games on the Spyder field. Try calling yourself out when you're hit.

There's still room for improvement in the area of field-to-field consistency, but one field calling a tight game is a step in the right direction. Hopefully next event there will be three fields worth of teams who don't know how to check their hits *****ing about getting penalties for nothing.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org

Last edited by raehl : 05-22-2008 at 01:28 PM.
Old 05-22-2008, 01:36 PM #57
usafpilot07
East Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post

I'm sure the Spyder field made some bad calls. I'm sure every field made some bad calls. But pulling lots of penalties does NOT equate to bad reffing. Actually, considering the state of NPPL reffing in the recent past, and the apparent improvement in NPPL reffing this year, I'd say a lot of penalties getting pulled is a sign of continued improvement in the reffing, as the teams who have gotten used to getting away with stuff they shouldn't have been getting away with are getting what they should have been getting all along. I was at a few NPPL events last year, and I was at HB, there were definitely a good chunk of teams out there who should have been getting a LOT more penalties than they should have been.

You know, it sure does get old having you float around here every day trying to use every opportunity to try and bag on the NPPL. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like a day doesn't go by without you trying to at least hint at something the NPPL doesn't do that any APPA league does. Honestly, if you want to comment on the situation at hand, fine, but why even try to bring up something against the NPPL as a whole? It's ridiculous.

It doesn't matter if it has to do with a widespread perception of one field having reffing people didn't agree with, sandbagging that you are so damn sure doesn't happen in APPA leagues, ANYTHING.

This thread was about the Spyder Field, and nothing else. It wasn't about the NPPL, it wasn't about sandbagging, and it sure as hell wasn't talking about poor ID services.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:43 PM #58
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
Read his post again. He was calling you out as a possible cheater and giving props to the NPPL for finally catching you.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:21 PM #59
usafpilot07
East Coast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeentchianGod View Post
Read his post again. He was calling you out as a possible cheater and giving props to the NPPL for finally catching you.
Not sure how you applied it to me, but whatever.

I wasn't referencing his whole post, only the part about him trying to bring up more about the NPPL than the instance this thread is dedicated to. Nice try though.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:46 PM #60
ThEkRaM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biteme View Post
I thought the reffing was pretty good on all fields. Especially Kimo on the Spyder field.
did u play all the fields?
Old 05-22-2008, 02:46 PM #61
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
I'm saying Chris does plenty of dumping on the NPPL, he just didn't do it in that post.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:53 PM #62
Gimppy
Gotta Have Balls To Play

All I have to say is TCP Destruction Vs. DC Arsenal Predators...Anyone who watched that game know who really won... Were some other issues as well, but no sense in *****ing about whats already done and over with...