paintballa12788

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
paintballa12788 plays in the PSP
paintballa12788 plays in the APPA Pro division
paintballa12788 supports Empire
paintballa12788 is All In
The more penalties there are just shows the less honest players there are. (for the most part)
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2008, 09:15 PM #23
Shuey134

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballa12788 View Post
The more penalties there are just shows the less honest players there are. (for the most part)
finally somebody gets it.

http://www.lehighvalleypaintball.com
Old 05-20-2008, 09:32 PM #24
Jeshua White
Something Clever

and all was good in this thread. its black and white, there is no grey, if you cheat, you will be penalized.

Cal State University Monterey Bay

My Feedback
Old 05-20-2008, 09:40 PM #25
runthruking
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballa12788 View Post
its nice to see some maturity. its ridiculous how many teams complain about calls that are righteous and are clearly stated in the rule book.

Quote:
angel field was terrible, we played two games on that field, and both times we got mother****ed by the refs. 3 one for ones in one game. one for saying "i suck" instead of saying "im out". one of our players was called clean by a ref 3 feet away from him, then a ref on the other side of the field, comes sprinting over there and calls him and our snake player out. and another penatly called for cussing, without our warning.

all 3 from the same ref, dorrito side on the far end. we missed sunday by 3 kills, and honestly i think we would have gotten those three kills if there was a different ref there.
Well, I was the ref that called those. The first one for one broke two rules. You are technically supposed to only say "HIT" or "OUT". Also, you neglected to mention that after he said 'i suck' he also said 'im out' which is a violation of the rule that states that you are allowed one word after you are hit.

The second one for one was just as necesitated. I went in to check the player, and noticed an obvious hit on the head. The player was playing on with an obvious hit, therefore a one for one was called, and the snake player pulled.

thirdly, cussing is a penalty, bottom line. you were warned in the beginning of the day, and it is your responsibility to know the rules and follow them accordingly.

Old 05-20-2008, 09:55 PM #26
Naughty_Dogs

im not complaining when i say this but we did have a pretty crappy call on the spyder field one of our players got hit on the top inside of his mask our player felt the outside of his mask and felt nothing at all so continued to shoot the ref then pulled him for a one for one we talked to various other refs and they all said they wouldnt pull a one for one for that but other then i had no problems with any of the refs they all did a great job

PArty like a ROCKSTAR!

Str8Killa

Feed Back: (Old Style)
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...3#post21093693
Old 05-20-2008, 10:36 PM #27
paintballa12788

Annual Supporting Member
paintballa12788 plays in the PSP
paintballa12788 plays in the APPA Pro division
paintballa12788 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by runthruking View Post

thirdly, cussing is a penalty, bottom line. you were warned in the beginning of the day, and it is your responsibility to know the rules and follow them accordingly.

Yeap, for teams that attended the captains meeting, Sean clearly stated it would not be tolerated at all this event and that there would be no warnings. Prob because of TV .
Old 05-20-2008, 10:41 PM #28
hardcorep8ntballer
13RO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeshua White View Post
I was a ref on the spyder field, and I was there all 3 days. Not one ref had an HK headband on. That is the most ignorant thing i have read in a little bit. We pull guns, that is enforcing the rules. We warn the player their gun is bouncing, that is the rule. We pulled one for one's because we are enforcing the rules: if you continue to play on (making forward motion and/or shooting your gun) with an obvious hit, that is a penalty. We inform players of the rules in the morning, and during the day we ask them if they have questions. You know you are allowed ONE word after you are hit, and we warn you NO SWEARING. If you do either, it is a penalty. You were warned before the game. We don't pull penalties because we feel like it, if we did, you wouldn't see us over and over again because our ***** would be fired. Dave knows his **** about refs, he doesn't invite back the ones who do a terrible job. To the NJJ guy, i guess some of your other players didn't cheat as well as you. If you did wipe, karma is a ***** huh?

If you think the reffing was so horrible (and I'm going to steal Kimo's saying,) we don't force you to play, it is your free will. The ref jersey, the flight, the food, the ride is free, come on and ref with us if you think you can do such a better job than us.

im not complaining, but i saw more than once a player got hit off break running to their bunker and then slid in and got up and walked out, but a reff pulled a 1for1 anyways because they ddint stop on a dime and get out right when they got hit.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:06 AM #29
CraigAL32

CraigAL32 plays in the APPA beginner division
This has always been a hard one to call.

If the ref sees him hit in an obvious area and he gets to his prop he is playing on plain and simple, know it sucks for the player but thats the way it is.

And once again for those complaining about the amount of paint chrono refs are shooting these days its all because of the chips in your gun folks. There are a ton of different sequences to your markers and they are trying to find the obvious ones. 3 pulls, then rest, then 2 then rest and 3 more can equal 20 bps.

Owner of the Annihilators and one of the original founding players.
One of the founding players for Miami Rage 1994-1997
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Florid...s/377685150910
http://www.floridapaintballing.com
Boogie Fan #1
Old 05-21-2008, 12:12 AM #30
ihateyourface

ihateyourface plays in the PSP
ihateyourface posts videos on PbNation
ihateyourface plays in the APPA D3 division
we didnt have a single problem with the refs on the spyder field. actually only recieved 1 penalty the entire weekend. Even when my gun got pulled on the spyder field they didnt shoot more than 10 shots through it before handing it back to me.
Old 05-21-2008, 02:22 AM #31
TomSpace

I thought the reffing was good all event and especially the spyder field with Kimo in charge, he is a really good reff, he knows the rules very well and wont hesitate to inforce them.
Old 05-21-2008, 06:34 AM #32
Jkpz28
EGO OT's Long Lost Son

Annual Supporting Member
Jkpz28 is a Supporting Member
Honestly the ref'n was pretty good. Spyder field seemed the most strict but thats not a bad thing. Kimo (im assuming was the guy with the crazy hair) checked 2 of our guns as well. I dont see anything wrong with that at all, the more you check the more you bust the cheaters. We really onl had one call we thought was a bad call but other than that to the refs.

I think the JT field had the best gun that got caught. The ref started test firing it and went to hand it to another ref and the damn thing was still shooting full-auto, lol.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:51 AM #33
BlackCellPB
Fueled By Success

BlackCellPB plays in the USPL
BlackCellPB plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray ray ray View Post
The refs determined the outcome on this field every game. Absolutely ridiculous.

Every other field was fine and had no problems what so ever.
I saw many teams getting the BIG BOHICA on the Spyder Field. It was mostly the far end and Kimo. The weird part is....it was only on Sunday. Friday and Saturday was Consistent, the refs definitely controlled the out come.

Perfect example. We have one 1 for 1 in all of prelims. Then suddenly on sunday we had for 1 for 1's in 3 games. pretty much determining the outcome of the game. 2 pack hits on the pods.....the rule book says it's an unobvious hit and no 1 for 1. and 1 for cussing once without a warning. That was during a 3 v 1 which brought it to a 1 v 1.

Then before Game 3 listening to Kimo tell the other refs saying I Dont want this game going to a another round of 1 on 1 pissed me off.

Every game, no matter where he was they pulled my best guy...him and only him. Then at the end when we aargued calls they apologized. They knew they were wrong and decisions can not be overturned.

Another example was the NYC RatPack game. They pulled a 1 for 1 on Trix for cursing. Everyone who knows Trix knows he doesn't curse. He's a good christian boy......which is more than I can say for myself.

Last edited by BlackCellPB : 05-21-2008 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:05 PM #34
ihateyourface

ihateyourface plays in the PSP
ihateyourface posts videos on PbNation
ihateyourface plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCellPB View Post
I saw many teams getting the BIG BOHICA on the Spyder Field. It was mostly the far end and Kimo. The weird part is....it was only on Sunday. Friday and Saturday was Consistent, the refs definitely controlled the out come.

Perfect example. We have one 1 for 1 in all of prelims. Then suddenly on sunday we had for 1 for 1's in 3 games. pretty much determining the outcome of the game. 2 pack hits on the pods.....the rule book says it's an unobvious hit and no 1 for 1. and 1 for cussing once without a warning. That was during a 3 v 1 which brought it to a 1 v 1.

Then before Game 3 listening to Kimo tell the other refs saying I Dont want this game going to a another round of 1 on 1 pissed me off.

Every game, no matter where he was they pulled my best guy...him and only him. Then at the end when we aargued calls they apologized. They knew they were wrong and decisions can not be overturned.

Another example was the NYC RatPack game. They pulled a 1 for 1 on Trix for cursing. Everyone who knows Trix knows he doesn't curse. He's a good christian boy......which is more than I can say for myself.
i played the spyder field on sunday. no problems at all from any of the refs. maybe we had them on our side since we played with 6.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:23 PM #35
shamu
Transplanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackCellPB View Post

the unobvious hit rule is only if the player makes no indication that he knew he was hit in the pack. if it's a bunker move and the player spins after being shot in the pack, guess what - it's a 1 for 1. once a player flinches or reacts to the pack hit, the "unobvious hit" rule does not apply.

I don't know if your player flinched, or spun or if it was a bad call. Just pointing out that the pack is not always an unobvious hit.

as for Kimo saying he didn't want another 1 on 1, could it be he was telling his refs that he didn't want them going with the easy "mutual" call if they can tell who shot who first? Maybe he was trying to get them to work better, not (as you implied) fixing the game?

You want to know what pisses me off? Players who always blame the refs when they lose.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:40 PM #36
bmoney003
187 cRew it's Murda!!

bmoney003 is a Professional paintball player
bmoney003 plays in the PSP
bmoney003 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
please show me the pack hit is obvious if the player flinches...rule...i am curious to read it
Old 05-21-2008, 12:47 PM #37
TeamShellShock
Collect All 16!

TeamShellShock is a Supporting Member
TeamShellShock supports our troops
TeamShellShock is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmoney003 View Post
please show me the pack hit is obvious if the player flinches...rule...i am curious to read it
19.04 Unobvious Hits. Unobvious hits are those which impact and break on player’s harnesses & tubes located on players back. Players with un-obvious hits will be eliminated but will not be penalized. Should a player with an un-obvious hit become aware, through his/her own actions or through information provided by teammates that he/she has been validly marked, such hit at such time shall then be deemed to constitute an obvious hit. Any part of the harness located in front of a players hips are considered obvious.

There ya go.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:01 PM #38
bmoney003
187 cRew it's Murda!!

bmoney003 is a Professional paintball player
bmoney003 plays in the PSP
bmoney003 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
word. thank you!
Old 05-21-2008, 01:24 PM #39
BlackCellPB
Fueled By Success

Players didn't flintch. it was on a second row of pods on the breakout. He was pulled on a 1 for 1 befor even getting to his bunker. If the refs weren't wrong...why would they apologize? And you can't tell me there is no bias in NPPL reffing. Not all refs, but some. I respect most, I am thankful for them breaking their *** through the night on Friday to ensure everything went smoothly saturday.

But when so many people have a problem with particular fields, wouldn't you say thats evident? Do you see complaints about the JT Field? Eclipse Field? No

The NPPL Field ALWAYS has complain about #36 so he doesn't count. He's penalty happy.

Last edited by BlackCellPB : 05-21-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 01:44 PM #40
megabork
im jabba

megabork is a Supporting Member
kimo is one of the best reffs out there by far ,hes played high level pb for years and knows all the tricks,, the other guys im afraid were a lil (excitable?) w/e calls happen hopefully those newer guys will learn and become as good as all the other crews out there,
Old 05-21-2008, 02:31 PM #41
BlackCellPB
Fueled By Success

Quote:
Originally Posted by megabork View Post
kimo is one of the best reffs out there by far ,hes played high level pb for years and knows all the tricks,, the other guys im afraid were a lil (excitable?) w/e calls happen hopefully those newer guys will learn and become as good as all the other crews out there,
They weren't Kimo's calls, but the refs on his field.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:49 PM #42
shamu
Transplanted

I'll tell you a secret - if you have a question about a call, after the game ask the referee why he made the call. When you do it, try not to run up to him/her and start screaming in his/her face "OMG, WHAT ARE YOU DOING? WHY DID YOU PULL ME OUT!?!?!??!"

Most referees won't explain their call if the player can't rationally discuss the situation. They'll point you to the head ref and walk away.

Now, if you say "ref, I'm not sure why I was pulled out there. Can you explain it to me?" most (not all) refs will explain why they made the call. You may not agree with their logic, which is fine, but at least you know why the call was made.

This happens to me several times each event - a player will ask me why I made a call or why he was pulled without a hit. If I can explain to them what happened I will. However, when I have 1 (or more) players yelling at me, I'm not going to deal with them in that state because I know they’re not going to listen to anything I say. Then they won't find out that they were pulled on a 1-4-1 or that they stepped out of bounds or that they got shot from a direction they didn't know.

My point is that referees usually (no, not always) have a reason for making the call they do. Sometimes that reason isn't obvious to players or spectators. In those cases, a little self-restraint can go a long way in finding out what happened or why a call was made.

Just to be clear - I'm not directing this at any particular person. It's just that I see these threads after every event. Often, I can think of several explanations for why a call was made. Yes, one of those explanations is that the ref sucks, but there are other possibilities too. It makes me wonder how many times players take the time to find out (in a reasonable manner) why the call was made and how many times they just say "terrible call" without understanding what really happened.

yeah, i'm rambling again. i'll shut up now.