PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-20-2008, 12:36 AM #1
hardcorep8ntballer
13RO

Spyder Feild

reffing was great all weekend

i dont think there was a game without a penalty all weekend.
post your stories.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2008, 12:39 AM #2
paintballa12788

Annual Supporting Member
paintballa12788 plays in the PSP
paintballa12788 plays in the APPA Pro division
paintballa12788 supports Empire
paintballa12788 is All In
Reffing was the best ive seen in awhile. Just about every penalty called was deserved. If you have an obvious hit and you keep shooting, 1 for 1. Its as simple as that.

Thumbs up to all refs on all fields.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:06 AM #3
bmoney003
187 cRew it's Murda!!

bmoney003 is a Professional paintball player
bmoney003 plays in the PSP
bmoney003 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Spyder field was awful...therer was a reason why they loagged way behind...they check at least one or two guns gun after each of our games. We had one game where 3 guns were pulled...(granted one gun the microswitch broke and the gun was going full auto...but that player DID call the ref over during the game...hence we didnt get a penalty) but ...they were rediculous to say the least.

all other fields were pretty good. I mean obviously there were questionable calls but that happens.

why is there always one field that the refs are out of control...in HB it was JT this event it was spyder....oh well
Old 05-20-2008, 10:32 AM #4
megabork
im jabba

megabork is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
kimo the head reff was fine, the other guys on the far side (sunday) called 4, 1 4 1's in two games during the finals thus sending us home , other than that the reffing was great
Old 05-20-2008, 12:36 PM #5
benpb03

benpb03 is a Professional paintball player
i dunno i normally dont like to call out the reffs after the event because i have reffed events before like the NEPL and there is never going to be 100% satisfaction but there are a couple things i saw on the spyder field...

1st of all i witnessed a game and we were watching the game and clearly we called out 2 guns on this d3 team, i believe it was CS Union, that clearly were illegal from what we saw, heard, of the gun. After the game two reffs pulled both the guns and checked them. What they found was that both of the guns shoot by themselves after the trigger was pulled and the reff held the gun not even touching the trigger as both guns shot the turf. Then after we wear laughing at that the head reff called their team captain over and gave them a pass without a penalty...like wow...that is kinda rediculous, the reffing doesnt all happen the best and some teams might get screwed but atleast enforce all the rules. Thats the best shot at having your field be the best it can be, enforce all the rules and you will always have an argument to fall back on when a team comes up *itching about a call.

A second thing i hate to see is reffs supporting teams that are going to be playing on their fields, we were playing HK on the spyder field and a couple reffs had HK headbands on. like come on now, make it alittle more obvious that you support them and 99% of the team if your friends with a player the benefit of the doubt is always goign to go to them, its just human nature. Dont make it so obvious. Then when we go out to play HK on that field we stalemate them yet before and after the game multiple reffs went up to the HK players laughing and joking with them clearly. Plus in that game there was a controversial 1 for 1 called from the sideline and after the game 3 people i didnt even know came up to me and said that one of the players ditched 2 hits in his gun at 2 different times in the game. Like come on now, that is fishy. I dont really care if your buddies with the players cuz its goign to happen just reff the game fairly and dont make it obvious that you support a certain team by wearing their **** and talking, joking, etc.. with them before/after games.
New England Avalanche | Benny Carroll #2

Valken |Vanguard Demon | NXe | Stiffi Barrels | Ninja Paintball | Dye | Exalt | RAZA | Tech PB | OXCC | Sly | Boston Paintball | GXG
Old 05-20-2008, 01:36 PM #6
502 killa
THIRDEYE

Annual Supporting Member
502 killa plays in the PSP
502 killa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
502 killa plays in the APPA D2 division
it was good. but i saw a few questionable calls. one game this guy got shot in the hopper and the ref ran over there checked him waited 5 seconds and pulled him with no penalty then the same game, same ref, a guy on the other team got shot in the pack going to the spike he pulled a 1 for 1 .very inconsistent reffing but still solid at best.
Old 05-20-2008, 01:58 PM #7
ray ray ray

The refs determined the outcome on this field every game. Absolutely ridiculous.

Every other field was fine and had no problems what so ever.
www.obeypictures.net
Official "Trix" fanclub member #4!
MY FEEDBACK +5/-0
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...5#post21760775
Old 05-20-2008, 02:58 PM #8
matty84

matty84 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray ray ray View Post
The refs determined the outcome on this field every game. Absolutely ridiculous.

Every other field was fine and had no problems what so ever.
Agreed.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:24 PM #9
T$739
Tommy GunZ

T$739 is a Supporting Member
Spyder, JT, and Eclipse were all run decently by what I seen..

Angel was the worse.. if you had the far side of the field, you were almost guranteed to have a 1 for 1 called.

A guy got shot on the baggy end of his pants, didn't feel it and the ref came running and pulled a 1 for 1.

I watched the same ref, do it 4 more times for different situations, that clearly didn't deserve it. Someone got his pod shot up which was 2 ft away from him and this same ref pulled a 1 for 1.

Not to mention the chrono ref shooting an entire hopper off of everybody's gun.

10 shots would be sufficent... not 140...
Old feedback #2
35 A+ Feedback in Total and counting...

Last edited by T$739 : 05-20-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:51 PM #10
nicepants
I PLAY DPB

nicepants is a Supporting Member
nicepants plays in the PSP
nicepants plays in the APPA D3 division
WE HAD two 1for 1's on pack hits another for saying 1 cussword without the warning. And another for a player continuing his run off the break without shooting his gun and getting clipped. 4 penalties ALL IN our quarter final match. I tried to fight the ref who made the last 1for1 pack hit call. But my teamates Held me back(thankgod). But seriously i cheated on that field the reffs SUCKED HUGE *******. They did not give us a chance against nxe journey.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:13 PM #11
Chris_and_a_1/2 (Banned)
Nuskool

Chris_and_a_1/2 helped look for balloons
i think the refs (most...not all) are just having a little too much fun throwing that new flag in the air this year.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:40 PM #12
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
The refs should tie one of those paratrooper guys to their flags so they are more fan friendly.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:51 PM #13
gzinthehood
•••K3 Productions•••

gzinthehood is a Moderator
gzinthehood is a Supporting Member
gzinthehood plays in the PSP
gzinthehood is an NCPA player
We had tons of penalties on the Spyder Field, but I think they were all deserved.

Our players liked to play on face hits, and other very very obvious hits.

However, watching a few games I saw some pretty interesting calls. The team with colby and fonze that played CS Union in quarters or whatever the round after prelims was got ruined by an undeserved penalty.

Overall though, I thought it was pretty fair. Lots better than my experience with PSP reffing
FREE GOLD UPS!
Old 05-20-2008, 05:51 PM #14
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 is Boss
Kimo really held it down on Spyder field...he kept the refs in check between games and they seemed to do their job just fine. I think everyone can agree that the reffing this season so far has been the best the NPPL has seen. There will always be complainers and controversy, its paintball.

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Old 05-20-2008, 06:08 PM #15
jord138 (Banned)
relax. and. take. notes.

angel field was terrible, we played two games on that field, and both times we got mother****ed by the refs. 3 one for ones in one game. one for saying "i suck" instead of saying "im out". one of our players was called clean by a ref 3 feet away from him, then a ref on the other side of the field, comes sprinting over there and calls him and our snake player out. and another penatly called for cussing, without our warning.

all 3 from the same ref, dorrito side on the far end. we missed sunday by 3 kills, and honestly i think we would have gotten those three kills if there was a different ref there.
Old 05-20-2008, 06:18 PM #16
T$739
Tommy GunZ

T$739 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimus85 View Post
Kimo really held it down on Spyder field...he kept the refs in check between games and they seemed to do their job just fine. I think everyone can agree that the reffing this season so far has been the best the NPPL has seen. There will always be complainers and controversy, its paintball.
I second what Mike said
Old feedback #2
35 A+ Feedback in Total and counting...
Old 05-20-2008, 06:36 PM #17
Jeshua White
Something Clever

I was a ref on the spyder field, and I was there all 3 days. Not one ref had an HK headband on. That is the most ignorant thing i have read in a little bit. We pull guns, that is enforcing the rules. We warn the player their gun is bouncing, that is the rule. We pulled one for one's because we are enforcing the rules: if you continue to play on (making forward motion and/or shooting your gun) with an obvious hit, that is a penalty. We inform players of the rules in the morning, and during the day we ask them if they have questions. You know you are allowed ONE word after you are hit, and we warn you NO SWEARING. If you do either, it is a penalty. You were warned before the game. We don't pull penalties because we feel like it, if we did, you wouldn't see us over and over again because our ***** would be fired. Dave knows his **** about refs, he doesn't invite back the ones who do a terrible job. To the NJJ guy, i guess some of your other players didn't cheat as well as you. If you did wipe, karma is a ***** huh?

If you think the reffing was so horrible (and I'm going to steal Kimo's saying,) we don't force you to play, it is your free will. The ref jersey, the flight, the food, the ride is free, come on and ref with us if you think you can do such a better job than us.

Cal State University Monterey Bay

My Feedback
Old 05-20-2008, 07:08 PM #18
jord138 (Banned)
relax. and. take. notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepants View Post
But seriously i cheated on that field the reffs SUCKED HUGE *******.
thanks, *******. its always nice to know that we got beat by some cheaters. seriously, wtf. if you're gonna cheat at least dont announce it to the teams you beat.
Old 05-20-2008, 07:17 PM #19
TiTus owns
East Koast Kid

Kimo was good and so was Butters! But some of the other reffs seemed new so give them a break, that doesnt mean i agree with some of the calls but I do agree that if a reff saw it then no arguments.

DYE-Jani King-PSI-Evil-LockDown-M.A.D Photography
Old 05-20-2008, 08:23 PM #20
R0bby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeshua White View Post
I was a ref on the spyder field, and I was there all 3 days. Not one ref had an HK headband on. That is the most ignorant thing i have read in a little bit. We pull guns, that is enforcing the rules. We warn the player their gun is bouncing, that is the rule. We pulled one for one's because we are enforcing the rules: if you continue to play on (making forward motion and/or shooting your gun) with an obvious hit, that is a penalty. We inform players of the rules in the morning, and during the day we ask them if they have questions. You know you are allowed ONE word after you are hit, and we warn you NO SWEARING. If you do either, it is a penalty. You were warned before the game. We don't pull penalties because we feel like it, if we did, you wouldn't see us over and over again because our ***** would be fired. Dave knows his **** about refs, he doesn't invite back the ones who do a terrible job. To the NJJ guy, i guess some of your other players didn't cheat as well as you. If you did wipe, karma is a ***** huh?

If you think the reffing was so horrible (and I'm going to steal Kimo's saying,) we don't force you to play, it is your free will. The ref jersey, the flight, the food, the ride is free, come on and ref with us if you think you can do such a better job than us.

Im 100% with Jesh i reffed the spyder field Sunday and we don't just pull penalties for fun or because we like another team more we do it because its our job to prevent cheating in the league if you dont like it its an easy solved fix dont do it. and jesh is right every game we explained you the rules explaing our rules on talking when out and swearing and asked if you had questions. we had to deal with players swearing and calling us some pretty immature things and when that happens the proper disciplinary actions were pulled. nobody on that field wore an hk headband that is really just a bold faced lie. reffing isnt the easiest job your on your feet from 6am till 5pm and then some of us( for instance me) helped rebuild all the fields till 3am friday night yet all the time people complain about the reffing at events we have a very difficult job if you can do it better come join us
Old 05-20-2008, 08:47 PM #21
paintballa12788

Annual Supporting Member
paintballa12788 plays in the PSP
paintballa12788 plays in the APPA Pro division
paintballa12788 supports Empire
This thread could be ended very simply. If you're hit anywhere obvious (everything but pods) check or asked to be checked and call yourself out if it broke. Then there would be no penalties.