PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-13-2008, 06:42 PM #1
Zielinski
werd.

Thinking about i3 pros...

I've been reading some reviews and they're very mixed... People are saying that the HD lenses fog, some say they never have, some say that they're bulky and heavy, some say that they're low profile and just as light as the others... The only consistent response was that the lenses are hard to take out... Could I get some help from somebody who knows what they're talking about please? lol...
Zielinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-13-2008, 07:21 PM #2
Nomahsib

Annual Supporting Member
Nomahsib is an NCPA player
Nomahsib is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Nomahsib is Boss
I like my i3 Pros and Proflex about equally.

i3 Pros

Pros: Comfortable (preference), dual paned thermal lenses, small profile, semi-bouncy, decent breathability, nice soft ears

Cons: Lens removal

Proflex

Pros: Customizable, lightweight, breathable, comfortable (again personal preference), dual paned thermal lenses, very flexible (bounces)

Cons: Lens removal (not as bad as the i3 Pros), the soft ears are kinda lame compared to the i3 Pros (IMO)

Both are great masks, I'm leaning towards the i3 Pros as of right now due to it fitting on my face a bit better. Most people are scared away from the i3 Pros because of lens removal and stuff. Yes, it does suck, but I've only needed to remove the lenses once (though I've done it more than ten times). Go try them on and see what you think.

Nomahsib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 05:54 AM #3
THE ZACHARIAS
The Big Bad Weatherman

I love my I3s, but I wouldn't want to wear them for a long time (the sides are tight on my head). The frames are indeed hard to take out, and the stock lens fogs after a couple of weekends of play (something about the coating being a cheap marketing gimmick and washing off too easily), but you can get a thermal lens for $30. Worth $90+ though? Not so sure about that. I would have gone with an avatar or grill if my I3s had'nt been a gift.
THE ZACHARIAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 07:03 AM #4
Impy912

im a bigger guy and my i3 pro has never fogged on me and it is vented enough that my glasses dont fig either. And I have the stock HD lens and I got the mask used so i dont know about the few weekends then they fog. Overall id say its a great mask but Id prob try to get a used one because it isnt worth any mask to spend 90 on it

Impy912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2008, 09:26 AM #5
PM6 Scenerio Player
Its spelled correctly!!!

I got mine for christmas in 2006 they fogged on me in the first game I played with them but I'm a real big dude and sweat a ton so that could be why. The thermal lens fixed that right up!! Get them you'll like them but the lens changing is truly a pain in the ***!!!

New York Knicks!!

NY Yankees! 2014
PM6 Scenerio Player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 04:44 PM #6
tnelson_420
SMOKE

what is the difference between the i3 and i3 pros
Old 05-19-2008, 04:50 PM #7
Nomahsib

Annual Supporting Member
Nomahsib is an NCPA player
Nomahsib is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Nomahsib is Boss
i3 Pros have soft ears, lighter, and different material for the mask portion (don't quote me on this one).

Nomahsib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:19 PM #8
tnelson_420
SMOKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomahsib View Post
i3 Pros have soft ears, lighter, and different material for the mask portion (don't quote me on this one).