Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-18-2008, 11:03 PM #1
g1xxer

another what mask question

well today i was reffing and i got lit in the mask. i love my flexs but only while i play...not ref. i got shot about 4 times and they all bounced and off the bottoms but went straight through and hit my cheeks and neck.

so the question is which mask can give me the most comfort along with ventilation. i've never tried any other mask except a beginner vents mask so your thoughts would be great. oh ya...i live in a city where summers are hot and humid so nice and vented would be great.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:47 PM #2
Nomahsib

Annual Supporting Member
Nomahsib is an NCPA player
Nomahsib is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Nomahsib is Boss
I see a lot of refs using Spectras (Flexes with hard bottoms), that would give the same ventilation, just with a hard bottom. I'm not sure if that will solve your problem, but you can get them in nice bright colors to make sure the players can see not to shoot you.

Nomahsib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:04 AM #3
Mattyacks
Tainted

profiler....what ref doesnt have one
Old 05-19-2008, 12:07 AM #4
g1xxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattyacks View Post
profiler....what ref doesnt have one
do they breath pretty well...its hot as hell over here
Old 05-19-2008, 12:15 AM #5
Nomahsib

Annual Supporting Member
Nomahsib is an NCPA player
Nomahsib is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Nomahsib is Boss
Quote:
Originally Posted by g1xxer View Post
do they breath pretty well...its hot as hell over here
Well any mask with good ventilation is going to let paint go through and hit you in the face. Think of it, ventilation is just a bunch of holes in which air can flow through. When placed by the mouth and a paintball hits it the broken shell will most likely fly through the ventilation holes along with the fill, causing you to get nasty stuff in your mouth. In my mind, there isn't much you can do about it.

Nomahsib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 12:18 AM #6
g1xxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomahsib View Post
Well any mask with good ventilation is going to let paint go through and hit you in the face. Think of it, ventilation is just a bunch of holes in which air can flow through. When placed by the mouth and a paintball hits it the broken shell will most likely fly through the ventilation holes along with the fill, causing you to get nasty stuff in your mouth. In my mind, there isn't much you can do about it.

well i really dont mind the paint getting on my face..just as long as the paint breaks on the mask and not on my face. that **** hurts