PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-15-2008, 09:56 PM #1
CraigAL32

has been a member for 10 years
CraigAL32 plays in the APPA beginner division
PBNation: Put the NPPL back on front page please

Ok this is crazy, PBNation needs to put the NPPL back on the front page, they settled their dispute.

Blah!!!!

Owner of the Annihilators and one of the original founding players.
One of the founding players for Miami Rage 1994-1997
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Florid...s/377685150910
http://www.floridapaintballing.com
Boogie Fan #1

Last edited by CraigAL32 : 05-15-2008 at 10:01 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-15-2008, 11:05 PM #2
badboyz21

Annual Supporting Member
badboyz21 supports Cereal Killerz 2
chea...
Old 05-15-2008, 11:44 PM #3
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
I'm pretty sure NPPL/XPSL not being on the main page has nothing to do with the dispute.

All the other leagues listed on the pbNation's main page have pbNation linked from their pages. NPPL/XPSL do not, and out of fairness to everyone else, should not be listed on the main page until they do.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org

Last edited by raehl : 05-15-2008 at 11:47 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 02:42 AM #4
badboyz21

Annual Supporting Member
badboyz21 supports Cereal Killerz 2
true...
Old 05-16-2008, 10:11 AM #5
CraigAL32

They ( NPPL ) are not listed in Tourney area as well.
Now tell me that is not childish , a league of this stature should be listed in Tourney area plain and simple, this is so stupid.

Not sure how many know but on PSP they have PBNation listed but do not have a link like all the other companies listed, hmmmm.

When you think of PBNation you think of a web site for information.
If they are choosing what information is listed or how it is listed then in my mind they lose credibility. Then you start to question what other things have we not seen or been exposed to because they did not get along with or found they did not agree with their ideas.

Come on PBNation step up and act like the class act we all thought you were at one point and stop being big babies. Blocking out the letters that make up NPPL was one of the lowest of lows.

Boogie Fan #1
Old 05-16-2008, 10:43 AM #6
m3s0h0rn7
-//-

I'd have to agree. The NPPL is one of, if not the largest, known paintball league in the entire world at this point. I mean christ, they have their own television show. It seems asinine at this point to not link the NPPL forums on the front page, in any regard whatsoever. Why have an NPPL forum at all? It just seems like straight up hypocrisy...

Regardless of what happened in Boston, there's no excuse now that they've "made up".
Old 05-16-2008, 12:28 PM #7
Kevin1990
TurboNinja

not like NPPL is a big tournament series or anything

ECArmy
Old 05-16-2008, 12:34 PM #8
CraigAL32

lol exactly.
Now on the front page under Tournaments they have all these Tourneys but no NPPL, what the hell is wrong with them?

AXBL, BCPPL, CCPL, CFOA, Chitown Series, College and High School Tournaments, CTS, CXBL, General Tourney, GPL/GPXL, Karnage Paintball Series, Millennium, MSPA, NEPL, , Paintball-Asia League (PALS), Past Events, PBC, PSP, PTS, SPLAT APT, Vicious Series

Amazing!!!!

Boogie Fan #1
Old 05-16-2008, 12:57 PM #9
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
Maybe that's a fix that has to wait until they get home from the event?

Remember, kids, real life happens at a different speed than the intartubz.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:43 PM #10
tigwldr
Chaos

Annual Supporting Member
tigwldr is a Supporting Member
tigwldr is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeentchianGod View Post
Maybe that's a fix that has to wait until they get home from the event?

Remember, kids, real life happens at a different speed than the intartubz.
Its a fix that takes about 10 seconds in the admin control panel from any internet connection in the world.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:48 PM #11
ry94080 (Banned)
Nor*Cal balla'

pbnation = haters
Old 05-16-2008, 03:09 PM #12
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
The Professional teams are the best paintball teams on the planet, and NPPL is a league to showcase professional paintball competition, so the Pro teams should all get free entry fees, right?

PbNation is the largest paintball website on the internet. A website of that stature should be linked from NPPL's web page, right?

I'm the President of the other league with a television show. Our forum is listed on the main page of PbNation, which is valuable to leagues, because we EXCHANGED something of value with PbNation for that privilege. We promote PbNation, PbNation promotes us. That's what most people call 'fair'.

If NPPL wants to be listed on the main page, they should engage PbNation in the same fair exchange all of the other leagues do. And if they do not want to do that for whatever reason, I don't really see how PbNation is being 'childish' because they don't want to help out someone who does not want to return the favor.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
Old 05-16-2008, 03:55 PM #13
captshorty7
Jason Kohout

captshorty7 plays in the PSP
captshorty7 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
captshorty7 supports Team VICIOUS
captshorty7 is an NCPA player
captshorty7 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
i totally agree with Chris
Rusty Glaze fan club #7!!
Old 05-16-2008, 04:05 PM #14
undrdg
RIP Larry Alexander

Perhaps the NPPL is building its self up to be more of a marketing of Paintball rather than a tournament series.
I believe i read somewhere that the goal of the NPPL is to provide companies and sponsors with the full media treatment (web, print, TV). Perhaps that is not the route pbnation wants to take. I am unsure how pbnation can grow as a business without having more products available in that sense.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:44 PM #15
CraigAL32

Chris this is where most of us have issue. Look at this list which is listed on the front page.
Yes you and your series are listed but also GENERAL TOURNEY and PAST EVENTS are listed on that same page. You cannot tell me those links are there because they have an agreement with PBNATION, they are general listing not an organization.
AXBL, BCPPL, CCPL, CFOA, Chitown Series, College and High School Tournaments, CTS, CXBL, General Tourney, GPL/GPXL, Karnage Paintball Series, Millennium, MSPA, NEPL, , Paintball-Asia League (PALS), Past Events, PBC, PSP, PTS, SPLAT APT, Vicious Series

I understand your point on having the NPPL listed where the PSP is when they have a tourney that weekend. I am not asking for them to put the NPPL in that position yet, but would like it when all is done which it looks like things are going that direction.

There is no reason NPPL should have been removed from the Tourney page , yes on a marque spot like the PSP has but not under general tourney stuff.

Boogie Fan #1
Old 05-16-2008, 09:13 PM #16
dm7killer153

Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post

I'm the President of the other league with a television show. Our forum is listed on the main page of PbNation, which is valuable to leagues, because we EXCHANGED something of value with PbNation for that privilege. We promote PbNation, PbNation promotes us. That's what most people call 'fair'.
what is having pbnation links on your website going to do? 98% of paintballers have a pbnation name, if you paintball at all you know what pbnation is.

pbnation is supposed to be about the growth of the sport, yet they wont publicly list NPPL or XPSL. why? because they wont put a measly link in their website. is that childish? yes
because if i were the NPPL, i wouldnt either, pbnation had no ****ing right to get into the politics of paintball. you leave that to the big boys. punishing a league for trying to promote the sport is bull****. yeah, they could have given them a bigger heads up, but its not like it mattered because everybody was giong to come out anyways. MWAG, der der, etc arent going to not cover an event just because they cant see center court. they have plenty of pro teams not playing on the center court until finals.
plus in return, they were given free media passes. which cost money out the ****ing ***, if you didnt know.

pbnation is all about the money.
like ive said, you know why smart parts has like 10 gun category listings? its because SP is a major sponsor of pbnation.
why does dye only have 2? because they dont advertise on nation.
nation has gone way downhill the past couple years and its quite sad.
Old 05-16-2008, 11:22 PM #17
jdev
not for hire

jdev is a Moderator
jdev is a Supporting Member
jdev is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigAL32 View Post
Chris this is where most of us have issue. Look at this list which is listed on the front page.
Yes you and your series are listed but also GENERAL TOURNEY and PAST EVENTS are listed on that same page. You cannot tell me those links are there because they have an agreement with PBNATION, they are general listing not an organization.
General Tourney links to the regional forums. This is probably because not every tournament series is as big as the ones you see on the front page. Therefore, PbN links to the regional forums and allows users to find the smaller tournament series from there. Not all leagues have websites where they announce/run things so therefore would not be able to participate in a link exchange.

Past Events is for archival purposes only it would appear, and I don't think that past tournament events which are no longer active and may not have a website behind them fall into the link exchange program.
Quote:

I understand your point on having the NPPL listed where the PSP is when they have a tourney that weekend. I am not asking for them to put the NPPL in that position yet, but would like it when all is done which it looks like things are going that direction.

There is no reason NPPL should have been removed from the Tourney page , yes on a marque spot like the PSP has but not under general tourney stuff.
What most people seem to be taking issue with is that the NPPL is not listed in the Tournament Talk area (not saying you don't understand, just summarizing). The reason for this, as Chris already explained, is that NPPL has not gone through the same link exchange as other leagues have, and therefore don't have their league listed in the Tournament Talk area. I don't think that the NPPL should receive preferential treatment over the other leagues who have already fulfilled their end of things by linking to PbN, why should NPPL be any different from even the smallest of leagues. They abide by the guidelines, why should NPPL not have to follow the same ones?
Old 05-17-2008, 12:19 AM #18
MetDTHero
Raising the Knife

MetDTHero supports our troops
Lets get one fact straight here.

People keep saying that the NPPL and XPSL not being on the front page is because of PbN not being on their websites.

PbN wasnt listed on their sites before the dispute.

For the record, and I have clarified this with John before, When the dispute occurred PbN put NPPL on the filter, and took all affiliations of NPPL off the site, thus removing the two leagues from the main page, making the unwritten rule of NPPl couldn't have news threads in the News forum, etc. Then created this guise (as I like to refer to it) of "PbN isn't on their sites."

PbN USED to be about furthering the SPORT of paintball as a WHOLE. Not about those who PAY them to further the sport.
The GDT>PbN
Gogged Paintball

Old 05-17-2008, 01:07 AM #19
danbob1088
succisa virescit

danbob1088 is a Paintball photographer
danbob1088 is an NCPA player
danbob1088 plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetDTHero View Post
PbN USED to be about furthering the SPORT of paintball as a WHOLE. Not about those who PAY them to further the sport.
QFT.

NPPL never had it listed. It was rather convenient for PbN to realize that all of a sudden...

flickr
Old 05-17-2008, 06:55 AM #20
CraigAL32

Interesting, I did not know that, pretty funny now.

Boogie Fan #1
Old 05-17-2008, 10:04 AM #21
Fatman Lash
Original Goonie member

when you go on NPPL.com and look at the scores for Jax... theres a link at the botom that says NPPL and PBNation scheduals

Christ Krew

EKK all the way
Feedback +1/-0