add salt
add pepper
stir for a few seconds
add parsley
add oregano
add cayenne pepper and paprika
add just a hint of soy sauce

now stir everything and finish cooking it all
pour all but about a 1/4 cup of the water out...put in bowl and then add the flavor packet

stir and eat

spicy and tasty!

lso..if ya just like spicy stuff, ya can jsut add hot sauce and forget the rest of the stuff...i just like putting stuff in there cuz i get bored easily
You would like my Curry Paella .
But the tears on her cheeks are from laughter.
F L O R I D A S T A T E
JPizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-16-2008, 01:25 AM #86
tonyneedspills2
nutrider

since most of you guys dont seem to have much experience with a knife ill give you a little recipe i made up when over at my friends house. its not going to be a gaurmet pizza, but try out it and see if cookings for you. atleast its better then top romen. i can garentee you if you go into your kitchen right now you will have all ingredients needed for this. hence why im giving you this recipe instead of something a little bit more complicated, but youd have to go to the store to pick some of the stuff up.
eggs
flour
ketchup/tomatoes
cheese
olive oil
parsley

mix flour and eggs. just enough flour and egg combo to make a paste. butter a pan and heat oven to about 400. spread the dough into a circle on the pan. now mix up 50/50 olive oil and ketchup mix. throw a bit of salt in that and spread it ontop of the dough. put this into the oven for as long as it takes to start "baking" the bread. then pull it out and place some cheese on top of it. if you want you can also throw in some sliced tomatoes on top. replace in the oven till the cheese melts. once thats done take it out of the oven and throw some parsley on top. then chomp
ill make it starting right now. ill have pics up in a bit.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:26 AM #87
The Unlawful Waffle
Champion of the Sun

Over the summer i made this warm, delicious cookies with my friend. He added in the eggs. They were so good.

just thought you'd want to know.
Old 05-16-2008, 01:31 AM #88
JPizzle
Inebriate of air am I

has been a member for 10 years
This thread is going so well. I'm happier than the day I got my first period; I'm a big girl now!
F L O R I D A S T A T E
Old 05-16-2008, 02:03 AM #89
menace. (Banned)
uǝʌǝs

just you wait til i dig up my mom's down home finnish comfort food recipes

you'll menstruate all over your kitchen
menace. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 02:08 AM #90
JPizzle
Inebriate of air am I

Quote:
Originally Posted by menace. View Post
you'll menstruate all over your kitchen
You just extended my metaphor

and my penis.
F L O R I D A S T A T E
Old 05-16-2008, 02:10 AM #91
menace. (Banned)
uǝʌǝs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPizzle View Post
and my penis.
that's another one of those metaphors right?
Old 05-16-2008, 02:24 AM #92
JPizzle
Inebriate of air am I

It's just so nice to have someone who understands me. It's times like these that make me know there's a god who made a person for everyone. You complete me.

Oh my god, bad memory.

So yeah, do you know of any good marinades?
F L O R I D A S T A T E
Old 05-16-2008, 02:50 AM #93
menace. (Banned)
uǝʌǝs

i did this once
it was ok

http://thecookingguy.com/cookbook/recipe.php?id=386
Old 05-16-2008, 02:56 AM #94
Hookipabound
Sekkle

Hookipabound is a Supporting Member
I tried this twice and it failed...
Old 05-16-2008, 05:47 AM #95
smartpartpro
Dirty, Dirty Shizno

I just made an amazing BLT 10 seconds ago... yumm
Which isn't a big deal, but why all at once?
Do you get a special deal if you turn in your man-card before the end of the fiscal year?

XBL-z S0L1D SNAK3 z
smartpartpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 07:18 AM #96
A7Xballer
Luck o' the Irish

I kind've just do what I want when i cook, don't usually use recipes. work at a restaurant down the street. cheapest plate=$30. sorry, can't give out any of those recipes, boss'll kill me. I'll just give you something simple that i cook myself for barbeques(serving=1)

ingredients-
1 bottle of bullseye original barbeque sauce
1 tomato
2 slices of bacon
Handful of shredded cheddar
1 good sized chicken cutlet

Directions-
grill chicken and bacon strips on grill until well cooked.
marinade the bacon and chicken with bullseye.
wait until the sauce has actually embedded the flavor in the bacon and chicken,you can tell this because if you whipe the sauce off, you will see that the chicken has turned a little brown like the sauce.
pour cheese on top of chicken, put bacon strips on top of cheese, put tomatoes on top of bacon.
grill for another 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
ending product=delicious

I work all day making filet mignon, french food, and sauces for the dishes, but i like making barbeque stuff, chinese, and other stuff that i don't do at work. Later today, i'm going to give a recipe for something else

Good thread!
Light the lamp, throw a hit Black and gold never quit
A7Xballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:00 PM #97
Invision360 (Banned)
Marine Corps

go to a fast food place and get dinner... alot yummier and easier
Invision360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:03 PM #98
menace. (Banned)
uǝʌǝs

so whoever posted the really vulgar recipe for french fries on a cast iron skillet on the first page but got deleted, i made those

they were ****ing good, the thyme completely makes them
Old 05-16-2008, 06:08 PM #99
Max S (Banned)
Jim

omg my mouf its wateringgggg

Max S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:41 PM #100
Charlie_Boy (Banned)
Team Canadia/Quality

My parents make some really great food. Salmon pasta w/ vodka sauce, my dad makes a mean paella w/ lots of squid, shrimp, chicken, and some other goodies, and he also makes some damn good smoked ribs.
Charlie_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:35 PM #101
calvman
Clickety screeeee

Annual Supporting Member
calvman is a Mega Moderator
calvman is a Supporting Member
calvman is BST Legit
calvman is playing at Living Legends VII
My recent favorite thing I made is gyro meat. I was motivated to make my own gyro because of all the Greek restaurants around town here want to charge an exorbitant amount for perhaps one or two measly slices of meat.

This is the recipe I used from cooks.com

Quote:
GREEK GYRO MEAT

1 lb. ground lamb
1/2 c. very finely chopped (or shredded) onion
2 tsp. fresh minced garlic
3/4 tsp. salt (preferably sea salt)
1/2 tsp. dried ground marjoram
1/2 tsp. dried ground rosemary
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Mix everything together and let sit in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours. Blend in a food processor for about 1 minute. (When cooked, this will help give it a more traditional gyro feel on your palate. Otherwise, it just takes like cooked minced meat.)

Form into an oblong around a spit, and slow cook over a grill for around 30-45 minutes, cooking far from the coals, and rotating slowly. Alternatively, bake in the oven in a meatloaf shape for about 45 minutes to 1 hour, at 325F. It should be a bit dry.

P. S. Tzatziki is made with 500 ml. plain natural or Greek yogurt, 1 cucumber which has been peeled and deseeded and grated and drained of extra liquid, and 2-4 cloves of fresh minced garlic.

Mix together and let sit in the refrigerator until ready to use. This is an extremely traditional recipe, and might be a bit sharp for the average American palate, so you might want to halve the garlic amount.

When I made this, I did not have a good spit and grill available, so I followed the loaf-pan instructions. It turned out a very nice loaf which I sliced very thinly to make some wonderful Gyros.

I have lived and worked in Greece for a few years, and worked as a butcher in the U. S. for quite some time, so let me shed a bit of light:

Donair (doner or Donar), Gyros, and Schwarma are all pretty much the same thing. The Doner Kebab (probably the closest original ethnic food to the American invention, the Gyro) is originally from Turkey. The gyro is an American invention which is basically a cheap version of a traditional Greek Kebab (the main difference is that the Greek one would use large pieces of boned lamb, pressed together using its own fat as a binder, and marinated, whereas Gyro uses ground meat.) The Schwarma is a version from the Middle East that is much larger, uses a similar meat to the Greek kebab, but less meat and more vegetables in the kebab itself.

A traditional gyro should be made with at least 50% ground lamb, and the rest beef. The best ground to use is one with a high fat content (this is so that during the remixing it binds and keeps it shape well!). The main flavouring ingredients should always be: garlic, onion, marjoram, rosemary, salt and black pepper. Marjoram and Rosemary are similar to oregano and thyme in flavour (respectively), and are common ingredients in Greek cooking. True Greek food rarely uses oregano. The mass-produced Gyros use oregano, not to mention garlic and onion powder, but we used fresh minced garlic and onions. Here is the recipe we used where I used to work (compliments of Feller's Meat in Clearfield, Utah!)

Enjoy!

-Wayne
I cooked mine on a rotissery on my gas grill. It was exactly like the restaurants for a fraction of the cost.

Enjoy.

"Always buy the biggest bottle."

ASM|macroline guy|BPP|DAB Photo|Inception|Powered by EXALT
calvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 10:08 PM #102
DarkEnigma
In Silence We Are Free

DarkEnigma donated to help Peyton Trent
DarkEnigma supports our troops
DarkEnigma is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Homemade Mac'n Cheese
Egg's
Omelets
****ing killer egg sandwich's
Burgers
Chicken
Italian Chicken
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Double Baked Potatoes

To lazy to type out ingredients and steps.
Chemical Corps
Houston Heat - Dizon #4
DarkEnigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 06:59 PM #103
Liquid_pjear
Playing naked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvman View Post
My recent favorite thing I made is gyro meat. I was motivated to make my own gyro because of all the Greek restaurants around town here want to charge an exorbitant amount for perhaps one or two measly slices of meat.

This is the recipe I used from cooks.com

I cooked mine on a rotissery on my gas grill. It was exactly like the restaurants for a fraction of the cost.

Enjoy.
I am going to buy a rotissery for just this recipe
Old 05-18-2008, 07:04 PM #104
Liquid_pjear
Playing naked!

Name of dish: Pulled pork

Prep time: Aprox 15 minutes

Cooking time: 14-20 hours

Ingredients: Pork butt roast, chilli and lime rub, sweet onion, salt/pepper, butter, a bottle of bar-b-q sauce, and some buns.

List of cooking utensils needed: A good size pan, a carving fork or sturdy spatula, a slow cooker.

Instructions:

Ok this recipe takes time to cook, you can do it in one day but I prefer to do it over two. First thing you need to do is get a good pork roast, my butcher sells them for in the neighborhood of $1/pound so its a cheap meal. The night before you cook it rub it down with some chilli and lime rub. The first morning you need to brown the edges of the roast. Put some butter and minced sweet onions in a pan on high heat and just brown the edges of the roast. Then simply put the roast in your slow cooker and cover it with a bottle of bar-b-q sauce, I use a borbon and black pepper sauce from willams sonoma. Then you set it to cook all day 7-10 hours (you really cant overcook it). That night put the whole thing in the fridge (my slow cooker has an interior that lifts out and goes in the fridge). The next day remove it from the fridge and while its still cold scrape all the fat off, while its cold all the fat will be solid and easy to scrape off with a spoon. Then put the roast back in the sauce and set it to cook all day again. At the end of the day the roast will be very very tender and will be ready to be pulled. All you have to do is remove the roast and litterally pull it apart by hand, then just put it on some buns with a little more sauce I use Sweet Baby Ray's because i like to mix the kick or the sauce its cooked in with a sweet sauce.

Here is the virgin roast and the chilli lime rub:

Here is the fat that came off of the roast after the first day:

Here it is after the second day, as you can see it is falling apart already just sitting there:

Here we have the pork shredded and topped with some Sweet Baby Ray's, the rolls are actually made by my butcher's wife. She loves to bake so she always has rolls and buns and such she just gives away at the shop. She makes some amazing onion rolls from scratch but she didnt have any left when i went by.

Serve with some baked beans and enjoy:

Old 05-18-2008, 07:07 PM #105
Liquid_pjear
Playing naked!

...and here is some other food stuff from the week:

On friday I went on a little shopping adventure at my favorite food store and got some new spices and olive oil (cant get the stuff I have been using any more). I finally decided it was time to organize my spices, so I bought a rack for the door of my pantry.

That night I made some juicy steaks, i love my butcher this is about $20 in meet and these steaks were over an inch thick before cooking.

Last weekend before everyone got sick (not my foods fault) I made some shrimp kabobs. I made some with vegetables for the women which were taken and stripped before I could get pics. The mens kabobs consisted of baby portabello mushrooms that were marinated in olive oil and minced garlic, I marinated the shrimp in a mixture of wing sauce and beer, and then wrapped then shrimp in bacon and voila:

Because I love them so much here is a pic of my daily smoothie (2 bananas, 10ish strawberries, 6-8 blueberries, about a tspn of organic honey, and 2 coups of ice)