Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-20-2010, 10:08 PM #1
Alex07

Should I upgrade bolt on my Fusion?

What do you think, should I change the bolt on my fusion?
Alex07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-20-2010, 10:13 PM #2
CA_Tectonics

What do you think of the stock one? Why would YOU want to change it? I'm not saying don't do it because I did for my F8. Couldn't be happier.

It comes down to what you want out of your marker and is the change worth the $$.
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 10:19 PM #3
Alex07

Well it is said that it will improve the cycle rate, air efficiency and accuracy. I just want to know everyone's feedback to see if it's worth it.
Old 11-20-2010, 10:51 PM #4
CA_Tectonics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07 View Post
Well it is said that it will improve the cycle rate, air efficiency and accuracy. I just want to know everyone's feedback to see if it's worth it.
Hmmmm, I see. Well, probably won't change cycle rate, can indirectly improve efficiency, and probably won't improve accuracy.

You're paint to barrel bore fit is going to have far more impact on accuracy than a different bolt. Now, you will get better efficiency depending on the aftermarket bolt. The increase in efficiency comes from an increase in FPS (a good paint to bore fit will also do this). The increase in FPS will let you decrease your input operating pressure, giving better efficiency. Now the Fusion gets pretty good efficiency stock. I got a pretty big jump in FPS putting a Violent Series bolt in my F8 and am now running around 180 to 190 PSI at about 180 - 185 FPS. I couldn't be happier with the upgrade. Unfortunately, the VS bolt isn't being made anymore, but I have heard that the Boss bolt is also a good bolt.

Sorry for the questioning, just want to make sure you don't upgrade just to upgrade. Sometimes you can end up dumping a bunch of $$ into a marker and not get much gain in performance (ie. the L7 bolt for the G3).
7th Element board, TechT bolt engine, magnet trigger kit, REV-I PMD, Sly Dual Carbon barrel kit, Prophecy V2, Crossfire SS 68/4500
Black and Silver Dangerous Power F8
APE Rampage board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, F8 gauge, REDZ barrel kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
Polished Aluminum and Red Dangerous Power F8
Virtue board, VS bolt, magnet trigger kit, Halo B w/ Exalt feedgate, PMI 68/4500
CA_Tectonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:34 PM #5
Alex07

I'm not 1 of those that upgrade things just to upgrade for no reason. I just want to upgrade parts to get more out of my marker
Old 11-20-2010, 11:39 PM #6
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

firefoxx04 supports Bob Gurnsey
firefoxx04 supports DLX Technology
i would only upgrade if you find that you NEED to.

my fusion does just fine with the lurker ram and poppet to not need a bolt upgrade. But i have not shot a fusion with the boss bolt so i dont know how big of a diff it is.
firefoxx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:13 AM #7
Alex07

Lurker doesn't sell the poppet anymore correct? It doesn't show a price for the Mini 'Control Freak' Poppet
Old 11-21-2010, 12:16 AM #8
Alex07

Sorry I just found the correct poppet, this is what happens when you jump the gun
Old 11-21-2010, 12:42 AM #9
Blitchy

Annual Supporting Member
Blitchy helped look for balloons
Blitchy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Blitchy supports Team VICIOUS
Blitchy supports Team VICIOUS
Blitchy is for the Gunfight
Blitchy is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA_Tectonics View Post
Hmmmm, I see. Well, probably won't change cycle rate, can indirectly improve efficiency, and probably won't improve accuracy.

You're paint to barrel bore fit is going to have far more impact on accuracy than a different bolt. Now, you will get better efficiency depending on the aftermarket bolt. The increase in efficiency comes from an increase in FPS (a good paint to bore fit will also do this). The increase in FPS will let you decrease your input operating pressure, giving better efficiency. Now the Fusion gets pretty good efficiency stock. I got a pretty big jump in FPS putting a Violent Series bolt in my F8 and am now running around 180 to 190 PSI at about 280 - 285 FPS. I couldn't be happier with the upgrade. Unfortunately, the VS bolt isn't being made anymore, but I have heard that the Boss bolt is also a good bolt.

Sorry for the questioning, just want to make sure you don't upgrade just to upgrade. Sometimes you can end up dumping a bunch of $$ into a marker and not get much gain in performance (ie. the L7 bolt for the G3).
FIXED!!
and i am a person who upgrades just to upgrades =p, no i upgrade the same as you to get more out of my guns otherwise it wouldn't be upgrading
Blitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 02:22 AM #10
J. Thompson #5150
Now with 20% more AWESOME

J. Thompson #5150 donated to help Peyton Trent
J. Thompson #5150 supports Team VICIOUS
Remember that a lot of upgrade parts are marketed very, shall we say, creatively. You might see a small velocity increase due to higher flow, but in general you will see little, if any, gain in efficiency; you'll never notice the faster cycling speed even if it is in fact faster, and the shot may be smoother but probably not enough to make the cost of the bolt worth it. With that in mind, if the bolt is combined with a lighter ram, the proper spring, etc., then the collective gains may be worth it. You just have to sort through the bull**** to determine for yourself if it's worth it.
J. Thompson #5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:10 AM #11
thedjap1 (Banned)
Im Faster& Stronger

thedjap1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Really no point. It's a $100 marker and it already has great efficiency stock. Save the money for perhaps a spool like the g4. Have the best of both worlds . I picked up a brand new blue g4 a 48/3000 crossfire and a case for $200. Craig slist baby!
thedjap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:25 AM #12
rottensquad07
Peter Griffin = HERO

has been a member for 10 years
I tried a couple different bolts back when I had my original Fusions and none of them really did all that much for the marker. Personally I think the stock bolts in the Fusions and FX's is plenty good and there is no real need to buy another. That being said I never did get a chance to try the Boss bolt but one of the other very knowledgable people on this forum swears by them.

-violet/silver DP G3SE-

-purple/black LE Fusion-
rottensquad07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 12:18 PM #13
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

did you try the violent bolt?

the boss and violent are the only ones i have heard that work

the acp crap is literally crap and made my f7 shoot worse.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:51 PM #14
rottensquad07
Peter Griffin = HERO

The ACP bolt was on the same level as the stock bolt. Did not do any worse really but no better. Even though it was only $18 at the time, still $18 I could have spent on something else.

Kinda off topic but I find it a little funny about bolts.....what I mean is like for a couple of years venturi face bolts are considered bad....then a swing comes along and suddenly they are good again. The TechT Hush bolt is an example. I remember a few years ago everyone was getting rid of their stock Fusion bolts because of the venturi face. Now people are wanting to get rid of their open face bolts to go back to a venturi face. Ah nothing like trends in paintball LOL

-violet/silver DP G3SE-

-purple/black LE Fusion-
rottensquad07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 08:35 PM #15
l1ryan1l
<3<3<3<3<3<3 SLOTHS!!!!!

l1ryan1l is an NCPA player
l1ryan1l plays in the APPA D4 division
l1ryan1l is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
l1ryan1l supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by rottensquad07 View Post
The ACP bolt was on the same level as the stock bolt. Did not do any worse really but no better. Even though it was only $18 at the time, still $18 I could have spent on something else.

Kinda off topic but I find it a little funny about bolts.....what I mean is like for a couple of years venturi face bolts are considered bad....then a swing comes along and suddenly they are good again. The TechT Hush bolt is an example. I remember a few years ago everyone was getting rid of their stock Fusion bolts because of the venturi face. Now people are wanting to get rid of their open face bolts to go back to a venturi face. Ah nothing like trends in paintball LOL
lol ive always found venturi faced bolts to be better, its nbd to me lol
l1ryan1l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 03:38 AM #16
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
I wouldn't. Not to toot my own horn (toot, toot), but the ram/poppet combo murders the value per cost of the bolt upgrades. Doing a soft face/no rollback mod to the stock bolt would be more than enough.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:03 PM #17
thedjap1 (Banned)
Im Faster&amp;amp;amp; Stronger

thedjap1 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker27
I wouldn't. Not to toot my own horn (toot, toot), but the ram/poppet combo murders the value per cost of the bolt upgrades. Doing a soft face/no rollback mod to the stock bolt would be more than enough.
Thanks lurker for the poppit/ram combo you shipped out today (great service).how would one go about doing a soft face/no rollback mod to the stock bolt??
thedjap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:46 PM #18
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

i would think that the boss bolt would be able to take the place of compressing your springs if you run the lurker ram
Old 11-22-2010, 05:24 PM #19
Lurker27
Engineering the Future

Annual Supporting Member
Lurker27 is a Supporting Member
Lurker27 posts videos on PbNation
Lurker27 has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Possibly true. The valve spring at least really should be compressed though. I'm not saying the aftermarket bolts aren't good, to be clear, they are certainly upgrades over stock, but I think its better to do them later.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:28 PM #20
firefoxx04
Up the Irons

"Has feelings too"

lol

do you think its normal that i had to lower my HPR on my f7 because it was so high that the lpr had to be lowered so far that it wouldn't cycle?

my pressure was at like 240psi (lurker ram and compressed springs) so i put it at like 210-220 and it let me bring the lpr up a bit to get a good shot.

if the boss bolt really does give you an extra 15fps. i would have to lower my pressure again on the lpr and probably have the same problem as before. and have to lower my hpr to 200 or less in order to keep the lpr up.

then if i underbore like crazy ill be able to bring the pressure down AGAIN.. and bla bla bla

anyways, sound right?