Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-05-2012, 04:30 PM #1
ChefTron

Empire axe accuracy and tunin problems!!

Got a brand new Empire Axe that shot awesome the first 2 times out but last sunday was shooting all over the place. chrono was 265 and bouncing aorund alot, got it up to 278 then it started dropping to the 250-260 range as I increased velocity. havent chopped any balls but it shoots as if the barrel was full of paint, very jerky and random. Now im hoping its just a bad case of paint because its so random and ive checked all o rings nothing looks out of line. help!!
ChefTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-05-2012, 04:59 PM #2
stratmastertj

I could have been the paint/ bore size you were using. If your using the stock barrel, which is a .691 bore i think, most paint is going to roll right through allowing air to escape around the ball. This means less air propelling the ball, so you have to turn up your pressure to compensate. You can actually lose up 20fps when you overbore a lot. So you could have your pressure at 200psi, and your only getting 260 fps. For higher velocity its best to under bore just a little. The back cap, you can only turn out so far before the velocity starts to drop. Inaccuracy I would also say was caused by the paint. It is 95 percent of the time. Only other explanation would be a barrel break, or a dirty barrel.

As for the gun, make sure your poppit oring stays clean and greased. Also putting a couple drops of paintball gun oil into the asa can help. I really wish they made the relay reg/asa easier to service. Mine's been recently having some slight creeping issues. Was fine the first couple days I used it.

Last edited by stratmastertj : 03-05-2012 at 05:02 PM.
stratmastertj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:13 PM #3
MaxFactor
...stay sharp...

MaxFactor is playing at Living Legends VI
While some folks have said the Axe doesn't have a break in period, others have said the main spring and regulator spring do need a few cases to settle in.

That being said, I bought mine used partly for this reason (and for cost, of course) so I never experienced any reg creep issues or erratic velocities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratmastertj View Post
I really wish they made the relay reg/asa easier to service. Mine's been recently having some slight creeping issues. Was fine the first couple days I used it.
I've disassembled my reg a few times and the hardest part was just getting a hold of a 3mm hex driver and Dremeling a notch in a flathead screw driver (which was actually kind of fun).
MaxFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 03:00 AM #4
P4R4D1GM
::This Space For Rent::

Annual Supporting Member
P4R4D1GM is a Moderator
P4R4D1GM owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
P4R4D1GM supports Empire
The only specialized tool you really need for the reg removal is the 3mm nut driver. You can use a pair of needle nose pliers to remove part you created the custom tool for.

Did you take apart the grip frame recently? Besides what stratmastertj has suggested you might want to make sure your check valve is in place. If that's missing you could get velocity fluctuations.
P4R4D1GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:08 PM #5
98Pro
Asylum 502

98Pro plays in the PSP
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
98Pro owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
98Pro plays in the APPA D3 division
Battery
Full lubing
Follow instructions in my Sig
Come back and tell results
???
Profit
"Alright you guys are my ginger crew, you gotta act hard af" - Todd Martinez
Play SEPS!
98Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:39 PM #6
Teahouser
that one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4R4D1GM View Post
You can use a pair of needle nose pliers to remove part you created the custom tool for.
This.
I used needle nose pliers to take off that first brass piece as well, then I saw mike from the other site's video, and he was going off about how you can buy a huge long flat head screwdriver and grind the end until you have these two ends to take it off. I was like wtf, is this guy retarded?
Teahouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:55 PM #7
BDN

Prolly didn't have needle-nose pliers in his tool-kit.
Just a Dremel, a spare screwdriver and too much imagination

Although the video & suggestions here have helped
BDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 02:12 PM #8
98Pro
Asylum 502

98Pro plays in the PSP
Nahh he just didn't think of it. I know for a fact he has one cause in the came video I think he used a pair of needle nose pliers lmao.

I think my nutdriver came in today and I'll have my reg done today.
Play SEPS!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:42 PM #9
P4R4D1GM

Annual Supporting Member
P4R4D1GM is a Moderator
P4R4D1GM supports Empire
Yeah when I saw the custom screwdriver monstrosity I was like WTF? Simon uses circlip pliers in his video. Those have the rounded ends which work very nice but a regular set will do.

I had a hell of a time finding a 3mm nut driver. Finally found it at a local hardware store in a little precision kit after visiting 5 other stores. I was too impatient to order a good one because I just HAD to take it apart that day. My life depended on it. No, I'm not a meth head in case you were wondering.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:49 PM #10
98Pro
Asylum 502

98Pro plays in the PSP
That's what a meth head would say .

Yeah for me ordering anything and getting it shipped UPS ground means it's usually next day if it's an 10 hour or less drive cause I live in louisville where there is the large UPS hub so anything UPS gets to me QUICK.
Play SEPS!
Old 03-07-2012, 03:08 PM #11
P4R4D1GM

Annual Supporting Member
P4R4D1GM is a Moderator
P4R4D1GM supports Empire
They say the first step is admitting you have a problem.....

I probably should have held off and got a nice 3mm nut driver. The little kind I bought are the crappy jeweler style so you can't get any torque. Then again I didn't see the point in purchasing a nice $10 nut driver. Instead I got a whole set of crappy one purpose tools for $10. That's using my noodle.