Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-12-2008, 05:48 PM #1
RockingTheIon77 (Banned)

My thread?

My thread, titled "is it okay to say the "n-word"?" was closed for the second time. I'd simply like to know why. There's nothing in the rules that prohibits a thread like that.
RockingTheIon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-12-2008, 05:56 PM #2
Auctionjunkie!
PbN's G-Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
Auctionjunkie! is a Mega Moderator
Auctionjunkie! is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Auctionjunkie! is BST Legit
Auctionjunkie! is a Paintball photographer
Auctionjunkie! is playing at Living Legends VII
I have not seen the thread you are asking about but from the info you just gave I would say no, it's not allowed. Basically you are bypassing the filter by saying it that way.
Dan
Auctionjunkie! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:41 PM #3
Warparty
Oh noes! A snipe-

Annual Supporting Member
Warparty is a Moderator
Warparty is a Supporting Member
Warparty is playing at Living Legends VI
Warparty supports Sherwood Forest
Warparty supports our troops
I canned one thread just this evening, not sure if it was yours. Even ignoring the word filter by pass issue, all these thread do is degenerate into flame fests that result in our haveing to issue multiple infractions and ban more members. So we try and stomp on these potential brush fires while they are small.
Old 05-12-2008, 08:01 PM #4
RockingTheIon77 (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warparty View Post
I canned one thread just this evening, not sure if it was yours. Even ignoring the word filter by pass issue, all these thread do is degenerate into flame fests that result in our haveing to issue multiple infractions and ban more members. So we try and stomp on these potential brush fires while they are small.
First off, I'm not bypassing the word filter. I don't know how you would get to that conclusion.

Second off, there is still nothing in the rules against these kinds of threads. A while back, there was an "Ask a Muslim" thread, which remained open for quite a while, despite it being a flame fest of a culture that many people are too narrow to understand.

I was simply asking whether or not people though it was acceptable to use "that" word today. If I'm breaking a rule by doing that, please tell me.
RockingTheIon77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:09 PM #5
Big P
ZERO TOLERANCE

Big P is a Moderator
Big P is a Supporting Member
Big P donated to help Peyton Trent
Big P supports Bob Gurnsey
Big P supports our troops
The thread you use as an example was closed as soon as it was reported, so no that is not really a good example

You have been given an answer by one of the senior staff to your question, not sure what else your looking for, but as a small talk mod I will tell you they will be closed again quickly if made again due to the fact that those type of threads often start a snowball effect of stupid posts and pictures.

The thread being closed had nothing to do with you, but the subject matter.

If it works, take it apart and find out why.

I do not take PMs in regards to duties as a Mod. Please post all questions about this subject to the TTMA section.
Big P is offline   Reply With Quote