Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-23-2010, 09:02 AM #967
tchs_drummer06
1+1+1=2

If you're considering prepaid, I'd go with PagePlus (bring your own device) or Straight Talk (their phones only). Both run off the VZW network and have $30 plans with around 1000/1000 min/text and then 45 for unlimited.
tchs_drummer06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-15-2010, 08:40 AM #968
jsdewey
W00t.

Anybody have any recommendations on a phone on the AT&T network that is below $100 (after renewing a contract) with either a slide-out QWERTY keyboard or a touchscreen that works well?
Old 10-15-2010, 01:11 PM #969
download00502
Really a 1776er

Don't renew your contract. Add a data plan to your current phone then get an unlocked g1 (I know this is the cell phone thread, sorry) for $50-$110 and switch the sims. ATT doesn't have the imei number range for t-mobile phones so you are eligible to use the $10-15 unlimited medianet data plan, no 3g though.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:40 PM #970
jsdewey
W00t.

Quote:
Originally Posted by download00502 View Post
Don't renew your contract. Add a data plan to your current phone then get an unlocked g1 (I know this is the cell phone thread, sorry) for $50-$110 and switch the sims. ATT doesn't have the imei number range for t-mobile phones so you are eligible to use the $10-15 unlimited medianet data plan, no 3g though.
I'm still on my father's family plan, so there's no data plans for me. Thanks though!
Old 10-17-2010, 09:57 AM #971
download00502
Really a 1776er

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsdewey View Post
I'm still on my father's family plan, so there's no data plans for me. Thanks though!
I know I'm probably pushing this a little too far but based on experience it's worth it.

My brother is in the same situation. He has an unlocked htc mytouch that runs on wifi without a data plan. All you have to do is call att before you put the sim card in the new phone and tell them you want a data block on your number.

This does have one drawback. MMS will be disabled so you won't be able to send picture messages. To keep mms you could just disable data on the phone and not call ATT. This is a little risky because if you accidentally enable data, the charges will be exorbitant but I would just play it safe and put a data block on the account.

I think it's worth it to get the android experience because of all the apps and extra functionality. It's great to have a carrier agnostic device like an unlocked android phone because you aren't limited to any one service carrier or app source. These phones are really yours to do with what you want without fear of financial penalty, which is why I love them.

Just my 2 cents

Last edited by download00502 : 10-17-2010 at 10:04 AM.
download00502 is offline   Reply With Quote