Old 09-21-2009, 05:07 PM #43
NoX13
WARNING: I Do Dumb ****!

NoX13 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musket_0 View Post
Take an old travel alarm clock. Visit a junk yard for an old car horn, and an air conditioner relay from the under hood fuse block of a dodge dakota (where I got mine). 2 6volt batteries and some wire.

Take the cover off the alarm clock without destroying. (good luck). Take the wires from the buzzer, my have to extend the wires, and hook them to the active or trip side of the relay. The other 2 prongs of the relay get 12 or 14 Ga. wire hooked to them. One leading to the Negative (ground) side of the car horn. The other to the Negative side of battery #1. Positive of #1 Bat. to Negative of #2 Bat., Positive of #2 Bat. (hooked in series becomes a non-acid 12 volt) to Positive on car horn. Set the clock time, then set alarm time. 9 volt clock works best.

Should work great for a timed mission.
Install into a LARGE box or a small brief case for any size nuke or bomb simulation. I like to use a bit of velcro to mount the clock as it tends to be the first thing ripped out when found. Gonna make one in a day or two, will post pics when finished.

If you use extra wires and relays, the wrong wire cut can set off the bomb.
if you know your diodes and relays, you can make this real complicated.
on the relays there are 5 prongs on the bottom, all have different numbers two towards the middle # (i think) 87.. the others im not sure the #s but not the same..

do you know which ones get wired which way, I attempted this set up but no matter the configuration I used the wires got started to heat up (probably becuase i was to lazy to actually use 12g wire and used what I had layign around at the time.. will rewire with 12g when I redo to avoid this problem)

Im making a case bomb for an up coming scenario game and its just about done.. reading through here I thought this would be another neat little thing to add to it..

once it is finished I'll post up pics and hope the ATF, FBI and any other governing agencys dont come knocking on my door..(hopefully the fact I uses a neighbors wifi network keeps em at bay for a little while) sure its all fake but who knows how bored they get ...lol.

My drinking team has a paintball problem.

**** you, **** you, Youre Cool, **** YOU!,
NoX13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-22-2009, 05:46 PM #44
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Never mind, I looked around online and found the actions of each prong, for those who are thinking about trying this the prong numbers and functions are as follows..

#30 Common Feed. (goes to battery +)
#85 coil ground.(goes to clocks buzzer wire)
#86 coil Battery.(goes to clocks buzzer wire)
# 87 Normally open.(goes to horn/then other horn prong/wire goes to battery -)
#87A Normally Closed.(would just keep horn on constant..i think..lol)

I couldnt find an old alarm clock with the buzzer function since everyone is now using the beep function SOoooo , what Im going to try (and in theory should work) is I am taking an alarm clock that has the little bells on top with the striker in between them. removing the motor that runs the striker and running those wires to the relay in place of the wires from the "buzzer" running to it..

I should know by tomorrow after noon if it works or not.. once done I'll post some pics of the set up.

Last edited by NoX13 : 09-22-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:26 PM #45
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Ok. so the alarm clock idea didnt work so well.. probably becuase I didnt notice before hand that a 9.V clock was to be used.. the clock I used was 1.5 V (c battery) was used.. it doesnt have send enough current to trigger the relay.. But anyway. the prop isnt close to being finished with the things I wanna do it it but here it is so far.

I used a tech case (silver fake aluminum looking case) from home depot ,spray painted it black ,removed the front panel and replaced it with a thick high grade sheet of plexi glass cut to size

the case as it is now ..open

Closed..

Old 09-28-2009, 03:02 AM #46
Greyknight Jazzious

Greyknight Jazzious is attending Decay of Nations VI
Greyknight Jazzious is attending Decay of Nations VII
Smile interesting

Try finding a local electrical supply store (not Radio Hut) they tend to have little wiring project. Should find your buzzer there.
Even find cool little light projects to "spice-up" your boomer prop
Greyknight Jazzious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:09 PM #47
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyknight Jazzious View Post
Try finding a local electrical supply store (not Radio Hut) they tend to have little wiring project. Should find your buzzer there.
Even find cool little light projects to "spice-up" your boomer prop
Its not the buzzer so much that I need. Ive been trying to find the type of tavel alarm clock that was mentioned earlier that runs off of a 9 volt so it can trip the relay.

that radio hut place has lower voltage relays that would would or should trip with a clock that runs on a c battery but when I just threw it together earlier it didnt do anything.it could be due to the fact I just threw it together instead of trying to solder it all in place first,wanted to see if it worked before doing all the small stuff and find i had to take it apart and try something else.

I have another idea im gonna try a bit later that should work ,i just got home from work so ive been running around doing things I wasnt able to get done this past weekend.. its all coming together ,i just want it to be done so I can get it up to work to show my bosses..lol

Old 10-02-2009, 12:06 PM #48
Awesomeness

Not homemade, but some guys I know use these pullstring smoke grenades. They like 'em because they don't have to light a fuse, just pull the string and the thing smokes for about 90 sec. And they look realalistic.

Awesomeness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:25 PM #49
NoX13

NoX13 is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomeness View Post
Not homemade, but some guys I know use these pullstring smoke grenades. They like 'em because they don't have to light a fuse, just pull the string and the thing smokes for about 90 sec. And they look realalistic.
Well and good but this is a "how to" thread

Old 01-21-2010, 06:35 AM #50
PB_Girl

awesome pictures dude.. nice role play..
PB_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:18 PM #51
dorsai

dorsai posts videos on PbNation
Oklahoma D-Day V-2 Rocket

During the week leading up to the actual D-Day
event they stage a series of daily mini-scenarios.
This almost lifesized V-2 rocket on launcher was
one of the props they employed to make things
a bit more interesting last year. As large as it is,
I expect they'll find some way to use it again.

Sincerely,
Office: 407.563.3884
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:57 AM #52
jrock0910
Old School Twists

jrock0910 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
jrock0910 supports Bob Gurnsey
jrock0910 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Just Finished Some Stuff For The Saint Valentines Game
Pretty Happy With How it Turned out
Will post Some Pics Let me Know What you Think

I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members

:To Quote Former President Thomas Jefferson: "If any state in the Union will declare that it prefers separation...to a continuance in union... I have no hesitation in saying, 'let us separate
jrock0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 12:58 AM #53
Graybass_20x6
Captain

Thought I'd write up a quick how-to on these flags and basic dynamite for those on a budget. Just made these today. They're not pretty (we wanted a basic, crafted look, and they were done within 45 min - 1 hr.), but you could easily make them look pristine with more time and labor.

Materials:

(1) Hacksaw, cutting device, anything to cut PVC with.

(2) 1/2 inch PVC pipe, 10' - about $5.50
(1) Vinyl tablecloth, Red - about $1.50
(1) Vinyl tablecloth, Blue - about $1.50
(1) Roll of duct tape (Black, preferably) - about $2.50
(3) Cans of spray paint, (1) Black, (1) White, (1) Red - about $4.50
(2) Wire hangars - If you don't have 'em around the house - about $1.00?

Total cost is about $10 to $15 bucks, depending on what items you have to purchase and what you have laying around your house already.

Step 1 - Take a hacksaw and cut the 10' PVC pipe down to about 8'. Save the ends you cut off. Cut those ends (should be two ends at 2' a piece) in half, so you end up with 4 1' long PVC pieces. Save them.

Step 2 - Take both the vinyl tablecloths and fold them to your preference (we decided on the banner-style of flag, but it's really up to you). Use some duct tape to tape the corners and edges to keep them folded and sturdy.

Step 3 - Size up the folded flags to the PVC poles. The part of the flag that will be taped to the pole should be the part of the flag that has most of the edges (to prevent fraying). Rest the pole on the part of the flag you're going to tape. To roll the flag around the pole, leave about 5 inches of flag material on the rolling end, and roll the end around the pole until it meets the other side of the flag. Tape this to secure the flag around the pole.

Step 4 - Apply some tape to the top and bottom of where the flag is secured to the pole to ensure the flag doesn't slide down the pole.

Step 5 - Take your wire hangar and deconstruct it to make it as straight as you can.

Step 6 - Bend the wire hangar in half, and wrap the bent end around the top of the pole. There should now be 2 long pieces to secure to the top of the flag. Tape these ends to the top of the flag, all the way to the bent end at the pole. This will ensure your flags are always unfurled and visible.

Step 7 - Now it's time to paint the flags with your choice of design. As you can see in our picture, we went with A (Alpha) and Ω (Omega). The white was used for the basic design. The black was used for shadowing, to add visual depth to the letters, and to make a border. Of course, this is completely up to your tastes and is definitely optional if you'd like to cut costs.

Step 8 - Here's where you can make your dynamite while your paint is drying on the flags. Take your leftover PVC pipes from Step 1. If you need to, even these all out by lining them up and using your hacksaw. Spray paint these red.

Step 9 - Now that your pieces are painted, tape them together. If you want to use a fuse, tape it together alongside these pieces. We used just a piece of wire hangar spray-painted black. Again, this is all up to you.

Step 10 - Enjoy and have fun spicing up your scenarios with something cheap, yet effective.
Spyder Xtra Psycho Special
Spyder TL Relic
PMI Tagmaster
Graybass_20x6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 04:33 PM #54
urza1985
Professional NUB

Thats awsome. Kinda remindes me of warhammer. Would be cool to make one for units within a army.
urza1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:33 PM #55
Iguana Sanchez

Some nice stuff in here.
Iguana Sanchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:32 AM #56
Biggst Beast
EGO FTW!!!

Biggst Beast owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Biggst Beast supports Team VICIOUS
I am looking to make a teleportation device for a up coming game and am kinda stuck. I have an old cell phone (antenna removed so it can not actually call out) for the key pad. But I do not know where to go from there. Any ideas? Also anyone know how to turn a alarm clock into a count down timer.
Biggst Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:34 AM #57
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
Hand held?

You could get a round piece of plexiglass on a round base and throw some lights inside. This will allow a player to stand on the teleportation device
cryptic.paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 10:43 AM #58
Propmaster tim
PROPS THAT ROCK!

Drop me an email ....maybe i can help. Propmaster tim. fieldgadgets@yahoo.com
Propmaster tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 11:00 AM #59
Biggst Beast
EGO FTW!!!

Biggst Beast owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Biggst Beast supports Team VICIOUS
Sent email.

Also I was thinking hand held kinda like brief case size. I have tons of old computer stuff and old cell phones and what not just need some of your guy's know how.
Biggst Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:07 PM #60
jrock0910
Old School Twists

jrock0910 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
jrock0910 supports Bob Gurnsey
jrock0910 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i have found that a digital cooking timer
looks Great as a count down Timer
I Get Them off Amazon all the Time
for 8-9 dollars

I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members

:To Quote Former President Thomas Jefferson: "If any state in the Union will declare that it prefers separation...to a continuance in union... I have no hesitation in saying, 'let us separate

Last edited by jrock0910 : 04-13-2010 at 02:15 PM.
jrock0910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 08:00 PM #61
Pomo

Awesome!
Old 07-14-2010, 11:01 AM #62
slimstretch

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francio View Post
Looking for the same.

Anyone with knowledge on electronics?

I would get a briefcase or something of the sort, you can buy some separate speakers that are battery powered and have an aux cable. You could use a newer cell phone, i would def have a lock on the briefcase and maybe just drill some hole so the speakers and get out of the case, i know for android there is a couple apps you could use for something like that, any questions on the apps let me know...

that's just one idea, another you might need something bigger than a briefcase or running wires to the briefcase from a car battery, or maybe a smaller batter, run a power cord to the battery, the cord would need your standard plug electrical plug-in, then get one of those timers that people use for fish tanks that you can set when it will open the current, that current will then goto your speakers that will be playing a siren that you have on loop on a cheapo mp3 player.

Then again this doesn't cover the fact that im sure you want a visual timer, but let me think on that part for a min. These are just some ideas.
slimstretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:09 PM #63
WhoisBrent

That rocket for the DDay scenario was awesome.