Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-12-2017, 12:03 AM #1
Tedpearlsalot

Marker accuracy

I just purchased a axe pro and it's seen the field twice but I've noticed that the accuracy is not up to par paint has done full curves like I'm in Wanted or something. I shoot tournament level paint and I haven't had any brakes is there something I'm missing or should I upgrade my barrel
Tedpearlsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2017, 12:49 AM #2
Fubarius
Wow, it is blue.

Annual Supporting Member
Fubarius is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
Fubarius supports our troops
Two quick questions.

1, What speed did you chrono at? Too fast and balls start to behave very strangely. You need to be below 300 fps for safety, but often best accuracy is found a bit below that. Try around 280 fps.

2, and kind of an obvious question but it has to be asked, do you stop and clean out your barrel with a squeegee after EVERY barrel break and chop? Any broken paint in the barrel and balls will corkscrew everywhere until it's cleaned. Broken paint in the hopper will coat every ball and cause them to do the same.

Nunquam emere quid potes facere
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:25 AM #3
Kable
Sheepdog

Kable has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Kable supports Ninja Paintball
Bore check your paint. I was using Valken Pro for a while and getting bad accuracy and was just unhappy. Went to Graffiti and bam.. shot ropes. Come to find out my barrel was better suited for the Graffiti and have never gone back. Plus it is cheaper on the pocket book.
Old 02-12-2017, 07:28 AM #4
martix_agent
Mandated fun

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent supports Ninja Paintball
Good quality paint is the number one answer. It will change your world.
martix_agent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 09:19 AM #5
Tedpearlsalot

My field has a max chrono of 280 and I do squeegee after every break. I will check the bore size I have been shooting Empire Evil I have been meaning to look into freak inserts so I'll try it out. Thank you all ??
Tedpearlsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:32 PM #6
Rockyboarder
17 Years and still going

There is a lot that can be hindering your accuracy buddy.

1. Paint to bore match. You're shooting tournament level paint out of a tournament level gun. The Axe's barrels are notorious for their large bore and if you don't have a match that's good, air will go around the ball and cause light curves and drops etc. etc.
2. The paint. Believe it or not, not all tournament paint is good. In fact, I've been practicing with tournament level paint a few couple weekends now and I would much rather have not. I was getting curves, breaks, drops, etc. etc. Batches of paint can be amazing from one skid to terrible, the next.
3. The gun. You have an Axe. It does what it should do but, they can get mean to the paint. How fast your bolt accelerates matching the brittleness / softness of the paint can actually deform it a tiny bit and any little alteration in the shells structure can make them curve.

I recommend you go 1 or 2 steps paint below what you're using. I continue to say that the best paint I have ever used was Procaps / Origin paint and it was considered a practice paint but, with the right setup and barrel match, you couldn't give me an inch or two out of your bunker because I would hit you. It's amazing stuff.

Good luck!

"It's amazing, this ****, And it's wasted on the ****tiest generation of piece of **** *******s that ever ****ing lived. I swear to God. We are. We're the worst people so far..." - Louis C.K.
Rockyboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 02:33 PM #7
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs

Tedpearlsalot I'll also add that paintball diameters change a lot in the industry. What used to fit your favorite paintball gun barrel a few months ago or a year ago may change as manufacturers relocate their operations to other parts of the world and use new machines. So it's good to check what fits TODAY and if you get roll-outs it may be time to move on to another type of paintball. I also noticed that when I store paintballs in zip-tied bags for 8 months in a dark, low humid setting they will actually swell .005 of an inch in diameter.
I am speaking anecdotally but this actually worked back in 2012 when the manufacturer of my favorite All Star paintballs had changed from making .686" paintballs to smaller .681" ones.
I was pissed these new .681" paintballs would then roll out of my gun, but after keeping them in storage long term while I was going to school I happily discovered that in that time period they fit my .686" barrel gun again and were super freaking accurate.
Pittsburgh Stinkbugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 05:40 PM #8
Apple 3.14
Did you say bacon?

Apple 3.14 supports Ninja Paintball
Apple 3.14 supports Empire
All the above gave great advice, make sure to follow what they said above. You shouldn't experience poor accuracy anymore.
Empire Axe
Apple 3.14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:16 AM #9
powerej6484

Something else to add, I like the inside of my marker and hopper to be completely clean. Detents, eyes, feedneck, etc.
powerej6484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:43 AM #10
Fromm_45

Bore size is key for shooting ropes
Fromm_45 is offline   Reply With Quote