Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 01-09-2017, 07:06 PM #1
Bruno7735

Pack for big guy

Hey I'm a pretty big guy, can anyone suggest a good pack for a big guy? I need one that wI'll fit. Also what's a good mask for a big head
Bruno7735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-09-2017, 07:36 PM #2
Saintz322

Depends what kind of pack your looking for. I have a gun bag that doubles as a backpack so you could carry whatever way you want. I prefer to carry my guns like a suitcase though.

As for the mask question I did a search on here and found this...http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3760749...It's old but alot of people saying a flex would do the trick.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:04 PM #3
Bruno7735

I'm looking for some kind of speed ball pack like a 3&2 or 4&3
Bruno7735 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:24 PM #4
Mondoatx

Bruno,

I am a big dude also... and I was wondering about this...

I played back in the 90s and right when I got out Redz packs were the bomb! So naturally... I sought one out when I came back...

I found them here:
http://www.discountpaintball.com/Red...lt_p_8822.html

Problem is it is just large enough... when it gets cold if I have to wear a heavy jacket it is a no go... I can wear it with 3 shirts... but a heavy jacket is too much and it comes off when running.

Oh, and I assume that because my body is big so is my head? I use an eflex and it seems to work well... plenty of coverage.

Let me know if you have questions.

Interested in other posts to hear other's suggestions... I know one day I will have to replace my current pack.

Last edited by Mondoatx : 01-09-2017 at 08:28 PM.
Mondoatx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 10:13 PM #5
masiman

Annual Supporting Member
masiman is playing at Living Legends IX
masiman owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
masiman supports Ninja Paintball
Both Valken and NXE make pack extenders. I do not know how effective they are but worth a shot. I wonder if one of the smaller companies would be willing to make a longer belt if you asked....maybe a small upcharge or something.

You could try Critical (criticalpaintball) or Bnkr Kings (bunkerkings). I've spoken with both on the phone in the past and CS seemed good. You might get lucky and have a custom fitted, kick butt pack.

Carbon Paintball is another possibility but I think a longer shot. They seem to be going for the custom lightweight market but more in terms of colors and printing. You never know though.
masiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:34 PM #6
Apple 3.14
Did you say bacon?

Apple 3.14 supports Ninja Paintball
Apple 3.14 supports Empire
Like mentioned above, the E-Flex should work. I have a large head and still want good coverage on my jawline, wasn't sure what to get so I just went to local store and tried on all their masks. Went home that night and ordered it and love it till this day.

Not sure what to suggest for packs - but I'm a 38 waist and I use a Proto Pack that I got from B/S/T. 4/3 and still has plenty of waist room.
Empire Axe
Apple 3.14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 03:06 PM #7
4leaf4life
WHAMMY

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
4leaf4life is a Professional paintball player
4leaf4life works for a Paintball manufacturer
 plays in the NXL
4leaf4life owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
4leaf4life posts videos on PbNation
Your best bet is to go to a local paintball store and try on what they have. Use whatever is the most comfortable to you.
4leaf4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 04:26 PM #8
srd11
Ooooh... Shiny!

srd11 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
srd11 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
srd11 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
srd11 supports Empire
^^ This. For just about any piece of gear, really. Support your local shop when you can Buying used is a great way to save money, but don't forget about the ol' brick and mortar shop. We'll miss them when they're gone...

EKEK 5
G.I. Sports Level Loader
Empire 68/4500 Carbon Fiber
srd11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 01:49 PM #9
BRINGTHEp8nt
BIGGIE

has been a member for 10 years
Im a big guy and i have an empire pack that fits well. I just bought a critical pod pack and i can close pkack but not happy on how little velcro grabs on too. Also i got a pbrack pack and it fitts better than critical but no as good as empire. Hope this helps.
BRINGTHEp8nt is offline   Reply With Quote