Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-14-2014, 06:26 PM #1
deadturtl3

Would it be worth it to buy a scuba tank?

so that i can refill my HPA tank?
deadturtl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2014, 06:46 PM #2
hungryfatcats
Why not?

hungryfatcats owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
hungryfatcats has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
hungryfatcats has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
hungryfatcats supports Empire
Well you can always just go to your local field and fill your tanks before you head out for the day. Scuba tanks are a good investment but not really worth it in my opinion for the average joe.
Old 09-14-2014, 09:15 PM #3
aarospoon13
Isaiah 41:10

Annual Supporting Member
aarospoon13 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadturtl3 View Post
so that i can refill my HPA tank?
If you play primarily on a private field then maybe, but if you're going to fields to play I don't see why you need it. There's usually air there and many fields offer it as part of the admission (granted some hike their paint prices when that's the case). Little cumbersome to lug around with you too though...

LOADOUT: Titan White Etek 4 LT * Ninja 50/4500 * Machine Gear * Black/White Exalt accessories
aarospoon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 09:42 PM #4
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
If you go to an organized field, most of them won't let you use a scuba tank because a) they want you to use their air and b) liability of someone possibly using a tank that is currently out of certification.

If you just go and play with friends in the woods and such, they are handy to have so you can always get some extra air. Just be aware that most scuba tanks that paintballers by are aluminum 80 cubic ft tanks, which are only pressurized to 3000 psi, so they can only fill your tank that much. You also would need the fill adapter to fill your pb tank. Lastly, like paintball tanks, scuba tanks need to be visually inspected and hydro tested. The hydro test last 5 years. The visual lasts only one year and is certified by a sticker with the month and year of the visual. You will need to have both of these current to get the scuba tank filled at a store. Most paintball stores do not fill scuba tanks, so you will most likely need to find either a scuba shop or a sporting goods store that has a scuba department to fill it. Some scuba shops, however, will only fill tanks for certified divers, not for paintball.

One last note, if you look around for used scuba tanks, be sure that any aluminum tanks you are thinking about getting have a made date with a year of 1989 or newer.

Pm me if you have any specific questions on regards to the specifics of scuba tanks.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote