PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-28-2015, 01:58 AM #1
Chief72
AKA Akillez

Exclamation Should I keep my step-son in game? Welts, CPS

We played a scenario not too long ago and I saw him a week later riddled with welts; he also has an iron defincency so that means he bruises like a grape and the bruises last awhile longer. I know it comes with the sport and I've been playing for years.

My issue is for someone calling CPS or something.

He's 9 and he absolutely loves paintball. His grades are improving too because we had a deal. He has a vest and we plan on getting him more protective gear BUT I know more welts will come.

What should I do?
Melee MECH Warrior (Armored Assault)

Call sign
AKILLEZ
Chief72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-28-2015, 01:59 AM #2
Chief72
AKA Akillez

I even was trying to tell him to find more cover since he's getting lit up but he's a natural front player.

Call sign
AKILLEZ
Old 02-28-2015, 06:18 AM #3
martix_agent
I'm out of creativity

Annual Supporting Member
martix_agent is playing at Living Legends VIII
martix_agent is Boss
If you're worried about somebody calling CPS, keep receipts from all the times that he played. CPs are reasonable people and they understand that bumps and bruises happen naturally. Just because somebody calls them on you doesn't mean that horrible things will happen.

To be even more safe, get a doctors note that states he can safely play paintball.
martix_agent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:37 AM #4
thpike
Battle Buddy

Annual Supporting Member
thpike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
thpike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
thpike has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
thpike has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
thpike has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
thpike is Legendary
thpike supports Empire
What matrix said. I work with CPS all the time. Their job is to make sure the child is in a safe environment and that they feel safe.
Great Lakes Region
Looking for a great player oriented store in Michigan? www.contactpb.com
thpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:58 AM #5
NYOC~DEVIL
NYOC PAINTBALL MILITA

Annual Supporting Member
NYOC~DEVIL owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NYOC~DEVIL supports Team VICIOUS
NYOC~DEVIL is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
NYOC~DEVIL is Legendary
NYOC~DEVIL supports Empire
You can def pick up more padding ie forearm pads (if you don't have them already).

2013 Planet Eclipse GEO 3 - Poison IV
2013 Empire Axe LE - PDD
2014 Dye Rotor - Bomber Lime
2012 Dye Rotor - Black
Dye i4 - Black
Ninja 68/4500
Ninja Pro 50/4500

Member of the World Ballers
Member of The Axe Men
NYOC~DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 07:32 AM #6
MATTSDAD

MATTSDAD owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Any fields have .50 cal around you?
Old 02-28-2015, 07:41 AM #7
Chief72
AKA Akillez

Thanks guys. WILCO

Call sign
AKILLEZ
Old 02-28-2015, 08:35 AM #8
ACColorado44

Annual Supporting Member
ACColorado44 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ACColorado44 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ACColorado44 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
My son started at 10 and loves it too, despite the ever present bruises. Padding and baggy clothes help a lot, but I'm sure you know that. I make my son wear a padded shirt, neck pad and elbow pads. They make a world of difference in the number and severity of bruises.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:49 AM #9
The Inflicted
.detcilfnI ehT

Quote:
Originally Posted by martix_agent View Post
If you're worried about somebody calling CPS, keep receipts from all the times that he played. CPs are reasonable people and they understand that bumps and bruises happen naturally. Just because somebody calls them on you doesn't mean that horrible things will happen.

To be even more safe, get a doctors note that states he can safely play paintball.
Photos aren't a bad idea either.
The Inflicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 10:17 AM #10
joe512s
~~we kill suckas~~

joe512s is playing at Living Legends VII
joe512s is playing at Living Legends VIII
joe512s owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
joe512s has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
If you're really worried about him bruising, I'd suggest ordering yourself an Ironman or Batman suit off eBay complete with suit and mask. That way he doesn't get hurt and plus he'll look like a total bad azz!
joe512s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 11:00 AM #11
aarospoon13
Isaiah 41:10

Annual Supporting Member
aarospoon13 is BST Legit
aarospoon13 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
aarospoon13 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief72 View Post
We played a scenario not too long ago and I saw him a week later riddled with welts; he also has an iron defincency so that means he bruises like a grape and the bruises last awhile longer. I know it comes with the sport and I've been playing for years. My issue is for someone calling CPS or something. He's 9 and he absolutely loves paintball. His grades are improving too because we had a deal. He has a vest and we plan on getting him more protective gear BUT I know more welts will come. What should I do?
on a positive note with this, if he is enjoying paintball AND is working with you academically then this is a win/win. May even be a great idea to get other parents and kids to come play too so its not like no one on the planet knows you play then all of a sudden on Monday morning - welts. CPS agents are people too and I'm sure they see kids who play football or rugby or wrestling with bruises and injuries as well. Their job, I think, is to reason between that stuff. Good on you for getting him out there AND for helping get his grades up!! Better than sitting inside for 6 hours playing video games.
Old 02-28-2015, 12:46 PM #12
ReynoldsZ33
Bazinga

ReynoldsZ33 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ReynoldsZ33 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ReynoldsZ33 supports Empire
Honestly, CPS has absolutely nothing on you. Even if someone called and said you were beating your child, paintball bruises, and abuse bruises are 2 different things. Plus, They usually conduct an interview with the child, and then the parents to find any differences in story. Plus the proof of his condition will be more than enough to prove that the bruises are harmless. CPS isn't just an agency that comes and takes your kids for no reason. Hell, I've seen them leave kids with parents that are doing heroin on the daily because the child feels 100% safe, and the parents DO take care of him.....not like its right by any means. Id say you'll be fine. If it becomes an issue at school, I'm sure he'll be exctied to tell everyone he plays paintball with the coolest dad in the world. Although schools are retarded, and you'll probably recieve a phone call. A written doctors statement saying hes safe to play, and conformation of the condition would be handy in that situation.

As far as protection for him. Sweatshirts are always a good idea. Yeah, its hot to wear, but will provide a good padded layer for him. along with the vest and other padding. Welts are going to happen.... its almost inevitable. I would say, as long as hes happy, and he isn't in constant pain with the bruises....and the doctor says that the bruises aren't making him at risk for something more serious, Id say go for it, and let him play. If it makes him happy, and keeps his grades up, your winning on both ends. If his doctor advises you that it might worsen his condition, or possible make him in constant pain, or something of that sort....You might have to cut your losses. No sport, no matter how awesome, is worth your childs health....and possibly life.
ReynoldsZ33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 12:57 PM #13
zcason

If he loves the game then don't take him out of it. If he feels like he can deal with the bruises let him as a parent all you can do is support what he likes to do and do what you can to make sure he does it safely (ex. pads slide shorts). It might be worth mentioning that *** well as pads they do make full helmet masks to keep the back and top of his head clean as well.
zcason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 01:11 PM #14
thpike
Battle Buddy

Annual Supporting Member
thpike is Legendary
thpike supports Empire
I'm sure there are members on pbnation that would be more than willing to help you get some smaller gear. I'm a bigger guy so I can't help but I know people love helping here.
Great Lakes Region
Old 03-01-2015, 09:22 PM #15
ldsnow

next time you go paintballing make a small video of him enjoying himself. over and done with.

i've always wondered why we put so much resources into crap like CPS and zero resources into keeping people who are likely to abuse kids from having them in the first place... quantity over quality, the motto of speedballers and american breeding, both!
ldsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 05:09 AM #16
thpike
Battle Buddy

Annual Supporting Member
thpike is Legendary
thpike supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldsnow View Post
next time you go paintballing make a small video of him enjoying himself. over and done with. i've always wondered why we put so much resources into crap like CPS and zero resources into keeping people who are likely to abuse kids from having them in the first place... quantity over quality, the motto of speedballers and american breeding, both!
You have no idea how cps works. But good suggestion with the video.
Great Lakes Region