Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-17-2014, 05:56 PM #1
InquisitorHayt

InquisitorHayt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Using summer paint in the winter for fun?

Hey guys,

I have a bunch of paint left over from the summer. I was thinking about bringing it over a friends house to shoot in his yard for fun. I live in New England and the average temp is 30-40 degrees these days. Will that summer paint break in my barrel all the time or will it be fine to mess around with? Edit: I have a Project Salvo gravity fed, semi-auto.

Thanks,

Hayt

Last edited by InquisitorHayt : 12-17-2014 at 06:06 PM. Reason: More info
InquisitorHayt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-17-2014, 06:26 PM #2
Steven_Bro

Steven_Bro owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by InquisitorHayt View Post
Hey guys,

I have a bunch of paint left over from the summer. I was thinking about bringing it over a friends house to shoot in his yard for fun. I live in New England and the average temp is 30-40 degrees these days. Will that summer paint break in my barrel all the time or will it be fine to mess around with? Edit: I have a Project Salvo gravity fed, semi-auto.

Thanks,

Hayt
It will be fine as long as it has been stored in a dry room temperature environment.

As far as it breaking, once you have it outside for an hour, it will be as brittle as tournament paint, and I don't think scenario guns handle tourney paint very well. But who cares as long as you have a squeegee around.
Steven_Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2014, 09:43 PM #3
eforce
Factory PB

Annual Supporting Member
eforce is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
eforce plays in the PSP
eforce is an NCPA player
You can reduce ball breakage by turning your velocity down (less pressure on the ball each shot) and allowing more time between shots. I would strongly recommend keeping the paint indoors until right before you use it to keep it warm. The colder it gets, the prone to breaking it becomes. If you'll be too far from a house to store the paint, warm it up and put it in a sealed cooler with warm towels. This will slow the cooling of the paint as it sits outdoors.
Old 12-17-2014, 11:49 PM #4
C0lin
Pev's Paintball

C0lin has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Yeah I have some paint I got in august I haven't yet used. It seems fine though I just shake it all around every few days so it don't settle or deform.