PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-03-2008, 09:09 AM #22
bnctaj

has been a member for 10 years
Where I used to play, DMW's occur under the following premises:
- Can't signify in any way that the player is hit.
- Must not be traveling with dead players
- Must not use it against newbies (against regulars only, or verified wipers)
- Must not be heading off the field/toward staging

Where I play now, it really depends on the ref.
Dans le port d'Amsterdam il y a des marins qui meurent pleins de bière et de drames aux premières lueurs. Mais dans le port d'Amsterdam il y a des marins qui naissent dans la chaleur épaisse des langueurs océanes
bnctaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2008, 09:39 AM #23
6bps

Here's a video of hk doing it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSCDA...eature=related
"ok look this is what you do you are gonna need to get a cool helmet with flames and you get some one to ride on the back and go rob some banks jumping town to town as the dirt bike marauders"-Swick42
6bps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:27 AM #24
mattnpaintball
Family

i have the worst dead man walk story in history!!!!!!!!!!!!

listen well...

ok we thought game was over guy doing dead man walk 7 feet from me

my teammates behinding me going to hang flag 3 feet from me

dead man walk ghuy starts shooting me about 20 times

my teammate reacts and starts shooting me in the back to shoot him..

i callopse fall to the ground

they got no pentialites and we just got 100 points
mattnpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 12:52 AM #25
lamorte
mod a la mode

Annual Supporting Member
lamorte is a Supporting Member
lamorte donated to help Peyton Trent
lamorte supports our troops
look on the brighter side; you could have gotten shot to hell, your friend as well and had no points to show.

✩☾ habitually nocturnal ☾✩
lamorte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:17 AM #26
mattnpaintball
Family

i did get shot to hell

and back
mattnpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 04:30 AM #27
Stupified
WotWor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamShellShock View Post
Ive never liked dead mans walks, every tournament Ive reffed that allowed it always had an issue with overshooting. It creates an unnecessary strain for players and refs IMO.
QFT

Not to mention it's poor sportsmanship.

DBD

"Originally posted by 0102030405: Most people were younger in the past, Im pretty sure."
Stupified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:21 PM #28
bnctaj

Yes, because taking advantage of people who don't have their head in the game is poor sportsmanship.
Dans le port d'Amsterdam il y a des marins qui meurent pleins de bière et de drames aux premières lueurs. Mais dans le port d'Amsterdam il y a des marins qui naissent dans la chaleur épaisse des langueurs océanes
bnctaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 01:59 PM #29
TeamShellShock
Collect All 16!

TeamShellShock is a Supporting Member
TeamShellShock supports our troops
TeamShellShock is a Forum Captain
but they also take advantage of the people who are kind enough to not shoot someone who might be out.
TeamShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2008, 03:02 PM #30
Stupified
WotWor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnctaj View Post
Yes, because taking advantage of people who don't have their head in the game is poor sportsmanship.
Do you even know what good sportsmanship is? The fact that you are abusing the respect that the other team has towards eliminated players is bad enough. But it's also a sign of bad character, and poor attitude towards winning.

DBD

"Originally posted by 0102030405: Most people were younger in the past, Im pretty sure."
Stupified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 08:42 PM #31
bob long man (Banned)

Yeah agree
bob long man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:11 AM #32
cmosser502
Murkin' and Glitchin'

I wouldn't allow it in speed ball but I would in woodsball. I've hear about it all the time, a player has a pistol stashed under his shirt, he walks into an enemy bunker and pretends to be observing, then whips out his gat and says buenos noches
cmosser502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 05:52 PM #33
nshxockter

someone pulled a dead mans walk on me one time
it was a damn good one too
he got all the way down to our side and then went behind our corner can and raped us
nshxockter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:43 PM #34
speedballfreak6

I think it is annoing whene some one tries to do it over and over agen (yes some did trie it more tan once in on day) but every now and agen it can be funny but only in recball in a tournment it would susside to trie
Old 11-28-2009, 12:15 AM #35
Chooie
WCP

Chooie is for the Gunfight
Chooie supports our troops
Chooie supports Pev's Paintball
Chooie has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Sorry for the thread necromancy, but I just had to add this video to this thread:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8jKAa4fOnM
Chooie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:12 PM #36
BMcC13
Vatican Assasin

BMcC13 helped look for balloons
BMcC13 is playing at Living Legends III
BMcC13 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
BMcC13 supports Team VICIOUS
In my opinion, dead man walk should be illegal in airball, but legal under certain circumstances in woodsball.

When you're playing speedball and you see someone walking, you really have no way of knowing whether or not a player is out unless you shoot them for insurance. Dead man walking is a big way of defying somebody's trust and disrespecting them. They trust you not to pull something tricky when you're walking out, and DMW is like giving them a giant middle finger. Plus, the person dead man walked will no longer be trustworthy of anybody on the field, and they will end up giving everybody walking to the deadbox a few extra rounds.

In woodsball however, you can make a good strategy out of it. Everybody in woodsball is usually required to do the whole "gun up, barrel cover on" thing when they're out, so there is a definite way of knowing whether or not somebody is out. I will admit I've tried dead man walking in the woods, and I usually get 1 or 2 people before somebody catches on and I get lit to hell and back . Dead man walking and other "tatics" put an interesting spin on slow woodsball games.

I once heard the story of a "lethal camera man". A guy walked around with a camera taking pictures of everybody, so people just assumed he was media. He had a colored armband, no orange or yellow clothing, and was following all the rules of the game. Eventually he made it to the other team's base, took a picture of the general, then tagged him and said "You're out." I've also heard about a guy just walking around wearing a necklace with a barrel tied to it, and he would walk up to people and tag them with his barrel necklace, creating a successful barrel tag. Like I said, dead man walk just makes woodsball more fun.

Last edited by BMcC13 : 11-29-2009 at 07:16 PM.
BMcC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:25 PM #37
Paintball hitman

Thumbs up

I have encountered this situations multiple times on the same field with different groups . I was on the bridge near the bell and both times it ended with the guy getting 15 feet from the bell before the team started asking me if he was hit I told them that there was no barrel plug and the player was not exiting the field. One ended with a nut shot and one very regretful 17 year old kid. And the other ended in full sprint for the bell glory . I was shot several times standing at the top of the bridge he dident make it to the top he face planted 3/4s of the way up the bridge covered in paintballs.
Paintball hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:21 PM #38
bgr3118
SOV

bgr3118 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bgr3118 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I see no problem with it as long as it is done within the rules i.e. no calling "I'm Out" or putting barrel sleeve on or gun up in the air. Ive even done it a few time. Yell out a curse or two hang my head and walk off with my head down till i get about ten feet behind their line. and i get lit to hell every dam time( cant shoot too fast with a pump) everybody argues about it the laughs when they realize i got one over on them. i gets new people thinking. when im reffing someone doing this can go one of two ways 1. it really pisses people off and then i put an end to it. 2. It gets those people who have a real habit of not puting their hands up or barrel sleeves on to do it so they dont get bonused balled lol

Sponsored By:VALKEN PAINTBALL, ANSGEAR.COM, ZEPHYER PAINTBALL, HITMAN GEAR
bgr3118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 07:55 PM #39
BabelFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamShellShock View Post
but they also take advantage of the people who are kind enough to not shoot someone who might be out.
Or those who don't know any better.

It's especially bad when doing walkon play with newer players. Where I ref dead man walking is allowed, but during the safety briefings I make sure to tell everyone three additional things:

1. Dead man walking is allowed
2. Keep your gun over your head when you're hit, if you do not you will be shot at.
3. If you see someone walking up the field with no barrel bag on, or their gun below their head, shoot them.

Personally I'd love to ban dead man walking, since I'm one of those "nice guys" who won't shoot you if I suspect you're out. But this at least minimizes the "WTF, he was out then he shot me!!!" that newer players can experience.
BabelFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:39 PM #40
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOGPRO View Post
LOL i kick Todd Adamson everytime i see talk about deadmans walk LOL.Basically if its allowed i dont work those events and if a idiot is dumb enogh to just step out while i have a machine gunn in my hand all i gotta say is " IF YOUR GONNA BE DUMB YOU BETTER BE TOUGH !!!"
You should explain what you mean Boog. A lot of people don't know the story about how Todd won Rage the ESPN first championship.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 01:24 AM #41
.MiDWeST.

.MiDWeST. is playing at Living Legends III
.MiDWeST. supports Team VICIOUS
.MiDWeST. is for the Gunfight
.MiDWeST. supports Sherwood Forest
Yeah it is god, i do it all the time.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:38 PM #42
jack bryant

jack bryant is playing at Living Legends III
jack bryant owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
There's nothing illegal about it. the other team should get their heads straight if they see somebody on the other team walking TOWARD them.