Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-09-2008, 05:42 PM #1
mxer394
Christ shoots a Fusion
 
mxer394's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Notice any discrepancies?

I was wondering why Dye had to have Proto as a subforum, when DLX is pretty much what Dye did with Proto, but DLX has it's own forum? Why wouldn't the DLX forum be a Smart Parts subforum? I think this is odd, and honestly, unfair. They should either give Proto it's own forum, or move DLX to a Smart Parts subforum.
__________________
Two DXS 68/45s, in hydro:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3048705
mxer394 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-09-2008, 05:49 PM #2
NYGuardians capt.
 
 
NYGuardians capt.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: LONG ISLAND NY
NYGuardians capt. is a Supporting Member
NYGuardians capt. owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
because proto's and dye's trixes have almost identical bolts for one. and secondly SP has too many subforums already
__________________
NYGuardians capt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:12 AM #3
ptballa1
species :D
 
ptballa1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGuardians capt. View Post
because proto's and dye's trixes have almost identical bolts for one. and secondly SP has too many subforums already
yeah and how many are very similar to the ion
__________________
PBN's HOTTEST mech BLACKMAGIC mini COCKER
trading for an electro
ptballa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:14 AM #4
thingmomo
Hi im Dan
 
thingmomo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NY
thingmomo owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
thingmomo supports Team VICIOUS
thingmomo supports Team VICIOUS
and the fat cats have a little more mola to deal with they dont want to be associated with SP weve been over this
thingmomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:00 PM #5
Ydna
timetraveler
 
Ydna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Tecumseh MI
Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ydna is BST Trusted
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptballa1 View Post
yeah and how many are very similar to the ion
That's very true, actually. The reason there are multiple forums for (among other things) the EOS and Epiphany is because that's what SP wanted, and considering they're a sponsor for the site, what they want rules.
I don't agree with that, myself. But it's not up to me; rather it's up to the pbn brass and the company itself (in this case marketing issue).

Decisions like the subforums and whatnot are decided by the moderators, the company, and the pbnation staff. Although it's also notable to remember DLX is a completely separate company from Smart Parts. At this point all SP does is machine the product.
__________________
ydna@zdspb.com - [ZDSPB.com]
Nummech Products
Thin Air Sports

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Ydna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2008, 12:01 AM #6
asdffdsaasdf
Smasher of Keyboards
 
asdffdsaasdf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: St. Louis - IL Side
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGuardians capt. View Post
because proto's and dye's trixes have almost identical bolts for one. and secondly SP has too many subforums already
seems to me that the luxe's spool system is pretty similar to the evolve bolt for the shocker that came out years ago

valid point on the subforums though
__________________

Infinity Legend Parts Swap
asdffdsaasdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:50 AM #7
MstrKey
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: SSM, Ontario, Canada
MstrKey is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Meh....in the end who cares? LOL.
__________________

Black/Purple Spire F/s. Freshly updated from Virtue.
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 01:37 PM #8
kbsmog
Frank The TANK
 
kbsmog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: NJ
kbsmog owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
b/c SP pays for it. there you go
__________________
DUAL CARBON BARREL KIT FOR SALE AC THREADS

Soon Egos going to hit -1lbs or something and you're going to have to tie the gun down or it will float away. Imagine going skydiving and having an ego smack you in the face.
- You know you're addicted to paintball when your boss asks for your bank info to transfer your pay to you, and you give them your field address
- ".......then I busted to the spike and shot like 85 guys...did a run through...wiped five hits...bonus balled six kids in the dead box...and punched a little kid in the face......."
- If a Sl8r is a Slater than is a sl-74 a Sleventy Four?
kbsmog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:20 PM #9
washington (Banned)
come as you are
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Arlington WA
how is it unfair
washington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:57 PM #10
the_pb_pirate
Dustin
 
the_pb_pirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: adairsville, georgia
the_pb_pirate is an NCPA player
i say at least give a separate slg forum for the dye guys because those are defiantly not the same as trixes.

as far as advertising goes i lost count of how many times i see a pmr banner above threads or a banner with nicky cuba decked out in dye gear on the forum index.
the_pb_pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 05:00 PM #11
shishdisma
Captain Analogy
 
shishdisma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Camarillo
shishdisma helped look for balloons
shishdisma is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_pb_pirate View Post
i say at least give a separate slg forum for the dye guys because those are defiantly not the same as trixes.

as far as advertising goes i lost count of how many times i see a pmr banner above threads or a banner with nicky cuba decked out in dye gear on the forum index.
amount of ads =/= money paid to a company
__________________
Originally Posted by Sean@smartpartswest
I guess you are one of those people that think that the exit veolcity of a paintball gun will give you the same range no matter what type of gun it is?

Originally Posted by GreasyPigeon-
Damn son even a mod is ripping on you. Your life does suck


2/8/08-Prom Text message, I was there
shishdisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 06:26 PM #12
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data
 
cockerpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nowhere near Sparta
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ydna View Post
Although it's also notable to remember DLX is a completely separate company from Smart Parts. At this point all SP does is machine the product.
except that all the guys who work for smart parts work for DLX ...

i was told by hans (sp?) that my criticisms of the shocker were specifically taken into account when designing the luxe.

dye (and youngblood himself) hates PBN btw, and more power to them. PBN is a ****ter of the paintball work for good reason. notice most dye teams dont have forums here? notice unlike smart parts, palmers, DLX, and a bunch of other companies dye reps do not post on PBN for the most part? dye hates PBN, and IMO thats great for them.
cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 07:31 PM #13
trumpdabeast
better kids through drugs
 
trumpdabeast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: MDOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ydna View Post
That's very true, actually. The reason there are multiple forums for (among other things) the EOS and Epiphany is because that's what SP wanted, and considering they're a sponsor for the site, what they want rules.
I don't agree with that, myself. But it's not up to me; rather it's up to the pbn brass and the company itself (in this case marketing issue).
I think that's what the OP was getting at (and probably what a bunch of other people wondered). for actually saying it instead of beating around the bush like I some would do.
trumpdabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 11:05 PM #14
Mr. Short Pants
I show off my shoes.
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Constantly moving.
Annual Supporting Member
Mr. Short Pants plays in the PSP
Mr. Short Pants supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
i was told by hans (sp?) that my criticisms of the shocker were specifically taken into account when designing the luxe.
Could you possibly send your criticisms to me in a PM?

If you do it in the thread we all know this will get off topic.
Mr. Short Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 01:40 PM #15
DLX Audrey
DLX Rep
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
DLX Audrey works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
except that all the guys who work for smart parts work for DLX ...

i was told by hans (sp?) that my criticisms of the shocker were specifically taken into account when designing the luxe.

dye (and youngblood himself) hates PBN btw, and more power to them. PBN is a ****ter of the paintball work for good reason. notice most dye teams dont have forums here? notice unlike smart parts, palmers, DLX, and a bunch of other companies dye reps do not post on PBN for the most part? dye hates PBN, and IMO thats great for them.
The only Smart Parts employees that work for DLX Technology are those in the manufacturing department. DLX Technology orders a select number of parts to be manufactured by the state-of-the-art manufacting facilities of Smart Parts (made in the USA) and once those parts are finished machining, they are sent to Darryl at DLX Technology. The parts are then polished, sent to anodizing, assembled by certified LUXE technicians, sent to quality control, shot tested, packaged, wrapped and shipped by our shipping department, and all this is done by employees of DLX Technology. Our crew at DLX Technology runs the show here, with the exception of using the Smart Parts manufacturing plant. Not just because their factory is in the United States, but if you had the oppurtunity to see just how many machines (I believe 75 CNC machines) they have, you would wish your marker could be precision engineered and created by one of those machines!

I just wanted to clarify your statement that those who work for DLX do not also work for Smart Parts and vice versa.

Cheers
-Audrey
__________________
DLX REPRESENTATIVE
audrey@luxepaintball.com

DLX Audrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:09 PM #16
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data
 
cockerpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nowhere near Sparta
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLX Audrey View Post
I just wanted to clarify your statement that those who work for DLX do not also work for Smart Parts and vice versa.

Cheers
-Audrey
that conflicts with what sean at smart parts and hans (sp?) told me.

but thanks.
cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:32 PM #17
AirSin2000
Tengoungato?
 
AirSin2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: San Diego, South Cali
 has been a member for 10 years
AirSin2000 supports Team VICIOUS
AirSin2000 posts videos on PbNation
AirSin2000 supports Empire
Considering in your press release it says each Luxe is hand-built and not "rolled off of an assembly line". When you use CNC machines to produce each part of the marker, it does "ROLL OFF" of an assembly line. There is a difference between being "hand-built" and "hand assembled"

I just wanted to point that out. I never realized SP had that many CNC machines. Interesting.
AirSin2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:49 PM #18
Ydna
timetraveler
 
Ydna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Tecumseh MI
Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ydna is BST Trusted
Even a hand-produced part would benefit from the precision and consistency of a CNC-controlled production method. It'd be laughable to say a part produced 100% manually would have any benefit at all, in fact there'd be plenty of reason NOT to buy that (lol). Nobody has suggested this, but I'd like to point it out anyway.

Personally I don't even think it really matters, but it is indeed true there are differences. Tyically each part of a marker is machined in mass amounts, dropped into a bin which is then sent to plating, return and are left in a larger bin of other parts waiting to be assembled. Most lines require that a certain amount be available at once, such as 500, or even mroe if you're talking about something like an Ion. Even in the assembly producess markers are still produced in mass amounts (hundreds are assembled at a time, each step of the way, typically by somebody who doesn't know what they're doing...not that you really have to, but still). Luxes are produced in very small numbers per unit time, machined as required...of course the parts are done in small batches since there's no alternative to that when working on a CNC, but then afterwards they're assembled one at a time.

It's not to say that "typical" markers are of less quality because they're assembled differently, of course not. We can all speak for the differences for what they are, but let's not pretend there aren't any. Not that anybody has specifically said that either, but hey
__________________
ydna@zdspb.com - [ZDSPB.com]
Nummech Products
Thin Air Sports

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Ydna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:00 PM #19
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data
 
cockerpunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Nowhere near Sparta
 has been a member for 10 years
indeed, it would suck if each was made one at a time by a machinist on a manual mill.

a human just cannot compare to a machine in terms of accuracy and consistency.

now, a personal touch on each when assembling them is nice, and can add to the quality of the product (before some 14 year old kid comes around and puts it back together wrong).

however, you want a mass produced product when it comes to machining and such. simply because a human cannot exactly repeat the accuracy of there cuts the way a machine can. the quality of hand machined parts is much lower than CNCed parts.

CNCed parts is the way to go, whenever you plan on making more than one or two.
cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:01 PM #20
shishdisma
Captain Analogy
 
shishdisma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Camarillo
shishdisma helped look for balloons
shishdisma is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
indeed, it would suck if each was made one at a time by a machinist on a manual mill.

a human just cannot compare to a machine in terms of accuracy and consistency.

now, a personal touch on each when assembling them is nice, and can add to the quality of the product (before some 14 year old kid comes around and puts it back together wrong).

however, you want a mass produced product when it comes to machining and such. simply because a human cannot exactly repeat the accuracy of there cuts the way a machine can. the quality of hand machined parts is much lower than CNCed parts.

CNCed parts is the way to go, whenever you plan on making more than one or two.
honestly, if the whole ****ing gun was made by a machine in China, but had a hand fitted/polished bolt kit, Id consider buying one
__________________
Originally Posted by Sean@smartpartswest
I guess you are one of those people that think that the exit veolcity of a paintball gun will give you the same range no matter what type of gun it is?

Originally Posted by GreasyPigeon-
Damn son even a mod is ripping on you. Your life does suck


2/8/08-Prom Text message, I was there
shishdisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:16 PM #21
Vegard
LOST
 
Vegard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Norđwegr
Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Vegard is Boss
My first impression of the Luxe wasn't all that great, but I'm handling one again next weekend so we'll see if it'll sway me over

Quote:
Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
dye (and youngblood himself) hates PBN btw, and more power to them. PBN is a ****ter of the paintball work for good reason. notice most dye teams dont have forums here? notice unlike smart parts, palmers, DLX, and a bunch of other companies dye reps do not post on PBN for the most part? dye hates PBN, and IMO thats great for them.
As true as that may be they're idiots for not reckognizing the marketing\hype platform that PBN offers. SP have allways been fantastic at marketing.
__________________
NORWAY
Feedback-Feedback-Feedback
I'm from Norway and I smell like a Polar Bear
-growing older is mandatory – growing up is optional-
Vegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump