Community Focus

Old 11-25-2008, 12:34 AM #22
VooDoo_Weazel
J Cro the mook

VooDoo_Weazel is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
VooDoo_Weazel plays in the PSP
VooDoo_Weazel plays in the APPA D2 division
a problem i see with newer refs is they're watching the game as if it's for their entertainment. you are there to scan your side of the field, dont get tunnel vision and watch just one guy, do a slow scan back and forth.

it helps to mention to the players before the games start that cheating will not be tolerated and we will all think youre a worthless fool if you decide to do so. possible cheaters may think twice...
TMG OUTLAWS
VooDoo_Weazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-03-2008, 06:33 PM #23
bunkrnoobs
PEACHES

ive seen people get hit in like the stomach going to s1 then when they get in the snake they dont stop so they wipe it on the ground
Old 02-26-2009, 01:31 AM #24
omally jones

omally jones is BST Legit
omally jones is Legendary
Best way to catch someone playing on is to watch for players that make sharp fast movements like jumping/twitching when shot tucking quickly into their bunker. Because most players aren't fast enough to dodge a paintball.

Also I noticed that a lot of player that get shot and try hide the hit while a ref is near them watch the refs or stare at the closest ref to them
omally jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 05:46 PM #25
peterisdaman
Shoot•Kill•Win

Twitching is common to people playing paintball but it doesn't always mean someone is shot out. It can also mean they took a bounce so be aware that if they got shot in the leg and twitched you should still check to see if there was any paint in the area of where the twitched. Also some people who get shot in the hopper try to smear the paint off by reloading and then sliding their hand against the hit as if they were just closing there hopper lid.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:12 PM #26
ivandaiceman1
snake playas r tru g's

so tru^^^^^
Even when you can't see him, God is always with you. If you believe in God and love him put this in your sig.
ivandaiceman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:26 PM #27
fAllout_oMen

fAllout_oMen donated to help Peyton Trent
fAllout_oMen helped look for balloons
fAllout_oMen is an NCPA player
fAllout_oMen plays in the APPA D4 division
I normally don't wipe at all, ever. But i've played hundreds of times and i have played on a few times, and have wiped a few times. I don't in tournaments, but in practice if i get hit of the break in the leg or arms where i slide on i'll play on with that. I don't ever take the time to use my hand and wipe off a hit. Now, i'm probably one of the more honest players out there.

I've seen a lot of cheating and it bothers me how blatant some of it is. My advice, check the "how to cheat" thread here on nation. figure out what their doing and take note, watch for those actions. You can't catch everything, but you can get a lot. It's just hard when you have only one or two refs to a game, they can't see everything that is going on. You just gotta deal with it in practice or rec play, but in tournaments a good amount of refs should be watching.
fAllout_oMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:41 PM #28
paintballdemon93
TMG RATPACK D3

paintballdemon93 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
paintballdemon93 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballdemon93 supports Team VICIOUS
when i reff at our feild if i c and deliberate hand movment, or wipin the hopper gun etc on the bunker i will most likely call them out but not alwas acces the penalty unless i think they deserve it, i think i am a preety leanant reff i try not to be an ***
paintballdemon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:51 AM #29
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty supports Cereal Killerz 2
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
trying to watch every players move to determin if they are cheating will not work, you will miss everything else going on during the game. A ref needs to be game aware so that he can make intelligent calls.
if this is a small event, during the captains meeting state firmly that cheating will not be tollerated. Penalties will be assessed and cheaters will cost their team the game. Be firm, and direct about it. Stand by your call - if you pull a penality for a cheating player and they argue, send them to the deadbox, if they continue to violate rules, pull another penalty. Is this harsh? too bad they are rules...
Old 06-12-2009, 11:10 PM #30
raehl
NCPA President

Annual Supporting Member
raehl is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl supports our troops
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
Shoot a player. If they wipe, they're cheating.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:19 PM #31
nathan091 (Banned)
Hojo og

Pick up a lens where players cant see your eyes.
Have your head "looking" towards one player but accually be watching another.

my .02
nathan091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:23 PM #32
A-rage13
Mid West **** the rest

A-rage13 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
A-rage13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
A-rage13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I have reffed mutiple small tournies and what we usualy do is have the crowd help. Refs cant see everything but someone outside may see what the ref dose not. When im reffing if i have a friend or family member there and they arnt reffing I ask them to spot for me and if they see somthing yell it out. I know some feilds dont like it and its got me in troble at some places. I personaly think that if someone see's something then they need to tell the ref even if they are not playing or another ref

Team Vicious
"We need to take this thing more seriously. how about before every game, we strangle a box of kittens. Vicious, not just a name, its a way of life"

"Originally posted by "chucksplat": i was always a big fan of breaking a paintball and using the fill as lube; its kind of like using your tears to jack off with, its multitasking at its finest"
A-rage13 is offline   Reply With Quote