PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 12-01-2008, 07:29 AM #85
agurish
War Machine

agurish has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Well... I'm not a fan of X-Ball, or NPPL... I'm more of an SPPL (Scenario Paintball Players League) kind of guy. What I would like to see is an indoor paintball "arena" setup in an old warehouse where you could have multiple "rooms", each with a different setup in them. One is setup like an Office Space environment with old cubes & broken office equipment, and you run around it shooting each other like you're in a corporate office. That would be cool! Another room is setup with barrels, and stuff, like you'd see in the old classic "Doom" videogame, or "Quake". Another room is setup to be totally dark (or lit with just blacklights), and you'd use glow in the dark paint, or some kind of paint that shines well in blacklight. And then finally one room would be setup with air-filled bunkers, but that room would cost more to use. I'm not a huge fan of tournament paintball, nor do I "dig" the kind of rough competitiveness that that type of paintball engenders. Gimme a marker that looks "real", and performs "real" (I.E. a single shot per trigger pull), and gimme a setup or scenario that I can enjoy, not just another spectator/arena sport like football, or hockey.

-AGURISH

Team: The Exiled Souls #42
Death Before Dishonor #117
My Feedback

Last edited by agurish : 08-16-2011 at 10:03 AM.
agurish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-23-2008, 04:24 PM #86
biffer
Bears Gone Bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by agurish View Post
PoisonOfDecember - WHERE! I'd sooo do it if you could tell me where to go!

Stince - I used to ski every once in a while, but then I got old.

-AGURISH
lvp, north or south, I was just at south and they have a nice indoor field, and even nicer outdoor fields!!
Old 01-11-2009, 03:57 PM #87
nsmith1145

id be interested in playing sometime.. I was actually looking for some people to join some of my friends when we play again in the spring.. We dont play alot but im looking for more people to call. I know a couple people with some property down around shrewsbury that we usually play at. Im not into speedball at all.. Only woodsball and scenerio. BUt i would possibly be interested if you guys go somewhere to play or even if you would want to play with us on private property..
nsmith1145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:05 PM #88
MuSt@f@55
PBR, Drink It Ya A$$hole

MuSt@f@55 supports Team VICIOUS
MuSt@f@55 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MuSt@f@55 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
how far are you from AAPP?

Baby I'm crazy, a crazy baby a sick infant born with intent to spit slick sentences with sick penmanship

Penn State University
MuSt@f@55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 04:17 PM #89
nsmith1145

i dont know what AAPP is or where it is.. I live right off 83 in york
Old 01-11-2009, 05:23 PM #90
MuSt@f@55
PBR, Drink It Ya A$$hole

MuSt@f@55 supports Team VICIOUS
MuSt@f@55 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
MuSt@f@55 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
lol, All American Paintball Park.....

Baby I'm crazy, a crazy baby a sick infant born with intent to spit slick sentences with sick penmanship

Penn State University
MuSt@f@55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:21 AM #91
style-n-speed
The Man with the GUN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmith1145 View Post
id be interested in playing sometime.. I was actually looking for some people to join some of my friends when we play again in the spring.. We dont play alot but im looking for more people to call. I know a couple people with some property down around shrewsbury that we usually play at. Im not into speedball at all.. Only woodsball and scenerio. BUt i would possibly be interested if you guys go somewhere to play or even if you would want to play with us on private property..
Hey Guys, I am looking for some people to play Jan 31st at Linglestown Paintball. It is a woodsball game and they have several different types of fields to play on. Included below is a link to the Fields website. We will start at 9am so you would need to be there by 8:30am. Any interest, just PM me or post here. I already have 10 to 12 guys. I would like to double that. Thanks for looking. -Brad

Link:

http://www.linglestownpaintball.com/
Old 01-12-2009, 02:49 PM #92
nsmith1145

oh sorry! i probably didnt know what all american paintball was because its no where close to me.. Hours away.. I would think about driving that far for like a big scenerio but not just to play rec ball..
Old 04-07-2009, 11:04 AM #93
agurish
War Machine

Well... It's now official - I'm a ref at Linglestown Paintball, and I'll be up doing my ref-thing on 4/18 and 4/19. I whole-heartedly suggest that anyone interested in trying paintball out for the first time, or those that want to get back into the sport give this field a try. The owner, "Pop", as well as the field manager, "Russ" are both real stand-up people, and the head ref, "Danny" is also a real straight-shooter. They are fair, but also kind (something you won't get at Wanna-Play, if you know what I mean!)

Anyhow, if anyone is interested in going out to play, I'm thinking of this upcoming Saturday (4/12/09) - either post here, or PM me if you'd like more info!

-AGURISH

My Feedback

Last edited by agurish : 08-16-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:49 AM #94
style-n-speed
The Man with the GUN!

Hey Agurish,
Me and my boys will be out there on the 19th of April if you are gonna be out there. I am not sure if we will be out ther in the AM or at Lunch time. It depends on what the majority wants to do. I will get back to you soon about the time. Maybe we will see you out there. I think you might have Ref'd my games out there on the 28th of March.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:56 AM #95
style-n-speed
The Man with the GUN!

Hey Agurish,
Looks like we'll be out there in the morning. I just heard back fromt he guy who was unavailable in the am and he said he wont be able to play, so we will be out ther in the Morning. Hope to see you out there so we can have some good games. -Brad
Old 04-08-2009, 09:01 AM #96
agurish
War Machine

Style-n-speed - Yep, I was there. I was a starting-point ref most of the day, dressed in blue jeans and a black shirt, with a ref-jersey over top. Glad to see you'll be coming out on the 19th.

-AGURISH

My Feedback
Old 04-26-2009, 01:10 PM #97
parparlhu

its all good

Its ritter, i didn't realize but i had an account with pb nation. i will update often here
parparlhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 02:43 PM #98
agurish
War Machine

Got back from Spring Castle at EMR, and wanted to post something about it here.... The defending side won! I had a blast, and the weather couldn't have been better! If you have questions about going, or would like to know more about it, please let me know. I'd be more than happy to share!

-AGURISH

My Feedback

Last edited by agurish : 08-16-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:48 PM #99
weasel15457
For Christ I Stand...

weasel15457 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey, I'm 19 and live in Boiling Springs. I'm a ref at WannaPlay but plan on playing there as well pretty often this summer. Let me know if you ever want to hook up. I play woodsball and speedball.
Old 04-30-2009, 01:51 AM #100
Ruger the E Rider
GIGGITY

just a heads up guys there is a new field about 1 hr from hburg in denver pa called splatter hill.. you should check it out..its pretty fun and they have a big game coming up soon.
Ruger the E Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:52 AM #101
FlapJacks

I live in Hershey and I have played at alot of these fields for most of my life. It used to be that the FoxHole was the only field around here. It was the field that is now used by Linglestown Paintball, just with far less upkeep of the field and a More "Outlaw" feel. But it was still very cool. You just had to watch out for the guys with the Cockers And AutoMags at that point. They had some team there that also would cheat like crazy against the Walk Ins. But Hell that was probably like 15 years ago. Haha

Anyway, they went under and we didnt have Shee-it for a little bit. The FoxHole had issues but it was still a sweet field. Then it was the dark ages of Paintball. When it seemed like nobody gave a **** around here, and All In the World Was Bad.

Then I started hearing about Wanna-play, I think. but never went.

Then One day people started telling me a about a field alongside the highway by my elementary school. I looked into it, and stumbled onto Grip-N-Rip. Grip-N-Rip was a short lived field that was mostly a Quasi-Outlaw type speedball field setup that the local Rampers would practice at. This had the consequence of being able to get amazing paint for near nothing. So I started going there every weekend. I basically would just get destroyed and lit up every day i was there, But I loved it and It got me ready for the modern paintball era in my life. It was probably the most scared i have ever felt out playing paintball. Everyone had PSP ramp or NXL going and I had a mechanical A-5 with A gigantic target for a hopper on one side. Many times i would get the skin blasted off of my arms and what not. I thought it was a awesome field with pretty cool people. I forget the main Guys name but he was Very helpful and gave me a straight up deal everytime I was there.

Then The Local Government, Who I know all by name (*******s), decided that we didn't have the right zoning requirements for the field. They made the Grip-N-Rip guys tear the WHOLE field down in like 3 days. I didn't even have the heart to go help tear it all down. Honestly i wanted to cry because that field really was the best for me, And Everyone one was very cool towards each other down there. Freakin Tragic. If You drive by now all you will see is the posts in the ground for the Netting of the speedball field. ARRRRGGGGHHH.

Then I started going to Wanna-play. And all was ok for awhile, till i got sick of going to dillsburg. So now its mostly Outlaw fields. But I plan on living at the Linglestown field from now on. So I guess we will see.

That was My Paintball Expierence in Pa. I dunno what this has to do with anything. But I wrote it anyway.
FlapJacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 04:46 AM #102
agurish
War Machine

reply to weasel15457

Quote:
Originally Posted by weasel15457 View Post
Hey, I'm 19 and live in Boiling Springs. I'm a ref at WannaPlay but plan on playing there as well pretty often this summer. Let me know if you ever want to hook up. I play woodsball and speedball.
Weasel,

That's ok. There are a lot of folks that live on the West Shore that don't mind the trip down to Dillsburg. Frankly, now that I know I live 3 miles from LiP, I'm going to be going there instead pretty much all the time, and now that I'm a ref there, it's kind of a "conflict of interest" for me to not do so. But-hey...Anyone else that wants to go somewhere that isn't friggin' expensive (like Revolution PB @ Ski Roundtop) should go to Wanna-Play...Just be careful of the kind of paint you take w/ you.

-AGURISH

My Feedback
Old 05-01-2009, 04:56 AM #103
agurish
War Machine

Reply to FlapJacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlapJacks View Post
I live in Hershey and I have played at alot of these fields for most of my life. It used to be that the FoxHole was the only field around here. It was the field that is now used by Linglestown Paintball, just with far less upkeep of the field and a More "Outlaw" feel. But it was still very cool. You just had to watch out for the guys with the Cockers And AutoMags at that point. They had some team there that also would cheat like crazy against the Walk Ins. But Hell that was probably like 15 years ago. Haha

Anyway, they went under and we didnt have Shee-it for a little bit. The FoxHole had issues but it was still a sweet field. Then it was the dark ages of Paintball. When it seemed like nobody gave a **** around here, and All In the World Was Bad.

Then I started hearing about Wanna-play, I think. but never went.

Then One day people started telling me a about a field alongside the highway by my elementary school. I looked into it, and stumbled onto Grip-N-Rip. Grip-N-Rip was a short lived field that was mostly a Quasi-Outlaw type speedball field setup that the local Rampers would practice at. This had the consequence of being able to get amazing paint for near nothing. So I started going there every weekend. I basically would just get destroyed and lit up every day i was there, But I loved it and It got me ready for the modern paintball era in my life. It was probably the most scared i have ever felt out playing paintball. Everyone had PSP ramp or NXL going and I had a mechanical A-5 with A gigantic target for a hopper on one side. Many times i would get the skin blasted off of my arms and what not. I thought it was a awesome field with pretty cool people. I forget the main Guys name but he was Very helpful and gave me a straight up deal everytime I was there.

Then The Local Government, Who I know all by name (*******s), decided that we didn't have the right zoning requirements for the field. They made the Grip-N-Rip guys tear the WHOLE field down in like 3 days. I didn't even have the heart to go help tear it all down. Honestly i wanted to cry because that field really was the best for me, And Everyone one was very cool towards each other down there. Freakin Tragic. If You drive by now all you will see is the posts in the ground for the Netting of the speedball field. ARRRRGGGGHHH.

Then I started going to Wanna-play. And all was ok for awhile, till i got sick of going to dillsburg. So now its mostly Outlaw fields. But I plan on living at the Linglestown field from now on. So I guess we will see.

That was My Paintball Expierence in Pa. I dunno what this has to do with anything. But I wrote it anyway.
FlapJacks,

Thank you for sharing that all with us. I would heartily suggest you give Linglestown a shot. Linglestown may be a little more expensive than WPP, due to the FPO rule, but the paint is always good quality (RPS Stinger, or better), and the staff is much more experienced, and is of a generally higher quality and dedication level. Most of the ref staff at WPP are being paid w/ store credit, or they are still in high-school. Most of the staff at LiP are regular working "joes", and ref because they want to, not because they are doing it to afford that new gun, or something equally juvenile. If you're into woodsball, LiP is the field for you, especially if you don't like 30+ minute drives just to get to the field. Anyhow, I just wanted to share that with you, and hope to see you up there. BTW - LiP is having a scenario game (Russia vs. Georgian Republic) on June 21st. Make sure you get your registration in early, as they are only taking a certain number of players. I know the local team, "Targets Of Unusual Size" is going to be there, and they'll be the captains of one of the sides.

-AGURISH

My Feedback

Last edited by agurish : 08-16-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:53 PM #104
FlapJacks

Hey You dont have to convince me, my friend. I like both, and I have No Problem with either field. The Money involved is a non-issue because In my mind I can justify almost anything for the sport. I feel "Free" on the field and I dont care about the Secondary issues of Paintball, like a 100 dollar case of Paint. I have learned to look past any kind of Negative aspects that Arise sometimes during Games and even the Times between.

So basically, I like every game I play. win or lose. So I am going to go to Whatever field is beside me, I just want to play. There is not a favortism thing going on yet, for me. I'm just happy to be there, Still to this day.

You could defn. say I am still in a Naive stage for Paintball. I have played alot but It is always been spread out because of geographic and economic means.

It is Still fun, to just come out, on the field some days. After a few years of nothing and pull headshots and F ur Knees all up and Have A 100% fun time. Getting blasted(shot) and all. Everything is cool to me. I caught one in the head, about a inch from my temple, last week. And saw stars. But even that game was Fun.

So I just go to play. with no politics or economics involved. At least not on the day Im playing. Haha.

I will be at Linglestown in defn. a short amount of time. I drive by there all the time so I kind of have to. The shop, and the Field. I have been recon.'N both for at least a year. So, U know, I just haven't got there yet. It was always closed when I pulled in(the Shop). So I tried.
FlapJacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:35 PM #105
agurish
War Machine

FlapJacks,

I know how you feel, brother... While I wouldn't say I'm in a "naive stage", I am definitely not a "pro". I would say I'm more of an experienced amateur... I've been to a few scenarios, and big games, and I've been out actually paintballing at least 20 times over the last two years. Like you, I go to have fun, but I'd prefer to be on the "winning" side, as I feel that if I'm not winning, I'm not playing hard enough. That's kind of the reason I got into reffing... I got tired of the rec-ballers and newbies sitting back, and waiting for the die-hards to soften-up the other side before committing to actually getting in the game. At least as a ref I can light fires (figuratively speaking) and get these timid or "back" players into the games more. So far I've found that they seem to enjoy themselves more when there's someone egging them on, rather than hiding in a bunker, and being shot out (or surrendered) last. As for LiP's shop, it's open Wed thru Fri 4PM to 8PM, and Sat 9AM to 5PM. If you need stuff on Sundays (during warm weather) go to the field, and they might be able to help you out. The phone numbers for the shop are 717-541-8323 or 717-580-4918.

Anyhow, here's hoping you have fun when you finally do get to go to LiP!

-AGURISH

My Feedback
ReplyRegional Ups