Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-30-2008, 03:46 PM #43
xscrubzx

all of the masks show a bit of the ear and will allow paint through when hit in the ear. the thing that the Save Phace masks hav though are vent covers that come with the masks. They are just pre-formed peices of plastic that fit into the vent slots. (yes you can do this with the other masks as well you would just have to use tape or something like that if the venting on masks make you scared)

it may just be me but that kind of stuff dont bother me. I mean i understand some people like more protection but personnaly if i dont lose an eye im happy because i mean im playing paintball, a game where small balls of paint are flying at me at high speeds so i exspect a bit a pain here and there.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-30-2008, 05:30 PM #44
t0ph3r89
DPF

t0ph3r89 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by xscrubzx View Post
personnaly if i dont lose an eye im happy because i mean im playing paintball, a game where small balls of paint are flying at me at high speeds so i exspect a bit a pain here and there.
QFT.

although, getting shot in the ear with my Flex's has somewhat deterred me from them (damn soft ears almost made me deaf, but hey, the shot bounced )...
Old 05-30-2008, 08:36 PM #45
Eliangonzalez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txvman View Post
The venting will allow paint and bits of shell to hit the ear. Look closely at the pictures.

I have in my hands my son's Dye Invision, it is NOT make of hard plastic. Its a thick rubber in the front and a thinner flexible rubber on the sides.
Are you serious? If you're worried about tiny bits of shell you should quit. Anyway shells mostly just split in two on contact rather then disintegrate into tiny pieces. besides venting is a good thing even if it's on the ears, if nothing else it will improve hearing with the mask on.
The flexible rubber you speak of on the sides provides ample protection when you throw in the 3/4 inch foam. I had an invision and took a few ear shots with it on. I must say, it wasnt my fovorite mask because of the way it fit, but I never had a protection issue with it.
Old 06-01-2008, 06:28 PM #46
Txvman
AKA Kodiak

has been a member for 10 years
Model: Catfish 17 yrs old, 6', 185 lbs.

DYE INVISION

SAVE PHACE BOO

VFORCE SHIELD w/o neck guard

Model: Kodiak, 47 yrs old, 5' 10", 260 lbs

DYE INVISION

SAVE PHACE BOO

VFORCE SHIELD w/o neck guard

Last edited by Txvman : 06-01-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:33 PM #47
xscrubzx

i can now say that i have worn this mask at 5 different games. So I feel now that i myself (not meaning this as im speaking for others) can give a more honest view on the mask.

Anyways, the last event i was at was extremly humid at the start of the day because it rained all night and the first hour i was at the field. Once again the stock lens did not fog. However it did give me alot of condinsation (please mind my spelling im half asleep). After getting alot of condinsation i did swap the lens out for a smoke thermal lens that did not give me any issues at all from the time i put it in till the end of the day. As for the whole hearing debate that is going on i can personally say that i did not notice a difference in what i could hear going on around me.

Next im going to go onto a very hot topic that has been pass around throughout this whole forum. I will admit that i got a few hits to the face. I can really only say that i got one bounce that came from a mouth area hit. Yes it is true that you do have a better chance on getting a bounce when using a soft mask. Beyond that i can honestly say that the save phace mask is one of my fav's. The only mask's that i really use beyond the save phace mask any more would have to be my old school scott mask that i have had forever.

I have owned just about every brand/make of mask that is out there on the market or atleast used it. Its all about looks and feel. I mean a company can only sell there product if it passes the regulations/safety tests so if you feel comfortable using it and like the way they look then get one, if not then buy another product. Thats why there are many other companies out there, to give people choices.

Anyways i'm sorry for the horrible spelling and how i jumped around but you'll have that. The very last thing that i want to say is if you dont like the trolls or the flames then just do as i did and ignore them.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:33 PM #48
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

Thank you for your patience!! It's been a whirlwind here at corporate. But now my camera and models are back from Florida and here are some more pictures with a Dye and VForce mask that were generously loaned to us by one of your own here at PBNation. THANK YOU! (your masks will be shipped back today.. promise!!) DISCLAIMER: I'm not a professional photographer and am not well versed on cropping and sizing. This is the best I could do to get these out there quickly.

Here is how the mask compares on a person's head that fits into the 96 percentile of the world's head size.

Now, here is how the mask compares on a person's head that is not quite in that 96 percentile.

Thank you to all of you out there who have been posting pictures!! I never knew how time consuming this could be and we REALLY appreciate your time and efforts!! Please let me know if there is anything else that you all would like to see.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:26 PM #49
kunglao

Ok I am new to this forum but I have been reading a lot, and I am not new to paintball- I have been playing since the first days of paintball (Nel-spot, splatmaster days...)

Now to the mask. Being the cynic that I am I would say that the hat gives the illusion of more coverage than the pics without a hat. I dunno if this was an intentional ploy or not. Having said that, I like what i see in the save phace mask. My only reservation is not having to try it on before ordering it- and none of the local paintball stores in my area carry them.
Old 06-04-2008, 11:27 PM #50
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
Ill have mine soon enough, you can meet up with me at a field to check it out (since im local enough to NYC)
Old 06-06-2008, 12:45 AM #51
kunglao

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
Ill have mine soon enough, you can meet up with me at a field to check it out (since im local enough to NYC)
Hey, thxs for the offer. I don't want to hijack this thread- so I'll PM you when I am about to go play and see if our schedule matches.
Old 06-06-2008, 07:06 AM #52
EvilQ17
www.PBLive.tv

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real Boss View Post
Thank you for your patience!! It's been a whirlwind here at corporate. But now my camera and models are back from Florida and here are some more pictures with a Dye and VForce mask that were generously loaned to us by one of your own here at PBNation. THANK YOU! (your masks will be shipped back today.. promise!!) DISCLAIMER: I'm not a professional photographer and am not well versed on cropping and sizing. This is the best I could do to get these out there quickly.

Here is how the mask compares on a person's head that fits into the 96 percentile of the world's head size.

Now, here is how the mask compares on a person's head that is not quite in that 96 percentile.

Thank you to all of you out there who have been posting pictures!! I never knew how time consuming this could be and we REALLY appreciate your time and efforts!! Please let me know if there is anything else that you all would like to see.
I like the new comparisons. I would say the Gillz have them beat by slimness, if that is even a word, but only by a little. I think this will really help people out. Glad i could lend my masks out to help out a company.

Stuff For Sale

PBLive-Wednesdays at 10EST-for Phoenix cast click this
Old 06-08-2008, 09:44 PM #53
flamewing333
Infinity legend

I'd like to point out that the i3 pro's are smaller then the save phace mask and yet everyone continues to bash SP with the fact that their masks are so small.
Also, I'd like to point out that the grils have a indent in the forhead which can prove to be very bothersome especially in incidents where you are being shot from close ranges and result in large bumps on ones forhead. *It happened to one of my friends during the scenario game.* From a safety stand point you could say that the Save Phace mask provides better coverage of the head.

P.S.
Yeahthatsme your right i'm a hypocrit.. You've got me beat and I'll no longer prevoke any negative comments from you. Sorry
Old 06-10-2008, 11:30 AM #54
Octagon (Banned)

I will be honest, I have nothing against the masks at all. I can't say that they aren't my cup of tea, but I can't say that they are greatest things next to sliced bread. My problem lies in that I have not been able to actually get a chance to see them up close and try them on. Not the companies fault, I have seen the store locater and I have been a bit busy to trek off to actually check them out.

I do admit that I have a bit of an issue with some of the things that the reps from the company have posted. We won't go in to the Bounce Facts thread, as this is not the place. But the rep who started this thread posted that he would post more pictures the next day, the very next day. He started the thread on 5/15, and honestly, it was the sponsored players that picked up the slack, more than a week after it was started. Now I have no bone to pick with any one as to whether the mask is slickest thing out or not. But I do have an issue with reps for a company that do what I have perceived them doing.

That being that they paid some good money to have their own forum, which is great for advertising purposes, but they are not here keeping an eye on it, and not following through with the promises that they make. I can understand they are busy, they have a business to run. But if they are going to pay the money for their own forum, then I think that they have a responsibility to police their own forum. The Mod, TargetIndy, has more than enough going on with the Nation that moderating a forum that someone else wanted, and paid good money to get, is kind of an added responsibility that he probably did not want. As a result, I imagine that he has not been in here very much to check on things, and some of the flaming has gone a bit rampant.

The presence of the reps is honestly lacking. I mean, I can understand that they may not have anything to do with the Nation on the weekends, or in the evenings, I can understand that. They have families, and the weekends are probably better spent on a boat, on an ATV, with the family, and so on. But during the week, I would think that between the four of them, they would have enough of a presence that things would be taken care of in a timely manner. I mean, I started a thread with some questions on 6/1, and I did not get a post in the thread from an official rep until 6/3, although I did have most of my questions answered by the sponsored players that posted before the rep, as well as after the rep.

And I said this before, in this thread, I will say it again. A big to all of the sponsored players who have posted most of what they have. You guys are a doing a great job in filling in for the official reps. I hope that Save Phace people are paying attention to your efforts as you guys have honestly done a better job of representing a company that sponsors them than most other people that are Pro's and are sponsored to play paintball, and only play paintball.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:34 PM #55
kunglao

I dunno about SP reps here- but I can tell you that I emailed them a question and they sent back and answer the next day.
Old 06-10-2008, 03:49 PM #56
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunglao View Post
I dunno about SP reps here- but I can tell you that I emailed them a question and they sent back and answer the next day.
Thanks, Kunglao for sharing your actual real experience with our company with everyone here.

We do our best to respond to questions quickly and that is how we have built our reputation for excellent customer service. If anyone has any questions, please feel free to contact us directly and if a subject that needs our response is somehow getting overlooked here on the forum, please don't hesitate to PM me.

Thank you all.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:35 AM #57
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunglao View Post
Ok I am new to this forum but I have been reading a lot, and I am not new to paintball- I have been playing since the first days of paintball (Nel-spot, splatmaster days...)

Now to the mask. Being the cynic that I am I would say that the hat gives the illusion of more coverage than the pics without a hat. I dunno if this was an intentional ploy or not. Having said that, I like what i see in the save phace mask. My only reservation is not having to try it on before ordering it- and none of the local paintball stores in my area carry them.

Thank you for that observation. I hadn't even noticed that they wear wearing their hats with only the Save Phace masks. It was not intentional. Here are comparison shots of the mask being worn with a hat and without a hat:

And just in case anybody was wondering, the only reason that the larger model was wearing the forehead protector is because that was the closest different mask to our photo shoot and I wanted to show some variety. Here is the larger model wearing the mask without the forehead piece - just in case you were wondering......

Any other masks for comparison??? What other pictures would you like to see?
Old 06-11-2008, 02:18 PM #58
PBallerMMD
TX consumes the innocent

Okay to fore-warn everyone i'm not bashing or agreeing with the company, i have just been quietly reading up and haven't posted here yet.
Okay i read earlier in this forum that when the Save Phace masks are shipped out, they all have the forehead-shield. And then i just read from you that you that the larger model wore the headshield to add variety. Now i'm not a professional either but from the past business classes and such when comparing a product you want to look at sole differences, like in science when you have the variables and the standard (can't remember the word).
So i think your next photos should be a little like this.*either make all the SP's have head shields or all not*

[More common sized heads first]

[Profiler w/ no hat]-front and side views
[profiler w/ hat]-front and side views
[Save Phace w/ no hat]-front and side views
[Save Phace w/ hat]-front and side views
[Dye I3 w/ no hat]-front and side views
[Dye I3 w/ hat]-front and side views
*[Save Phace w/ shield w/ no hat]-Front and Side views
*[Save Phace w/ shield w/ hat]-Front and Side Views
[JT Proflex w/ no hat]-F/S views
[JT Proflex w/ hat]-F/S views
I noticed the JT's are pretty popular.
[Then repeat with the larger models]

Thanks
SubZero#12
I'm in love with boobies

Last edited by PBallerMMD : 06-11-2008 at 02:23 PM. Reason: wanted to
Old 06-11-2008, 02:21 PM #59
cryptic.paintball
blah blah blah

cryptic.paintball plays in the APPA D5 division
cryptic.paintball is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
cryptic.paintball is Legendary
cryptic.paintball is Boss
I think what you are asking for is in the post above yours minus the different masks.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:30 PM #60
Octagon (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBallerMMD View Post
Okay to fore-warn everyone i'm not bashing or agreeing with the company, i have just been quietly reading up and haven't posted here yet.
Okay i read earlier in this forum that when the Save Phace masks are shipped out, they all have the forehead-shield. And then i just read from you that you that the larger model wore the headshield to add variety. Now i'm not a professional either but from the past business classes and such when comparing a product you want to look at sole differences, like in science when you have the variables and the standard (can't remember the word).
So i think your next photos should be a little like this.*either make all the SP's have head shields or all not*

[More common sized heads first]

[Profiler w/ no hat]-front and side views
[profiler w/ hat]-front and side views
[Save Phace w/ no hat]-front and side views
[Save Phace w/ hat]-front and side views
[Dye I3 w/ no hat]-front and side views
[Dye I3 w/ hat]-front and side views
*[Save Phace w/ shield w/ no hat]-Front and Side views
*[Save Phace w/ shield w/ hat]-Front and Side Views
[JT Proflex w/ no hat]-F/S views
[JT Proflex w/ hat]-F/S views
I noticed the JT's are pretty popular.
[Then repeat with the larger models]

Thanks
I think that alot of the masks that you are wanting views of, but not necessarily with and without hats, have been posted already, either by the Save Phace rep, cryptic.paintball, or Tvxman.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:58 PM #61
kunglao

They do have that astronaut/space alien look, esp. with the colored lens- which I think looks cool.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:57 PM #62
PBallerMMD
TX consumes the innocent

Sorry to double post but no in that one above there is only one company shown i want to see the comparison w/ out and w/ hats on both companies not just SP
SubZero#12
I'm in love with boobies
Old 06-12-2008, 09:48 AM #63
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBallerMMD View Post
Sorry to double post but no in that one above there is only one company shown i want to see the comparison w/ out and w/ hats on both companies not just SP
Well, the other masks were borrowed and have already been sent back. We are happy to do more comparison pictures - just need the masks that you want to see compared.