PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-07-2008, 11:10 AM #1
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

Size DOES matter........Save Phace comparison photos

We have had some really good feedback regarding the size (or lack thereof) of our Tactical masks. Thank you.

A couple of things to note:

1. Our mask is designed to fit 96% of the World's population. Our current SUM mask is designed to fit 98% of the World's population and during the 2+ years of our research in the Tactical market, we heard over and over that the SUM mask was too big for the Tactical market. This is why we designed the new Tactical mask just a tad bit smaller. Since we all have different face sizes and nose sizes it is impossible for a mask manufacturer, including us, to make one mask that fits everyone.

If you have not had a chance to try our mask on, we thought it might be helpful to show pictures of the mask compared to a mask from another manufacture that you may be familiar with:

If you fit into the 96% - here is what it looks like compared to another mask on the market:

If you fit into the 4% - here is a comparison of how the mask may fit you:

2. Another thing to note is the proper way to wear the mask. We have noticed on some of the pictures on this forum that the wearer was unnecessarily exposing extra skin on the neck/chin area due to improper positioning of the mask. Following are pictures to help show the proper vs. improper way to wear the mask:

Wrong Way:

Right Way:

Hopefully this helps to clear up any confusion out there regarding the coverage of the mask. There is talk of creating a larger version of this mask in the future - we will keep you posted on the new developments as they get closer........

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunglao View Post
Ok I am new to this forum but I have been reading a lot, and I am not new to paintball- I have been playing since the first days of paintball (Nel-spot, splatmaster days...)

Now to the mask. Being the cynic that I am I would say that the hat gives the illusion of more coverage than the pics without a hat. I dunno if this was an intentional ploy or not. Having said that, I like what i see in the save phace mask. My only reservation is not having to try it on before ordering it- and none of the local paintball stores in my area carry them.

Thank you for that observation. I hadn't even noticed that they wear wearing their hats with only the Save Phace masks. It was not intentional. Here are comparison shots of the mask being worn with a hat and without a hat:

And just in case anybody was wondering, the only reason that the larger model was wearing the forehead protector is because that was the closest different mask to our photo shoot and I wanted to show some variety. Here is the larger model wearing the mask without the forehead piece - just in case you were wondering......

Any other masks for comparison??? What other pictures would you like to see?

Last edited by John : 08-20-2008 at 01:48 PM.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2008, 11:10 AM #2
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

Size DOES matter........Save Phace comparison photos

We were able to get our hands on a V-Force mask to show you all some more comparison photos.

Once again, this first generation of our masks were designed to fit 96% of the world's population. The fit of our mask will be different for everybody depending on the size of your head.

This first set of pictures are taken of a guy with an average size head:

We will post comparisons of a guy who has a larger head tomorrow. Ran out of time today! Stay tuned......

Thank you for your patience!! It's been a whirlwind here at corporate. But now my camera and models are back from Florida and here are some more pictures with a Dye and VForce mask that were generously loaned to us by one of your own here at PBNation. THANK YOU! (your masks will be shipped back today.. promise!!) DISCLAIMER: I'm not a professional photographer and am not well versed on cropping and sizing. This is the best I could do to get these out there quickly.

Here is how the mask compares on a person's head that fits into the 96 percentile of the world's head size.

Now, here is how the mask compares on a person's head that is not quite in that 96 percentile.

Thank you to all of you out there who have been posting pictures!! I never knew how time consuming this could be and we REALLY appreciate your time and efforts!! Please let me know if there is anything else that you all would like to see.

Last edited by John : 08-20-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:31 AM #3
Dirtybirdy51
Fuark!

Dirtybirdy51 is a Paintball photographer
people will wear the mask the way that they see fit- that is, what's most comfortable to them.
Originally posted by Black Angus: "So, apparently, if you post in the mountain climbing thread that you enjoy climbing because you can fap off the top of the mountain and watch your *** fly in the wind, you get banned."
AUD- passed, REG- passed, BEC- passed, FAR- scores due 3/10
Old 05-07-2008, 11:52 AM #4
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
comfort can be adjusted though...

think of the days of drop forwards being the comfy thing to do... now adays, drops are VERY taboo to have on your gun (or you're classified as a n00b)

one way may be more comfortable, but if you do it the "right" way enough times, THAT way becomes comfortable.

this is a GREAT way to show the mask and how it looks on someone compared to another mask.

id like to see more pics with other masks (proflex, grills, profilers, etc)
Old 05-07-2008, 02:41 PM #5
yeahthatsme
hung

has been a member for 10 years
yeahthatsme supports Team VICIOUS
Good post, the last point about wearing the mask correctly is especially important.
Old 05-08-2008, 01:58 PM #6
yeahthatsme
hung

So could you do a front comparison(like your last two pictures) of your mask vs a few other top masks? thanks.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:31 PM #7
visor
Samurai

visor supports Cereal Killerz 2
visor is playing at Living Legends III
visor is playing at Living Legends VII
visor supports Empire
I remember people complaining about the JT Flex8's when they first came out cause the ear lobe was exposed on some people. I don't hear those complaints anymore. People still buy the mask.

So what I would like to see is a comparison of the JT Flex8's and the Save Phace mask. I think that would clear up some of the complaints about the ear showing.

Company's that I support: Ninja Paintball, Techt, Lurker, Pinokio
Old 05-09-2008, 12:04 AM #8
visor
Samurai

visor supports Empire
I found some photos to prove my point.

So people keep saying the flex is better a comparison of them to yours would be good to see.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:42 AM #9
yeahthatsme
hung

looks like the flex covers more than the save phace mask does, from those pics at least, i'd like to see a comparison on the same person though.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:25 AM #10
GOTKILLS?
RETIRED

GOTKILLS? owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
GOTKILLS? owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
GOTKILLS? supports Team VICIOUS

great mask - great face coverage - lovin the hate that it causes!!!
Old 05-09-2008, 08:20 AM #11
RollingThunder

The Flex 8 doesn't, I have both. Actually, I've been blasted in the ear wearing the JT's. Hurts like hell, but with my fat head less of my ear is exposed with my Save Phace mask.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:26 AM #12
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoelyDeezNutz View Post
id like to see more pics with other masks (proflex, grills, profilers, etc)
We would be happy to offer more comparison photos. Is anyone interested in loaning the masks that you want to see compared? We will pay for shipping both ways. Or if anyone is interested in a trade, we could work something out. PM me if your interested.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:52 AM #13
visor
Samurai

visor supports Empire
The point was the ear is exposed on some people with the Flex's. Jaw line only on one photo, but these people in the photo don't seem to have large heads. That's why I want to see the comparison.

I don't own any flex's but I will pm about a profiler.

Old 05-09-2008, 01:58 PM #14
b_schiffer

b_schiffer supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by visor View Post
I remember people complaining about the JT Flex8's when they first came out cause the ear lobe was exposed on some people. I don't hear those complaints anymore. People still buy the mask.

So what I would like to see is a comparison of the JT Flex8's and the Save Phace mask. I think that would clear up some of the complaints about the ear showing.

OR you can just get a regular flex and have the option of a Soft ear or hard ear.

Flex8's are awful. Thats deff. not what I would compare this mask too.

PROflex or Flex 7's are much better.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:38 PM #15
Collins

I'd love to try one out but I don't think there is a stocked retailer in this area.
I've got my eyes on a few designs.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:10 PM #16
The Real Boss
Save Phace CFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collins View Post
I'd love to try one out but I don't think there is a stocked retailer in this area.
I've got my eyes on a few designs.
We have several retailers in the Knoxville area that are working with our sales team to get set up to carry our masks. Please keep checking the "Find a Dealer" page (http://dealers.savephace.com/) as it is updated on a daily basis!!
Old 05-09-2008, 03:54 PM #17
visor
Samurai

visor supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by b_schiffer View Post
OR you can just get a regular flex and have the option of a Soft ear or hard ear.

Flex8's are awful. Thats deff. not what I would compare this mask too.

PROflex or Flex 7's are much better.
The first two pictures are Proflex's. I can also post many more pics if needed but I did not want to clutter the thread.

Old 05-09-2008, 04:15 PM #18
yeahthatsme
hung

they're hardly ideal angles, and not very comparative without having the same person wearing a save phace mask. we look at people wearing masks all day, but without a comparison on the same person of multiple masks it only goes so far.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:23 PM #19
LordCuppyTuTu

LordCuppyTuTu donated to help Peyton Trent
I can do some tonight with some grills, profilers and my new save phace mask. I know they are not flex's but it is at least another good comparison.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:44 PM #20
visor
Samurai

visor supports Empire
I totally agree that comparisons of the same person wearing the same mask would be better. My point is that other masks have coverage problems to and they get over looked because they have been around longer. The 1st gen Grills were high on the jaw and the 2nd gen they made longer to fix that issue. Vforce also started out with all solid makes and made the Profiler after they got off the ground as their first mask with flex.

I also just put my extra set of profilers in the mail via Fedex today to Save Phace for a comparison. Anybody have a JT mask to send.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:28 PM #21
b_schiffer

b_schiffer supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by visor View Post
The first two pictures are Proflex's. I can also post many more pics if needed but I did not want to clutter the thread.
sorry about that,
my schools server blocked everything but the flex 8.

Still though you need to include some hard ears imo.

And honestly those look they have been illegally cut.