PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-06-2008, 09:23 PM #1
ThndrCat
Malicious Intent

Efficiency?

Hey I was just reading throught all these posts, I came across the animation of how it works, and it seems to look inefficient to me. I'm not trying to bash here. The floating valve seems to work against the "re-cocking" of the bolt. Anyone notice that? Now obviously the pressure on either side of the floating seal must be equalized or have greater pressure in the rear or it wouldn't seal, right? so it would seem (assuming the gas recocking the bolt is low pressure) the gun works against its self. Any one know the OP of this gun? Or what the expected efficiency fromt he Manufacturer is?? Again, I'm no expert on this thing. Just curious. I think it looks sexy for sure. Hope I get the chance to check one out in person. Thanks.
ThndrCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:37 PM #2
fblainen11
muh name's blaine

the animations you saw are NOT the animations for the Luxe. As far as I know there are none out yet. Only today did we actually get to see what the internals look like.

As far as efficiency, I don't know. Probably around 1300-1500 I'd guess.

Dye Throttle

Torque Loader
fblainen11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:38 AM #3
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Moderator
Ydna is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Ydna is BST Trusted
It works like a more typical Shocker.

In answer to your original question, the macroqev marker is what you'd call unbalanced, there are two opposing surfaces inside the marker that push against each other for it to operate. This is actually quite common, many markers work the same way. The air being pushed around is fed by the regulator so it doesn't loose its energy in the process.
Just so ya know....

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Ydna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:06 PM #4
ThndrCat
Malicious Intent

thank you gentlemen. I'm interested to check one out!
ThndrCat is offline   Reply With Quote