PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 05-07-2008, 06:28 PM #64
Slosh
Sin City Paintball

has been a member for 10 years
SOme of you guys have it right.....speedballers are the smallest market but yet them most demanding and cheapest of the community...If Bonehead really want to make some profit he should do the parties and cater the field to REC players and the 1 timers and friends.....A FIELD SHOULD NOT SOLEY CATER TO THE SPEEDBALLERS...but INSTEAD BUILD HIS FIELD FOR THE REC BALLER AND NEW PLAYERS....

I can say this if SCP didnt have a speedball team we would not have had sup air bunkers but instead a big rec field for rec ballers and parties....That my friend is where the money is at...DOnt believe me then you are or have not been in this sport very long. I have managed 2 fields worked at countless fields for the past 19 years of being in this sport....

REC BALLERS ARE WERE THE MONEY plain and simple.....SPEEDBALLERS want it cheap and stuff for free ......Another term i like to use is REC Ballers are the older adults, family peeps. Speedballers are the little kids and your teens that think the world owes them something.....

SO TO BONEHEAD CATER TO THE PARTIES AND REC BALLERS.....AND THINK ABOUT 1 day a week free entry but they have to buy your paint....Believe me when i say it works (SCP proven that factor) try WED it was a good day.
Slosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 06:54 PM #65
zkorAVALS
4T3HLULZ

Yeah. Wed's at SCP were FULL! It was challenging to find a spot on the ground to sit at. I miss those days.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:37 PM #66
Liquidlead Artist
Royal Flush Airbrush

make it thursday night!!
Team Dynasty Drawing
Thomas Taylor Drawing
Nicky Cuba Drawing
Liquidlead Artist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:03 PM #67
kdoulder

Although having a night like that at Boneyard sounds great for the players, lets look at it from Boneyard's standpoint.

Free entry, Field paint only.

Cost on a case of paint is about $25, so say they sell it for $40. That means the gross profit is $15 per case. Now lets deduct sales tax you pay on the paint which at $40 is $3.10 per case, which now makes their net profit $11.90 per case. So say they have 40 people show up, they would make $476.

Now with 40 people there, how many games do you think you can get in? There would be about a 4 to 5 game wait to play, so again you are back to playing about 1 game an hour.

I did not even include the additional cost of clean up with that many players and also the Federal Income Tax you will have to pay.

That $1800 you made for the month really put a dent in the $15,000 lease payment, not to mention all the additional costs.
kdoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:07 PM #68
kdoulder

Also consider the considerable lease payment Boneyard faces compared to SCP.

Boneyard $15,000 a month (estimated)
SCP $1,500 a month, yes only $1,500 a month

Now you see why SCP could offer that special. The could be open 1 day and make enough to over their lease.
kdoulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:08 PM #69
zkorAVALS
4T3HLULZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoulder View Post
Also consider the considerable lease payment Boneyard faces compared to SCP.

Boneyard $15,000 a month (estimated)
SCP $1,500 a month, yes only $1,500 a month

Now you see why SCP could offer that special. The could be open 1 day and make enough to over their lease.
Holy crap. We used to pay more than that for an apartment.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:19 PM #70
soldier life
EVIL MAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by pblover51 View Post
ok wow...
I understand where alot of people are coming from with it is too expensive for paint.. but if you think of this...

- if you go to lvpp an have your own paint lets think here. You probably bought that paint before (25-35). + entry you still paying 55. its the same thing as goin got boneyard (45-55). + 15 for entry. 60 bucks. ther honestly isnt a differece. maybe the one difference from both of them for the people who live next or close to lvpp it is 5 bucks saved in gas.
this is so true seriously
soldier life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:43 PM #71
Toyota00
Paintball4Life

Toyota00 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Not if your driving a diesel haha.

I do have to agree with pblover, but I think a major thing that sways people is the field size and variety. But with summer coming around, I think Bonehead will be just fine.
Old 05-07-2008, 10:28 PM #72
ryryo2
Ryan Volner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slosh View Post
SOme of you guys have it right.....speedballers are the smallest market but yet them most demanding and cheapest of the community...If Bonehead really want to make some profit he should do the parties and cater the field to REC players and the 1 timers and friends.....A FIELD SHOULD NOT SOLEY CATER TO THE SPEEDBALLERS...but INSTEAD BUILD HIS FIELD FOR THE REC BALLER AND NEW PLAYERS....

I can say this if SCP didnt have a speedball team we would not have had sup air bunkers but instead a big rec field for rec ballers and parties....That my friend is where the money is at...DOnt believe me then you are or have not been in this sport very long. I have managed 2 fields worked at countless fields for the past 19 years of being in this sport....

REC BALLERS ARE WERE THE MONEY plain and simple.....SPEEDBALLERS want it cheap and stuff for free ......Another term i like to use is REC Ballers are the older adults, family peeps. Speedballers are the little kids and your teens that think the world owes them something.....

SO TO BONEHEAD CATER TO THE PARTIES AND REC BALLERS.....AND THINK ABOUT 1 day a week free entry but they have to buy your paint....Believe me when i say it works (SCP proven that factor) try WED it was a good day.
i know all of this!!! haha and i was only there for like 3 years!!! haha
ryryo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 10:49 PM #73
Spaz 419
Mascot

Spaz 419 is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier life View Post
^^^^the turf is really nice...its longer like on football fields....they keep it clean too it is A++++
Quote:
Originally Posted by ego_maniac View Post
its a really nice field. grass is awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldier life View Post
....turf.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryryo2 View Post
place is awesome. u wont b disapointed. even the lighting (for indoor) is awesome. people are great too. youll enjoy urself.
Thanks for the answers guys. I will be in Vegas from July 5th to the 12th i plan to ball on like a tue and hopefully the wife will let me go twice, ao maybe a later day in the week.

Thanks again guys and i hope that the all works out for you guys. ( the BYOP idea)

Thanks again and maybe ill see some of ya in july.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:43 PM #74
ryryo2
Ryan Volner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoulder View Post
Now with 40 people there, how many games do you think you can get in? There would be about a 4 to 5 game wait to play, so again you are back to playing about 1 game an hour.

thats wats cool about vegas paintballers. they usually play 1 game then sit for 30mins. haha. YOU ALL KNOW THIS IS TRUE.
ryryo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:06 AM #75
zkorAVALS
4T3HLULZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryryo2 View Post
thats wats cool about vegas paintballers. they usually play 1 game then sit for 30mins. haha. YOU ALL KNOW THIS IS TRUE.
During the summer it's even worse.
It's like, 1 game. Then everyone's too tired and goes home.
Old 05-08-2008, 12:15 AM #76
PeeBeeNayshun (Banned)

Thats why you play inside when you can be nice and cold instead of blazing hot in the sun
PeeBeeNayshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:58 AM #77
shadowkill
Blackout Photography

shadowkill supports Team VICIOUS
i play all day till i dont have paint left haha then if its still early ill go and buy another case.

the only reason i really dont go to boneyard is cause my dads too lazy to drive my *** back there.
plus he plays soccer at LVPP so he knows everyone there and he plays while i do
Old 05-08-2008, 11:05 AM #78
railz
Manamana - DooDooDeDooDoo

railz is a Supporting Member
railz donated to help Peyton Trent
railz is playing at Living Legends III
railz supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkorAVALS View Post
During the summer it's even worse.
It's like, 1 game. Then everyone's too tired and goes home.
This is where Bonehead will shine. Indoors, cool with turf in the summer heat will rock.
railz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:21 PM #79
soldier life
EVIL MAN

anyone down for boneyard today??
soldier life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:28 PM #80
piccointegra

boneyard have free entry on wednesday and BOGO friday
piccointegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 08:34 PM #81
rob-o08

the reason that the boneyard is losing money is because the fields that are there are too small there is too mush wasted space they should take out most of the pro shop and just keep things that break a lot, and anything that players want they can order. there are also the 2 party room that i have never seen used. so take one out and slim down the pro shop and they could add another field in there one that is regulation xpsl or nppl size and take out the arcade because i haven never seen anyone there the free entry is going to help there business too. another problem that they have is that there are way too many people working there they should just have 5 people working there one in the front 2 refs and one person working in the paint area. if they did those things it should help there profits. or most of the unlv business school grad students need a project to turn a business around so they could approach them too.
rob-o08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:18 PM #82
Facejackets

Well I feel stupid for complaining about paint/entry prices now.

I am visiting NY and my cousin told me what he just paid to pay yesterday...

$25 entry NOT including air and $100 a case.

I told him about what the Boneyard charges and he almost pooped his pants.
Facejackets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:22 PM #83
PeeBeeNayshun (Banned)

wow thats crazystuff.
PeeBeeNayshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 11:32 PM #84
railz
Manamana - DooDooDeDooDoo

railz is a Supporting Member
railz donated to help Peyton Trent
railz is playing at Living Legends III
railz supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob-o08 View Post
the reason that the boneyard is losing money is because the fields that are there are too small there is too mush wasted space they should take out most of the pro shop and just keep things that break a lot, and anything that players want they can order. there are also the 2 party room that i have never seen used. so take one out and slim down the pro shop and they could add another field in there one that is regulation xpsl or nppl size and take out the arcade because i haven never seen anyone there the free entry is going to help there business too. another problem that they have is that there are way too many people working there they should just have 5 people working there one in the front 2 refs and one person working in the paint area. if they did those things it should help there profits. or most of the unlv business school grad students need a project to turn a business around so they could approach them too.
You're forgetting about the two structural load bearing walls that run the length of the property. To remove those and still keep the building standing would require tens of thousands of dollars.
railz is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups