FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

Annual Supporting Member
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel supports DLX Technology
There's a few things that really look for in a marker. For instance, the less tools necessary to work on a given marker, the better. Which means if I need an oddball socket wrench to take apart my regulator (eg. SP Ion), that's no good. The fewer allen wrenches I need, the better. Basically, if my gun goes down, how frantic are things going to be trying to get it back up and running.

In addition to all that, is the company and it's customer service. If a part breaks, strips or I just flat out lose it, will they take care of it or are they going to give me a hard time because my ball detent blew after 1/2 a case and it's considered a wearable part? Maybe it's just me, but I also hate calling a paintball business (any paintball business) and having them answer "Paintball" or "Hello?"

Basically, I'd rather not look at things as far as "high class" or "low class", especially when the difference between the two is how much it costs. I mean, if you want to base a guns class on how much it costs, I'm sure my buddy will be willing to sell you his stock Pirhana for $1200...
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack

FS: G6R $525 shipped and paypal'd
FallNAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-06-2008, 06:42 PM #23
Rob66
youtube.com/shootinstuff

Rob66 posts videos on PbNation
Rob66 is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Rob66 is Legendary
Rob66 supports Empire
no, it won't
Rob66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:49 PM #24
ptballa1
species :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob66 View Post
no, it won't
perfect answer to end this thread on
Old 05-07-2008, 12:06 PM #25
rmf680
Blibble Blabble

first off, no it wont, there have been more expensive guns already

secondly,why buy the luxe when you could buy a brand new marq for 500, in a year or two, go buy the luxe for 500... compared to spending a grand for the gun when it comes out, then 1650 for a luxe, it doesnt make sense

www.punisherspb.com
^excellent paintball store^

Last edited by rmf680 : 05-07-2008 at 12:08 PM.
rmf680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 05:49 PM #26
shishdisma
Captain Analogy

shishdisma helped look for balloons
shishdisma is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallNAngel View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I also hate calling a paintball business (any paintball business) and having them answer "Paintball" or "Hello?"
wait, what?

Originally Posted by GreasyPigeon-
Damn son even a mod is ripping on you. Your life does suck

2/8/08-Prom Text message, I was there
shishdisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:23 PM #27
spwz99

Quote:
Originally Posted by taatoken View Post
Now with this DLX gun what do you think will happen?
I don't think anything will change. PL Ego's have come out around this price range before, and people bought them.

I view the Luxe like a BMW car. When it first rolls off the lot its really nice and cool. But when the shine wears off, the buyer often gets bored with it and sells it. (For a huge loss thanks to depreciation) Is there anything wrong with the car? No. It's just not the newest model anymore.

See that's where people like me come in. I have not bought a "new" marker in the last 7 years. I don't need to. (I also can't afford to) So, I will let someone else take the depreciation hit. My 05 ego works just fine, so does my PM6, and both cost a whole lot less than an 08 Ego or a PM8.

They may not have all the nicest newest features. And they may be a few ounces heavier and not quite as efficient, but they all shoot paint at 300fps and 13.33 bps.

So I think we will see so Luxe's floating around the used market in 2 years for a fraction of what they cost now, because they aren't the new thing anymore.
spwz99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:19 PM #28
frager84

yes and no

just wait do 2010 or 2011 and there will be no more new guns

the 2010 or 2011 dm's ego's and even the luxe will drop down to around 400-600 dollars by a 2013
#131 Rich Telford fan club

97% of Ion owners think their 300 dollar investment is better than your $1500 marker. If you want to bonusball these retards, put this in your sig.
frager84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 03:02 PM #29
Vicious49
Excelsior!

Annual Supporting Member
Vicious49 plays in the USPL
Vicious49 plays in the PSP
Vicious49 owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
Vicious49 supports Pev's Paintball
Vicious49 plays in the APPA D4 division
Vicious49 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
You just placed the Luxe in a higher category than Egos? Wow.

The best upgrade for your Ego is a new owner.
Vicious49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 11:33 AM #30
NJ Mikey A
Bro, do you even operate?

NJ Mikey A plays in the PSP
NJ Mikey A supports Cereal Killerz 2
NJ Mikey A owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NJ Mikey A supports Team VICIOUS
NJ Mikey A is for the Gunfight
NJ Mikey A supports Sherwood Forest
Quick answer is no, people forget that at one point in time people would pay similar prices or more for guns we now consider obsolete. Adrenalin Angel LCDS, Cobra LCDS, anythying shocktech lol, Westwood body styled autocockers for 1200-1300 hell back in the day people would spend 1800+ on Adrenalin Angels with that thunderstruck anno. Those then were considered the top of the top, and now they go for as little as a few hundred.
You and I have the courage to say to our enemies, "There is a price we will not pay." "There is a point beyond which they must not advance." And this—this is the meaning in the phrase of Barry Goldwater's "peace through strength." Winston Churchill said, "The destiny of man is not measured by material computations. When great forces are on the move in the world, we learn we're spirits—not animals." And he said, "There's something going on in time and space, and beyond time and space, which, whether we like it or not, spells duty."

You and I have a rendezvous with destiny.
NJ Mikey A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:08 PM #31
cockerpunk (Banned)
Show Me the Data

there has always been a "Super expensive" class of guns.

the difference is that they have always been hand made, hand tuned and prestigious guns to own.

a rudy dean cocker for example would cost 1800 from rudy himself.

the problem with this whole luxe thing is that the luxe is just another factory "custom" gun. its not custom, not unique, and no amount of marketing will convince me that its any more luxurious than a nice automag.

they are try to push a non-custom gun in the one of kind/hand made price point range.

whereas PE makes a few SLwhatvers and theres a few stupid poeple out there to make that worthwhile. an SLwhatever doesn't cost any more to make than a regular ego (or at least not 50% more), the profit margin his huge, if only in limited market.

the luxe however ... if thats gonna be the price point on your only gun, it better be the "must have" gun of the century to keep a company rolling. of course DLX is not a stand alone company, so that might be in there favor.
cockerpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 05:24 PM #32
Dr.dean

Its odd how i always see everyone get into deep discussions about resale value, everyone knows its crap, no brand has amazing resale value.

And yes every rule has its few exceptions, but they are so rare that it would be a bit silly to count those.

When i look at a new marker, i want it to be better then the last one i had, its that simple.

End of the line question for me isnt cost, its, which would i rather be having in my hand when the 10 seconds is announced. my old or the new ?

Its that simple.

Cost DOES matter for most, but really everyone knows its part of getting new gear, that the old isnt worth as much.

The luxe wont be the next sales hit, with 10K guns sold in a year, It will be a high end gun in the sense, its got the same or better performance for those who choose to get one, vs their old marker, it will have a according to DLX, on par best service on a marker brand out so far.

where will this be in a year? if anyone knew they would be filthy rich, i mean who doesnt want someones advice if they know the future.

Personally, i would love to test/try a luxe for an extenden period of time to see if its really worth replacing my NXT for it, alas i dont foresee that in the coming future.

FFF/PB
Dr.dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 06:53 PM #33
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnp8nt View Post
Remember when this was a "luxury" marker ?
haha I remember that, I actually almost bought one of those set ups, angel air and all. Remember the sales pitch for the o-ring kits? It...uh...breaks...uh...alot...yeah...so buy our o-ring kits! I'd be surprised if most of the kids here on nation knew what paintball was when this was luxury
Old 05-12-2008, 07:11 PM #34
shishdisma
Captain Analogy

shishdisma helped look for balloons
shishdisma is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Quote:
Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
there has always been a "Super expensive" class of guns.

the difference is that they have always been hand made, hand tuned and prestigious guns to own.

a rudy dean cocker for example would cost 1800 from rudy himself.

the problem with this whole luxe thing is that the luxe is just another factory "custom" gun. its not custom, not unique, and no amount of marketing will convince me that its any more luxurious than a nice automag.

they are try to push a non-custom gun in the one of kind/hand made price point range.

whereas PE makes a few SLwhatvers and theres a few stupid poeple out there to make that worthwhile. an SLwhatever doesn't cost any more to make than a regular ego (or at least not 50% more), the profit margin his huge, if only in limited market.

the luxe however ... if thats gonna be the price point on your only gun, it better be the "must have" gun of the century to keep a company rolling. of course DLX is not a stand alone company, so that might be in there favor.
that reminds me of what Dye is doing with the polished and hand fitted Fuse bolts in some of the PL DM8s

Originally Posted by GreasyPigeon-
Damn son even a mod is ripping on you. Your life does suck

2/8/08-Prom Text message, I was there
shishdisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 07:37 PM #35
L_x
Alex Hodge

L_x works for a Paintball manufacturer
Quote:
Originally Posted by frager84 View Post
yes and no

just wait do 2010 or 2011 and there will be no more new guns

the 2010 or 2011 dm's ego's and even the luxe will drop down to around 400-600 dollars by a 2013
Lol, reminds me of the guy back in the day who said "Everything that can be invented, has been invented"

Totally wrong. As long as there are paintball players and paying customers there will always be new equipment and competition.

Alex Hodge | Freelance Industrial Designer
Facebook
Portfolio
Youtube

Any posts I make are from myself as an individual and do not represent the views of the companies I design for.
L_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 08:01 PM #36
$_H_()_C_K_E_R_Nxt
*TK CREW*

$_H_()_C_K_E_R_Nxt supports Team VICIOUS
$_H_()_C_K_E_R_Nxt has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
$_H_()_C_K_E_R_Nxt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
there nothing special...there just another high end gun...woot... it won't change anything...someone had one local and i think my matrix shoots better than it...its nothing special
Old 05-17-2008, 03:46 PM #37
PbPlayer97
Shred and Keep the Stoke!

PbPlayer97 is playing at Living Legends III
PbPlayer97 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PbPlayer97 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
PbPlayer97 supports Team VICIOUS
paintball guns are jsut like anything else.. you pay for what you get.. An ion is so cheep becouse it dosent require the hours spent milling an aluminum body so it cuts down on the cost but it dosent mean that its a bad gun.. same thing with pmrs... the whole gun class system is only thier since some people belive that mines only better than yours because i spent more... thats false. some companys can produce cheeper guns because they dont have to offset the production cost solely on gun sales... so obviously the lux is going to be expensive since its a brand new concept, and they need to sell it for 1600 to off set the cost to design, test and mass prduce the marker.. im guessing that if their idea takes off that these guns will drop in price in 1 to 2 years.... imo
PbPlayer97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 02:33 PM #38
xSoulsx

Annual Supporting Member
xSoulsx plays in the PSP
xSoulsx owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkersmith View Post
im sick and tired of this nonsense. dose it relay matter what gun some one shoots or dosnt shoot? dose it matter how much someone spends or dosnt spend on a gun? think of this the gun is as good as the person shooting it period. i geuss i got off the question but that was bothering me.

Exactly how i feel...
Old 05-21-2008, 07:13 AM #39
yungice17
________

It would be a new class of paintball players like my little brother. My brother is now 8 years old and he is rocking a ion and by the time he is older he might rock this types of gun from his sponsorships.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:29 AM #40
MstrKey

MstrKey is a founding member
MstrKey is for the Gunfight
MstrKey supports our troops
Wait........this thread assumes there is any class in paintball to begin with

ETEK 3LT, with 14" critical .680 barrel and cure 3 + bolt F/S
MstrKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 02:41 PM #41
PaInTbAlLeRkId253
is Receiving dome.

classes?
Prices?
Guess what, in 6-8 months Ill buy one for 700 maybe 800 in the B/S/Ts and get back to you guys on how classy I feel with it?.

Shooting real guns now.
PaInTbAlLeRkId253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 04:46 PM #42
ohya23

here's a comparision. When Rockefeller had standard oil he was worth an insane amount of money(think 8 times as much as bill gates is today in todays standards and had a couple times more money than the u.s treasury at the time) did he create a new class of millionaire or standard in wealth? not that i am aware of unless there is a super discrete class the super millionaire. Same with the lux there is almost no way to create a new class in pb guns. you might be at the top of a class but that doen't mean that you created a new one.

"The best mode on a smarts parts gun is off."
ohya23 is offline   Reply With Quote