Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-01-2015, 06:37 PM #1
laroo

crossover XVR and Co2

So I am getting a crossover and was wondering your thoughts on co2 use with it. I still have my old 98/s loaded up and I been using co2 on them. I have a 20lb fill station for my co2 and did not want to buy the HPA setup to cover that. I know the pros on using HPA but my main concern is will this gun degrade using co2? Thanks for any input!
laroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-02-2015, 10:36 AM #2
Jay2014

Without a remote, you will be getting liquid CO2 directly into the regulator/ASA. There is a seal there going from the reg into the air tube that might not like being frozen. I am not sure if it will freeze up your regulator, but I guess you will find out.
Jay2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:16 AM #3
Jeenyus^
Pollo Vagabundo

Tippmann does not recommend using Co2 on the XVR!!!!!!!!
Old 02-03-2015, 12:42 PM #4
laroo

Why bother and say it's co2 compatible if it is not recommended, that does not make much sense on their end. I asked Tippmann a bit ago and have not heard back but when I do I will post their response. Jay I will be using it with a remote, just don't want to take the plunge and buy and whole new fill station. Maybe I will just keep using my 98's, played last weekend and had no problem shooting up fools with electronic markers.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:28 PM #5
laroo

yup Jay your right, co2 is fine to use on the gun as long as you get no liquid co2 in the gun. So like you said you need either a remote, anti siphon or a co2 regulator to avoid liquid co2 entering the gun.Either way sounds like HPA is the way to go, way more pluses then co2. Thanks
Old 02-06-2015, 05:39 PM #6
PhillGuy

PhillGuy has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PhillGuy has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeenyus^ View Post
Tippmann does not recommend using Co2 on the XVR!!!!!!!!
Read the manual, you can use Co2 in the XVR. It will not cause damage according to the maual.
PhillGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 07:19 PM #7
laroo

I have been playing a good amount using co2 and a remote in 40-50 degree weather and it works flawless.