Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-07-2010, 11:00 AM #1
SAVVYSLAYER

Tippmann A5 Trouble Please Help

Hello all,

I am having trouble with my A5.

Problem:
The marker will function fine after I screw in the co2 tank and does not start acting up until I have fired around 200-250 shots. After that the gun will begin to chop balls badly, like five in a row and it will also spring a leak that sounds like it is coming from were the ASA enters the gun.

Also, I don't know if this would have anything to do with this but the gun also begins to get really cold around the Swivel Elbow Banjo (the part that screws into the gun) and also around the ASA.

What I have tried:
I have tried switching co2 tanks to new full ones.
I have changed the Valve seal completely.
I have changed the Gas through ASA.
I have changed the Tombstone adapter.

Please Help

Last edited by SAVVYSLAYER : 03-08-2010 at 08:49 AM.
SAVVYSLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2010, 08:08 PM #2
hansolo8221

You'd probably get more informative help if you posted this in the Tippmann forum.

Please clarify for me, you say it starts fine with a full tank, and starts to malfunction after a couple hundred shots. Then you said you tried switching to a new full tank. Does that not correct the problem? Or does switching to a full tank again give you a couple hundred shots before it malfunctions?

Also, please post a little more information about your setup. Do you have any upgrades, accessories, or modifications to your A-5? What size tank are you using? Are you using the stock ASA or an upgrade one?

Oh, and, by the way, the gun getting cold is a perfectly normal occurrence, especially when using CO2. It is a simple matter of physics. Because the gas in your tank is compressed, as you fire it undergoes expansion. This expanding gas sucks up energy, or heat, from everything around it. Most parts of your marker and CO2 tank will get chilled as you use it. It is important to monitor this if you play in extreme cold, fire a lot of CO2, or fire at very high rates of fire; the expanding CO2 can actually freeze, and destroy, o-rings and seals inside your marker.
hansolo8221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:44 PM #3
SAVVYSLAYER

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansolo8221 View Post
You'd probably get more informative help if you posted this in the Tippmann forum.

Please clarify for me, you say it starts fine with a full tank, and starts to malfunction after a couple hundred shots. Then you said you tried switching to a new full tank. Does that not correct the problem? Or does switching to a full tank again give you a couple hundred shots before it malfunctions?

Also, please post a little more information about your setup. Do you have any upgrades, accessories, or modifications to your A-5? What size tank are you using? Are you using the stock ASA or an upgrade one?

Oh, and, by the way, the gun getting cold is a perfectly normal occurrence, especially when using CO2. It is a simple matter of physics. Because the gas in your tank is compressed, as you fire it undergoes expansion. This expanding gas sucks up energy, or heat, from everything around it. Most parts of your marker and CO2 tank will get chilled as you use it. It is important to monitor this if you play in extreme cold, fire a lot of CO2, or fire at very high rates of fire; the expanding CO2 can actually freeze, and destroy, o-rings and seals inside your marker.
Thank you for your VERY informed input.

When I change tanks I will get another 200-250 shots and then the chopping and leaking will begin again.

The only upgrades I have are a metel power tube and a new valve seal. Both of these were purchased off of ebay.

I have a Spec Ops mp5 forgrip and SAW stock.

I am using a stock ASA and have tried replacing it with another stock ASA wtih no success.

The tanks I am using are a JT 24 ounce and a 20 ounce spyder. (both are co2)

Thanks
Old 03-07-2010, 11:56 PM #4
fs8frenzy
im a silly goose

fs8frenzy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
could this possibly be a problem with the cyclone?

try dryfiring and see if you get roughly the same amount of shots or more
Pump Scout has a little dick.
fs8frenzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 12:27 AM #5
SAVVYSLAYER

The cyclone works well when I take it off and test it on my other A5. It does not chop at all.

Last edited by SAVVYSLAYER : 03-08-2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:44 AM #6
BadRabbit
I came to bring the pain

Try taking the upgrades off and see if it still happens.
BadRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:55 PM #7
one_speed_heuer

one_speed_heuer has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
one_speed_heuer has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I bet your problem is the CO2, since it makes the gun cold, it may make the hopper cold enough to chop paint. Check inside the cyclone hopper, mine will chop anything when it gets under 60 degrees F. But it chops inside the hopper, at the paddles. I dont know about the leak though.
one_speed_heuer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 04:05 PM #8
dannyd123
Custom=Sexy

Use a remote line. It will help to warm up the co-2 before entering the gun.

Should solve your problems, leaks, chops and all.
dannyd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 10:09 PM #9
first out

has been a member for 10 years
You can also try having anti-syphon tubes installed in your tanks. It won't help as much as the remote line unless you play prone (laying down) a lot. It sounds to me like the pressure drop and temperature drop are causing less than ideal operation in the system.
Does the white puff of gas out of the muzzle intensify as well?

If you can find someone with an HPA tank who will let you borrow it try that and see if the problem persists.
New feedback system thread.Please post here first for serious deals and to leave feedback.
New Feedback
Old Feedback
first out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:31 PM #10
mountainviewchris
Most Extensively Blue Mod

Annual Supporting Member
mountainviewchris is a Moderator
mountainviewchris is BST Trusted
mountainviewchris is a Paintball photographer
At our store we have had many problems similar to this with the after market metal power tubes. It sounds like this is the problem you are having.

I am also moving this to the Tippmann forum to see if they can be of more help if this does not resolve your issue.

-Chris

Certified for: Planet Eclipse, DYE, Empire/Invert, Tippmann, BT, Bob Long and Dangerous Power with 13+ years experience in the industry, ask me anything, I know more than anyone.
mountainviewchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 02:55 PM #11
Fieldpeice
That Paintball Complexion

Fieldpeice has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fieldpeice has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Hey Eric haven't heard from you in a Long time! Just picked up an a5 but still use the pro carbine. Good to see ya still around. Hope I don't run Ito any problems like this with the a5
Fieldpeice is offline   Reply With Quote