Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-03-2016, 01:17 PM #1
Rustynail17

X7 Phenom Electro not working right?

Ok, So, i watched a bunch of vids on youtube trying to figure this out. I noticed that all the x7's light up green and mine lights up red when trying to change the settings? I bought this gun from ebay ( not gonna lie ) because i got a good deal on it. The guy had 99.9% reviews and kept in contact with me the whole time. The gun had never been shot before which i clarified when i got it. There was no wear or tear or sign of paint. So, my question is what do i do to fix this...

Here is exactly what happened. (kinda weird)

Went to outlaw paintball in tx, bought a brand new battery and of-course i tongue tested it...it was good haha. So, went to the chorno and tried it all out. semi auto worked flawlessly. Fired at about 260fps, not 1 break in about 300 balls. I switched to full auto and it was acting like it was in burst fire mode but wasn't. This is how it went. *=shots * * ** * * *** * * ** somewhere in a 1 1 123 pattern. So, it being new i didn't think nothing of it(yes i tried to hold the trigger thinking maybe i was letting off of full auto). Next day i grabbed my gun and started messing with the settings. Watched a tutorial on how to and did exactly what it said. Hold the button, move the switch to full auto, wait till its full red, let go of the trigger, Click until it flashes red and green and hold. now 1-5 settings, then click back to safety. I tried everything each time connecting air and shooting it nothing worked right...(i disconnected the air source each time i switched). Tried resetting to factory. put on full auto clicked the button and hold for 10 seconds-Nothing happened. AT this point i'm a little annoyed. So i think maybe the battery is bad although it still shows to be charged. I switched the batteries ( still red ) and tried a factory reset again. full auto push and hold 10 seconds, Still no lighting change no nothing just stayed flashing red, However, This time, I tried the (factory) full auto and it seems to work. What i'm not understanding is

1. Why does mine Flash red and not green.
2. Why does the changing of the settings not work?
3. Why did the switching of the battery make the full auto work but both batteries were fully charged?

Thanks,

Rustynail17

Aka, Bobby

Last edited by Rustynail17 : 04-03-2016 at 01:21 PM.
Rustynail17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-03-2016, 03:15 PM #2
paintzapper
Haven fun yet?

paintzapper supports Bob Gurnsey
paintzapper supports Ninja Paintball
What battery are you using? I got a bunch of these from Tippmann and had no problem since:
https://www.tippmannparts.com/TA9900...y-p/gp8777.htm

I had similar issues and a fresh battery with a manufacture reset did the trick.
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 05:29 PM #3
Rustynail17

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintzapper View Post
What battery are you using? I got a bunch of these from Tippmann and had no problem since:
https://www.tippmannparts.com/TA9900...y-p/gp8777.htm

I had similar issues and a fresh battery with a manufacture reset did the trick.

just regular 9v's? do i need a special one?
Old 04-03-2016, 07:30 PM #4
paintzapper
Haven fun yet?

Tippmanns seem to do better on a higher output battery than your standard on the shelf variety. The ones I linked are some of the best I have run across.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:40 AM #5
Rustynail17

Quote:
Tippmanns seem to do better on a higher output battery than your standard on the shelf variety. The ones I linked are some of the best I have run across.

Ok, ill have to give it a try. Do you think that is the reason it lights up red though? I love the gun so far but I would love to use my settings ya know!

Thanks
Old 04-04-2016, 10:53 AM #6
paintzapper
Haven fun yet?

I believe that is a low battery indicator. You may want to double check the manual.
Old 04-04-2016, 01:00 PM #7
Rustynail17

Quote:
I believe that is a low battery indicator. You may want to double check the manual.

Ya that's what I read but you would think a brand new battery wouldn't make it red
Old 04-05-2016, 03:50 PM #8
agurish
War Machine

agurish has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
The fresher the battery, and make sure you use name-brand (Energizer, or Duracell), the better. Off brand/bargain basement batteries don't work right in X7's. I used to buy my batteries at the dollar store, big mistake. They'd run in the gun, but not well, and not for long. Also, make sure you're getting alkaline batteries, not Li-On or rechargeables. The output voltage on those types are insufficient for paintball guns.

Team: The Exiled Souls #42
Death Before Dishonor #117
My Feedback
agurish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 06:58 PM #9
Rustynail17

Quote:
Originally Posted by agurish View Post
The fresher the battery, and make sure you use name-brand (Energizer, or Duracell), the better. Off brand/bargain basement batteries don't work right in X7's. I used to buy my batteries at the dollar store, big mistake. They'd run in the gun, but not well, and not for long. Also, make sure you're getting alkaline batteries, not Li-On or rechargeables. The output voltage on those types are insufficient for paintball guns.

thanks for the advice man!
Old 04-06-2016, 08:51 AM #10
Rustynail17

Contacted tippmann and they said it's most likely the older version of their chip so ima send it in and get it fixed