Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-16-2015, 08:22 AM #1
Jlosier5113

Tippman 98: my journey in starting a paintball field.

Hello forum,
I recently purchased a bulk of Tippman 98s. This hopefully will be my journey of how I opened a paintball field. I hope to keep you posted. I love the sport of paintball and it always was my passion to open a "woodsball" field. This is only one activity of many that will be played at our conference center.

I hope that this thread will serve as a sole purpose of answering questions I may have concerning the markers that I purchased. They are in relatively good condition. I have never bought so many markers at one time. Has anyone bulk bought before. If so, where did you begin? Did you strip each marker down, replace all the seals and o rings, or just replace them as they go bad.

If you have not bought a used marker before, where would you advise me to start? These tippmans will only be used once a week, however, I really want to take good care of them so they last me for years. Any thoughts or suggestions?

(I couldn't upload the picture here so I had to use imgur)
http://imgur.com/x1llISz

P.s. What would be good photographs that you all would like to see on this journey. Field, markers, shop, storage? I don't want to bore you all with meaningless photos. I also hope that I am posting in the right sub-forum.

Thanks all,
Jlosier5113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-22-2015, 10:49 AM #2
nabbiker3
stupidly stupid

has been a member for 10 years
nabbiker3 helped look for balloons
nabbiker3 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Congratulations buddy! I would start by oiling each gun, you can do this by dropping the oil through the Asa and airing it up and firing it a few times. I would fife a pod through each one over a chronograph to make sure they are all properly set. I wouldn't start stripping them down until one fails on the field, if it happens just give someone amother rental and have your staff work on it (make sure they are knowledgeable) tippmanns are bomb proof we have thrown them into water took them out and put a hopper on it and fired, we also ran one over with a Car and it shot fine after. LaSt thing you want to do is strip them all and give yourself a big old headache
"Originally posted by ride4life: woooo 1000 e-points to nabbiker3!!!!!!!!!!!"
nabbiker3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 06:48 PM #3
nadrepadre
your a savage...

has been a member for 10 years
spray them out with a hose and a then some a blast of compressed air. Gas them up and make sure they don't leak(unlikely). Make sure they cycle. Check and make sure the ball detents are intact. That's about it
nadrepadre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 02:56 AM #4
paintmani

hey where did you buy tippmann markers from? I've been trying to reach them but they just won't reply
paintmani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:58 PM #5
cwills

cwills has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
cwills has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Always good to hear about a new field opening up! I love my old Tippmann thing is an ak of the paintball world. find a bulk for the detents. They always wear out after a few years of just one guy owning it. So them being rentals i bet they go faster.
cwills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 03:10 PM #6
Apple 3.14

Apple 3.14 supports Empire
Curious to see how your process has been so far.

Best pics to include are exactly what you guessed.

Keep us in the loop!
Apple 3.14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:19 AM #7
Tidowe
tidowe

Tidowe is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Any update on your progress?
Tidowe is offline   Reply With Quote