Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-30-2008, 09:02 AM #1
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
The Kent Island Sea Monkeys Team Thread

The Kent Island Sea Monkeys are a scenario team base out of central MD. The team has been around for around 10 years now in some form or another, but has changed rosters around quite a bit due to college, careers, and life happening.

Our website

We make it a point to attend 4 scenarios a year:
Spring game TBD
NJ Nam at USANA in Jersey
Russian Front at USANA in Jersey
Battle of the Bulge at OA Paintball in Bowie

That doesn't mean you won't see us at any other games, we just try to make our best showing at the 4 biggest scenarios in the area.

Current Roster:
Steve Biedrzycki - Captain

Josh Ruby - Captain

Jamie Graham

Rob Hoffman

Chris Laird

Chas Shick

Matt Zulick
Jamie Williston
Sean Edwards
Russ Morrow
Tom Johnson

If you do not find yourself on this list but you are on the team, you need to actually come out and play so I can get your picture and information.

Paul Epstein - Photographer
Brian Azar - Webmaster/Photographer

Also on our roster are 5 spies we have enlisted for our benefit. These ghosts are good at what they do and have been helping us for the last two seasons so far. Keep that in mind next time you're sharing a bunker with someone you don't know, he could be working for us...

We are always looking for people to come out and play. No dues or additional costs unless you want to get a uniform t-shirt or jersey. Jersey design is pending, some think it looks good, others "want to vomit" when they see it. Still working on it.

We frequent BOTH of OA's fields and goof off at Taneytown but we're open to travel if the field is supposed to be good. We play scenario but like to play airball every once in a while to let off some steam.

Last edited by stevebski : 07-08-2009 at 03:46 PM.
stevebski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-30-2008, 09:53 AM #2
The Htown Crew
Owner THC

Love the logo.
The Htown Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 05:51 PM #3
RathXU
Arsenal Nation

I hate these nubcakes

RIP Crimsplex

Myspace
RathXU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:31 PM #4
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

Hark! It's the scottish hammer here to spin meat!
Old 05-02-2008, 11:38 PM #5
Revolution_32
Live paintball, Play life

Revolution_32 supports Cereal Killerz 2
I used to work with Ruby at geek squad a long time ago, haha.
#32 Mike Stevens

PAP Family
Revolution_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:42 PM #6
Mr.Crim

need to come to CRIMS Paintball Complex. would love to have you
Mr.Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:08 PM #7
RathXU
Arsenal Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Crim View Post
need to come to CRIMS Paintball Complex. would love to have you

I already play there with the Maryland Militia

Your Field is amazing, Mr. Crim.

RIP Crimsplex

Myspace
Old 05-07-2008, 11:10 AM #8
mcoca01

mcoca01 supports Cereal Killerz 2
What up, fellas? Anyone playing at OA Bowie this Friday night/weekend? I'm not really a woodsballer type but I might be interested in joining your team of bandits for a scenrio or two. Sounds like fun. My name is Miguel-Maiko-Mike w/e, 30, out of Lanham, MD, and I use either a all black PM8, a black/clear PMR SE, or Ion. I'm the big guy, 6 foot, usually in all black with a pair of Avatars, black/red Grillz, or JT Spectras on.
Originally posted by mnkynyrfce, "Paintball is who I am, what I do, and there's nothing like the sound of dry firing or paint rattaling your bunker. I hope you are one of the few I believe in that and will help keep this sport alive" <Spell check and edited>
mcoca01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:58 PM #9
DwnNdrty
MD MILITIA #69

Mr. Crim Rathxu And I Play With Maryland Militia And Have Only Played At Your Field Twice So Far And We Already Love You And The Field. :d

"If the first thing you would grab in a fire is your paintball gear put this in your sig"
DwnNdrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 07:47 PM #10
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

go kiss *** in Crim's thread. Dammit!

Mcocao1, shoot me a pm and I'll give you the info on our team
Old 05-07-2008, 08:28 PM #11
mcoca01

10/4, bro.
Originally posted by mnkynyrfce, "Paintball is who I am, what I do, and there's nothing like the sound of dry firing or paint rattaling your bunker. I hope you are one of the few I believe in that and will help keep this sport alive" <Spell check and edited>
Old 05-09-2008, 10:02 AM #12
DwnNdrty
MD MILITIA #69

i wish they had a thread

"If the first thing you would grab in a fire is your paintball gear put this in your sig"
DwnNdrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 03:17 AM #13
ikey

has been a member for 10 years
hey jamie whats up man, its ike. you know, used to play up there with you at daves.

anyways where do you guys normally play? i am in desperate need of another filed and in dire need of sme serious airball action. delmarva paintball has now lost all hope of any form of speedball, and if i play 1 more game of woodsball i think im gonna die.

Im in Easton. OA isnt bad except they have about 50 forms of the same woodsball field (can you tell i hate woodsball?). any place that is decent an has airball that is free for walk ons?

besides that where do you guys practice? id definitely be up to come and mess around with you guys sometime.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:19 AM #14
RathXU
Arsenal Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikey View Post
hey jamie whats up man, its ike. you know, used to play up there with you at daves.

anyways where do you guys normally play? i am in desperate need of another filed and in dire need of sme serious airball action. delmarva paintball has now lost all hope of any form of speedball, and if i play 1 more game of woodsball i think im gonna die.

Im in Easton. OA isnt bad except they have about 50 forms of the same woodsball field (can you tell i hate woodsball?). any place that is decent an has airball that is free for walk ons?

besides that where do you guys practice? id definitely be up to come and mess around with you guys sometime.
Yo Ike, whats good, you goofy bastard? The KISM scenario squad plays all around. We sort of go where the wind takes us but we definately consider OA our homefield. However, we travel as far as PA and NJ to play at the [huge] scenarios. Given your location, you're kind of sore-outta-luck... unless you're ready to travel north.

For tournaments, I play for Maryland Militia. They practice at Crim's paintball complex in Bear, Delaware. Its a great place to play, learn, experience and meet a ton of new people, including pros. About 20minutes southwest of Crims, is ECX, which is another hotspot.

I don't really frequent OA anymore since Militia practices EVERY Sunday... the way it should be. I think your best bet would be playing at ECX and trying to make a name for yourself there, or you can post a resume up in the Free Agent thread and see who wants to pick you up for a tryout. You're too good of a player for your talents to be wasted on Rec-Woods games.

Good luck, and hit me up if you need anything.

RIP Crimsplex

Myspace
Old 05-11-2008, 03:56 PM #15
ikey

i know. i really wanna stay in competitive play too. my 3 man team has given up teh ghost and soley play pump. i love playing pump too, but i still have my tourney setup. i would love to play all pump x ball.

yeah the closest place is called splat zone, but i dunno if they even exist anymore. im trying to find out. OA- but thats all woodsball unless you pretty much reserve the airball. not exactly walk on freindly.

i cant really play on a team since im only around summers and i guess x-mas break. plus with work i cant say i can reliably play ever weekend (i work at a golf course, so weekends are the biggest days). but i sapose if i played with somebody enough i guess if they needed somebody i could fill in etc. if nothing else ill go to practices to play with ligit teams just for good gameplay. im probably a little rusty though.

yeah all otehr GOOD places are up north there. seems like there is about 3-4 really really good places all within about 10-20 miles. if you play every sunday, ill probably come up one of these days.

oh hey, if i bring my team (well sorta) do they also have walk ons etc? they only play pump. dont get me wrong, they are darn good players, but they really dont play competitively anymore cause of college/money. they will play team practices, but probably not the whole day. pump is very difficult with ligit tourney players to say the least. either that or they will want to play walk ons and teach them a lesson in 1 balling.
Old 05-11-2008, 07:35 PM #16
RathXU
Arsenal Nation

Yeah I believe both ECX and Crims play walk-ons. Crims will let you use your own paint though. Theres usually a pretty good handful of guys who play walkons at Crims every Sunday.

RIP Crimsplex

Myspace
Old 05-15-2008, 03:54 PM #17
mcoca01

NJ Nam Schedule

What's good fellas?
I don;t want to be out of line or anything but i thought I'd post the schedule for the NJ Nam joint that was just posted on thier thread. So here you go...

UPDATED Game Schedule:

FRIDAY:
Gates open: ................. 12 noon
Registration open:.......... 4:00 pm to 9:00 pm
SWAT HOUSE Tourney:... 4:00 pm to Conclusion
Paint Sales/Air open:...... 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Orientation:.................. 9:00 pm with associated COs and/or XOs required

SATURDAY
Food:.......................... 06:00 am
Paint, Air and Chrono:..... 7:00 am to Midnight
Orientation:.................. 9:00 am with associated COs and XOs required
GAME ON:.....................11:00 am to 5:00 pm
GAME DOWN:................. 5:00 pm
Dinner Break:................. 5:00 pm to 6:30 pm
GAME ON:..................... 6:30 pm to 11:00 pm
GAME DOWN:.................11:00 pm

SUNDAY
Food:............................6:00 am
Paint, Air and Chrono:...... 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
GAME ON:...................... 9:00 am to 1:30 pm
GAME DOWN:...................1:30 pm to 2:00 pm
FINAL BATTLE:.................2:00 pm to 3:00 pm
AWARDS CEREMONY..........4:00 PM

ABOVE times corrected in this post. Registration will open 4:00 PM Friday and the SWAT House tourney was also added Friday night starting at 4:00 pm as well. There will be some good prizes to be had for this event so partner up and go two on two in the famous USANA SWAT HOUSE. Last year the winning team, Gods of War, won a pair of limited edition Tac-8 pistols!

There will be a drawing during each orientation for free paint. You must be present to win.

We will also be drawing player numbers throughout the day and post them on the scoreboards for additional prizes. This will help cut down on the post game awards ceremony time.
Old 06-03-2008, 07:05 PM #18
Kabura
Toga, Toga, TOGA

Kabura owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by RathXU View Post
I hate these nubcakes
like you :-P
A TEAM Fan Club #15
Davey Thomas fan#1
11-26-08: I was there, the Chat Box
ΚΔΡ ΓΓ

KentIslandSeaMonkeys
Kabura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 07:26 AM #19
Delmarva Paintball
Collecting Nickles

Hey! Sea Monkeys,

Just saw your team thread and wanted to let you guys know about a scenario game we are having at DP.

It's a Friday night with lights on the field. June 27th. It's going to be mission oriented with one hour games and 10 minute reinsertions.

Entry is just $10 and includes air. Paint is $60 per case or $35 per half. Register early and you get $10 off your first paint purchase.

Give me a call and I can give you the rest of the info.
field 443-260-0959
cell 443-614-4454

Not sure if any of you are on my email list but I will be sending out more info this week.

Good luck to you all and hope at least some of you can make it.

www.TacticalAdventureGames.com
Delmarva Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2008, 11:37 PM #20
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

Nam is coming up. So far from the Sea Monkeys it's come down to myself, Rob, Chris, one of Rob's buddies and Mcoca01. Anybody else thinking about coming? It is one of only 4 a year we make an appearance at guys...
Old 06-05-2008, 12:14 PM #21
mcoca01

Mcoca01 = Miguel or Mike.
Yep, I'll be there. I'll be leaving MD tomorow from Lanham around 12pm, 3pm, or 5pm depending on my job.
ReplyRegional Ups