PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 01-03-2002, 02:38 AM #1
Guy Incognito

has been a member for 10 years
VM Foregrip options?

I'm looking to put a foregrip on my VM; the only option for attachment is from the bolts for the trigger guard (no extra holes to tap, etc. and it comes out the same height as the rear grip). if you've seen it on the For Sale board of late, there's a VM advertised as "Sarge" w/ the style I want. If you can help me find either other mounting options or a grip that would install easily w/ a minimium of extra parts (i've found single-bolt .45 grips from APP for $20, but i need to either fabricate the aluminium grip-lug or purchase an existing grip-lug base off a VM...if you've got one, lemme know). if you have other ideas, i'm open to them, but i still want to keep the "combat-shotgun" feel to it. if you've got pics for suggestions, all the better. thanks for the help, eh.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2002, 07:43 AM #2
Finnigan

you've probably already done this, but I would say check the VM 68 owner's groups and enthiziasts pages.
Just go to google and search fro them. THere are so many I usually run across them looking for other stuff.
Old 01-03-2002, 12:10 PM #3
Guy Incognito

yeah, i've spent some time at vmempire.com, but most of the stuff there is pretty general...i've gotten some good ideas from the custom photos, but now i just need to figure out the "how" part. thanks.
Old 01-03-2002, 12:29 PM #4
Finnigan

I saw someone make a foregrip out of a screwdriver. They just cut the screwdricer off about 3/4" from the handle and threaded what was left.

A friend of mine made a shoulder "T" stock out of a flat steel rod that cost him like $2. He just drilled for the screws, marked approximately where he wnted the bends and stuck it in a bench vise and bent it with his hands. It's pretty sturdy! You could do something similar for the foregrip and the extension to mount it on.
Old 01-04-2002, 01:18 AM #5
Guy Incognito

yeah, the flat rod (prolly out of aluminium instead of steel) is the idea i've already got in the works. the big problem is still a matter of hooking up a grip to it. the grip lug base would be the most basic solution, when used in conjunction w/ a single-bolt grip just like the rear lonestar. the thing is, i still want good aesthetics still, so it has to be an actual pistol grip (something like a screwdriver, while feasible, just won't make it look good).
Old 01-04-2002, 05:10 PM #6
Finnigan

skanline sells a m16 style foregrip for like $12 that comes with an aluminum mounting lug that is made to clamp around a barrel. You could pick that up and just modiy that lug to work. I have one on my XTS, Pic i in the pic. thread. The aluminum is soft. you could probably cut it with a rotary tool.
Old 01-06-2002, 09:37 PM #7
Guy Incognito

well, i've figured it out. all it took was some plate-stock aluminium from Lowes (all of like $2.50) and some new longer metric bolts, just like the trigger-guard bolts. as for the grip, all i need is a grip-lug to bolt into the "drop" that i've made. if anyone has a grip-lug and/or a spare lonestar m16-style grip, please let me know (otherwise, i've found a .45 grip that will work perfectly). the only thing i really need is the grip-lug.