Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
pbbliss plays in the PSP
pbbliss supports Team VICIOUS
pbbliss plays in the APPA D2 division
pbbliss supports Empire
pbbliss is All In
pbbliss is All In
will SPCS have an amateur division again?

Anvil has been out of it for a while (6 months) with no field to practice at, but we're up and running again. SO does anyone know how much interest other teams have been showing for the amateur division?
thanks,
dan.
Anvil
Strange Fan #196
Tampa Bay Damage #63
pbbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-26-2008, 07:06 PM #2
skatinusa
Player/Photographer

skatinusa plays in the PSP
skatinusa plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbbliss View Post
Anvil has been out of it for a while (6 months) with no field to practice at, but we're up and running again. SO does anyone know how much interest other teams have been showing for the amateur division?
thanks,
dan.
Anvil
The only teams that I know of that sign up for the event every so often would be Fierce and Damage D1. It always falls through because what teams want to play each other all day long and have to pay for it? Try contacting Joey of Damage and someone of Fierce to inquire about having them sign up for the next event. The problem with teams that win an event in Novice, what are they supposed to move up to when there is only 2 teams. I think that if there would be one or more already established teams in it, then moving teams up wouldnt be a problem any longer. Hope this provided you some usefull information.

skatinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 09:28 PM #3
pbbliss
Philippians 4:13

Annual Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
pbbliss plays in the PSP
pbbliss supports Team VICIOUS
pbbliss plays in the APPA D2 division
pbbliss supports Empire
pbbliss is All In
pbbliss is All In
i know Joey of Damage & Dan of Fierce and I know that other teams from novice have had to move up. I've read what John wrote on the SPCS website about the lack of interest in the Amateur (OR i'll go ahead and say it - the lack of heart) and keeping teams for the moment in the Novice class.

Florida is very capable of producing some outstanding players if they are willing to step up to the plate and compete. Even if it means getting your socks knocked off a few times. And I know teams go through ups and down. Anvil has definitely been down with no facilities to practice at until just recently but we're quickly getting our rhythm going again and looking forward to some tougher competition again soon.
Strange Fan #196
Tampa Bay Damage #63
pbbliss is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups