PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-25-2008, 10:03 PM #22
Potz4Prez
I am a thinking thing oo~

Potz4Prez is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Haha. The quaker's a triple threat, and Wilford Brimley, well, he's just Wilford.

"Originally Posted by AndyAllen019: Potz is the GDT.."

"Originally Posted by gentimmy: potz ur my hero"

"Originally Posted by AndyAllen019: By far the funniest post I have seen in quite some time[...] Well played, good sir, well played."
Potz4Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-25-2008, 11:47 PM #23
Mr. Speed
agent of chaos

Mr. Speed plays in the APPA D4 division
Mr. Speed has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Sometimes it's small things that make life easier. Something a small as a box of cereal......

Hope you and yours are doing well now Shaka.......

May you have crunchberries everyday!

DRANK 2012 MiLP Series Champs!!!
Mr. Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:21 AM #24
licence_to_kill
Bizarro World

licence_to_kill is reppin' sidebar 4 life
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
licence_to_kill supports DLX Technology
Gotta love the crunchberries.

Only problem is that it hurts the roof of my mouth.

"Most Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists and racist liberal nazis." - John Elway
licence_to_kill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 02:23 AM #25
snowbandit16
Operations Manager :XOR:

I hate it when I'm eating chips and one will break and stab into the roof of my mouth. Bummer.
Old 04-26-2008, 06:29 PM #26
teamx1

What about all the millions of people praying for **** they never get? God just didnt hear them? It was a ****ing coincidence, you got lucky. But that cereal is bomb

"The Original"
TRIPLE X

R.I.P. STEVE 9/4/06 R.I.P.
teamx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:42 PM #27
Mastermind26
We are moons

Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Pure and simply Shaka.
Best read I got all weekend.

CK member #04 (???)
Mastermind26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:47 PM #28
snowbandit16

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamx1 View Post
What about all the millions of people praying for **** they never get? God just didnt hear them? It was a ****ing coincidence, you got lucky. But that cereal is bomb
God isn't a Genie bro. He doesn't grant wishes. He want's to bless you, but it isn't until you pray and align your desires with His that he can do so.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:34 PM #29
madgoat
Troll_Extraordinaire

madgoat has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
crunch-berries are money.....i suspect cap'n crunch himself was behind this fortuitous event.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:19 PM #30
Bluetech (Banned)
dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbandit16 View Post
God isn't a Genie bro. He doesn't grant wishes. He want's to bless you, but it isn't until you pray and align your desires with His that he can do so.
there are millions of people that do that, yet still get jack **** except aids and malnutrition.
Bluetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 11:27 PM #31
snowbandit16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetech View Post
there are millions of people that do that, yet still get jack **** except aids and malnutrition.
You have no clue. Do you have any idea how much effort is going into AIDS research and into African nutritional suppliments?
A maximum effort is being made to help those in Africa suffering from these problems. More can always be done, but with the current resources and cash flow, we're doing what we can.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:55 PM #32
Bluetech (Banned)
dick

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbandit16 View Post
You have no clue. Do you have any idea how much effort is going into AIDS research and into African nutritional suppliments?
obviously not enough.
Bluetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 01:58 AM #33
shaka zulu
OCMI/A5OG OSF

Quote:
obviously not enough.
So, since you're apparently concerned with the issue, what are you doing to help solve it?

Bottomline to this African line of reasoning is this:

I can't tell you why it appears that God isn't doing anything in Africa to help relieve the disease and hunger. What I can tell you is that pestilence and famine have been around since the dawn of time and according to a Christian worldview it's a result of sin entering the world. Also, while God answered this prayer of mine, I've still gone through some things in my life that were so hard I would've rather just gone home to be with God.

So, it isn't like God has all His energy focused on me and Crunchberries as I've endured hardship just like the rest of humanity has at one time in their lives or another. I'm also very sure that if you guys who bring up the Africans were to actually care about that rather than just bring it up here you'd find personal stories of people who experienced the miraculous/providence/blessing in the face of their terrible situations. I know it has happened because I've seen some of the stories. They don't minimize the fact that much of that continent is in a state of turmoil but the stories of hope do exist.
Leave a message and tell us what you think!
Orange County Mobile Infantry
Proudly Supported by:My Wife | SC Village l Tiberius Arms | Tippmann |

Originally Posted by CrazyLittle: Sapiens is a species. NASCAR is a RACE!!!
shaka zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:02 PM #34
Furious_J
bockbock velcrowrapper

Quote:
obviously not enough.
Then please do this: Take all the funds that you spend on drugs/ alcohol whatever and donate it to the save Darfur coalition or an African aids research group.
CK I kneel for Jesus
RL#594

Please support the March of Dimes!
http://www.marchforbabies.org/s_team_page.asp?seid=620728
Furious_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 12:08 PM #35
Mr. Speed
agent of chaos

I believe god helps those that help themselves. Shaka didn't say he wouldn't do anything until I get some captain crunch and EXPECT for Him to deliver. He was possibly blessed because he was in God's favor and didn't expect it.

Besides, want to end aids and famine? Don't have sex. That would be a huge part. I mean, who says, 'I'm not sure what will kill me first aids or famine." And then has kids to which they pass on the disease and make the food shortage worse! They should drop off condoms with the aid they send.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:25 PM #36
snowbandit16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Speed View Post
Besides, want to end aids and famine? Don't have sex. That would be a huge part. I mean, who says, 'I'm not sure what will kill me first aids or famine." And then has kids to which they pass on the disease and make the food shortage worse! They should drop off condoms with the aid they send.
You are obviously oblivious to the current AIDS situation in Africa. In America, you are correct. Africa is beyond that point. The childeren are born with these desieses. It is not their fault they have aids.
I felt the same way as you before attending the "Walk Through Africa" exibit. It is heart breaking, the situation over there.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:30 PM #37
Mr. Speed
agent of chaos

It sucks. I've seen some documentaries and read about some of the stuff that goes on. It really is heart breaking and I feel blessed that I live in this country. If infected people stopped having infected babies then that would help a little. Not to mention if you can't feed the 7 kids you have now, why have 2 more?

Old 04-28-2008, 12:48 PM #38
p8ntballoc11
rack em'

has been a member for 10 years
Thank you for pointing out the smaller things to me.
the creatine has entered my veins. i can feel it raging inside of me. i look down and realize my 11 inch biceps have swollen at least half an inch. i become scared of my own strength. mother knocks on the door to tell me good night, but i tell her not to open the door...i dont want her to see me like this. moments later i catch myself looking at myself in the mirror...i can barely recognize myself.

then i remember the internet is down...and im forced to jack off to thoughts of a girl in my class into a sock. i watch the george lopez show then go to sleep"
p8ntballoc11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:02 PM #39
JRunior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Speed View Post
It sucks. I've seen some documentaries and read about some of the stuff that goes on. It really is heart breaking and I feel blessed that I live in this country. If infected people stopped having infected babies then that would help a little. Not to mention if you can't feed the 7 kids you have now, why have 2 more?
Clearly many of you need to take some courses in Economics! I don't mean this as rude but wow! Firstly, if you want to help Africa, the current aid method is absolutely laughable and terrible. My friends father spent a year one of the African ports (can't remember where sorry) to basically help with import/exports of aid. The corruption was so terrible he could hardly talk about it. Computers were sent and the power bars for them would be 'backed up' for 4 years... He helped set up schools with those computers knowing damn well they'll be broken before the power bars are ever released.

Monetary aid is being protested by the big supporters of African Aid because it all goes into corrupt governments and not to the people. Hell, many of the worlds countries would be wise to STOP selling Africans guns and ammunitions/supporting corrupt regimes. It would also be lovely if the Catholic church would stop banning the provision of Condoms to these areas! I know many of you see sex as a sin, good but you're perceptions are KILLING THEM by the thousands. Give them condoms and let God sort them out on judgment day.

On the topic on aids and sex, unfortunately many girls are raped in Africa, the sex isn't always voluntary and if you blame these victims for catching aids shame on you. Plain and simple. Also, the only economical way of surviving in these areas is large family sizes. This isn't up for debate, the best form of 'birth control' is a higher standard of living. Christians used to have massive families until their standard of living rose and then it shrunk and has continued to shrink across all first world nations. You need farm hands and a labour force to survive in Africa, this is economics people.

Lastly, you want to help Africa? Do it through economic means! Take off the tariffs that plague African goods and makes it very difficult for them to compete in the world markets. IF the entire continent of Africa gained 1% of the worlds GDP the extra money they receive would dwarf the aid the world gives them annually.

IF God does exist, I truly hope he holds his promise that the poor shall inherit the earth because the people of Africa were condemned to Hell of earth - Many of them carry burdens heavier than Jesus did when he died on the cross.

/rant

Jr

P.S - Don't donate money to charity (Christian ones) If you truly want to help these people, send money to the microloan charities that the nobel peace winner set up (and won the prize for). They give out extremely small loans (2-10$ usually) and they have been extremely successful in helping some of the poorest on earth become self sufficient members of their communities.
JRunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:07 PM #40
warbeak2099
That is my foot!

has been a member for 10 years
I'm glad your day was brightened by that experience. However as others have said, it seems quite a bit more likely that your faith created the idea it was a miracle, not the actual event itself.
#12 Italian Baller
“The real test of a man is not how well he plays the role he has invented for himself, but how well he plays the role that destiny assigned to him.”
-Václav Havel
warbeak2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:34 PM #41
shaka zulu
OCMI/A5OG OSF

Never said it was a miracle. To put it non-secularly as I stated in my preamble (I believe).....what you see as coincidence, I see as providence.

Oh, and I actually agree with you on many points JR.
Leave a message and tell us what you think!
Orange County Mobile Infantry
Proudly Supported by:My Wife | SC Village l Tiberius Arms | Tippmann |

Originally Posted by CrazyLittle: Sapiens is a species. NASCAR is a RACE!!!
shaka zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 09:00 PM #42
rmango

rmango owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
...yum...=]
rmango is offline   Reply With Quote