PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-03-2012, 07:40 PM #1
IonBaller07
Joyness, I Has It

IonBaller07 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Babies in heaven

Serious question even though it probably sounds like instigating or something. But what happens when babies go to heaven. Do they just stay in baby form and cry and poo themselves for all eternity. Or do they grow up? Or do they stay in baby form and get grown up intelligence?

I guess no one could know but is there some sort of common consensus as to what happens?
I WANT CHICKEN AND CHI-CHI'S
I WANT TASTE BUDS
IonBaller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-03-2012, 08:40 PM #2
Spock
Live Long and Bluster

Spock is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonBaller07 View Post
Serious question even though it probably sounds like instigating or something. But what happens when babies go to heaven. Do they just stay in baby form and cry and poo themselves for all eternity. Or do they grow up? Or do they stay in baby form and get grown up intelligence?

I guess no one could know but is there some sort of common consensus as to what happens?
Or what about really old people who are completely out of it? Is that how they get to spend eternity?

I think you're making the mistake of equating the mind with the spirit.

But seriously, none if this stuff makes any sense.

Originally posted by matt00iconoclast:
"there are variables outside of physics that will affect the flight of the ball"
Spock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 10:36 PM #3
Daniel.
beer

Daniel. plays in the APPA D5 division
No.

Babies all go to hell.

Just like the mentally retarted.

Read the bible heathen.
Daniel. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:13 PM #4
kitiper68
Dein Tot kommt schnell!

kitiper68 posts videos on PbNation
kitiper68 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
kitiper68 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
kitiper68 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonBaller07 View Post

my faith teaches that when we go to heaven we will take our "perfect form" that is to say that our bodies and minds will be restored to their "perfect" or best state. that is not to say that everyone will look the same as each other or anything like that. we will all still be individuals but in our best possible "physical" circumstances. that goes the same for people who die as babies as well as super old folks.
kitiper68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 03:05 PM #5
ProtoBaller1991
Come to VLN my child

ProtoBaller1991 donated to help Peyton Trent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel. View Post
No.

Babies all go to hell.

Just like the mentally retarted.

Read the bible heathen.
trolol?
PMR Frame/Board F/s
ProtoBaller1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:13 AM #6
wavesport001

Did you know that the soul/body duality is a greek, not a Christian concept? When we go to heaven we go in bodily form I guess, but maybe as a perfect body - like Fabio.

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:57 AM #7
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesport001 View Post
Did you know that the soul/body duality is a greek, not a Christian concept? When we go to heaven we go in bodily form I guess, but maybe as a perfect body - like Fabio.
That's not exactly accurate. The soul/body is very greek, but the Bible tells us that we get a "new body" not a "perfect body" but it's hard to know what the Bible means by that.

Our new body will be incorruptible. Our current body is corruptible. 1 Cor 15:42-44, 1 Cor 15:52-54 (In context: 1 Cor 15:35-58)
Our new body will be glorified. Our current body is dishonorable. 1 Cor 15:42-44, (In context: 1 Cor 15:35-58)
Our new body will be powerful. Our current body is weak . 1 Cur 15:42-44, (In context: 1 Cor 15:35-58)
Our new body will be spiritual. Our current bodies natural. 1 Cor 15:42-44, (In context: 1 Cor 15:35-58)
Our new bodies will be from God, eternal and in the heavens. 2 Co 5:1-5

The Bible tells us that our "new body" will be spiritual, not natural. In my opinion, that sounds like we won't have a "bodily form". But that's simply my opinion.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:00 PM #8
wavesport001

^ Good point, my perception (which I think is fairly common) was that your "soul" will leave your body after death and go to heaven or hell. There doesn't seem to be scriptural support for that idea, except maybe in the verse you highlighted.

"it really doesnt matter what you say on here. if there was truly evidence, it would come from a professor, not from a member on pbnation.com." - Anonymous poster
wavesport001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:58 PM #9
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavesport001 View Post
^ Good point, my perception (which I think is fairly common) was that your "soul" will leave your body after death and go to heaven or hell. There doesn't seem to be scriptural support for that idea, except maybe in the verse you highlighted.
I agree that the Bible says nothing about a soul leaving your body.
Old 02-26-2012, 07:25 AM #10
FuzzyFish

Babies actually do go to hell. Think about it, all thats on their minds is food, sleep and change my diaper. They don't believe in God/Jesus so therefore if they die as in infant their home for all eternity is the pit of flames.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W Bush Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
FuzzyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:20 PM #11
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
It's sort of like Brahman, brah.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brahman

No seriously, most Christian's interpretation of the Bible would deduce that babies burn in hell. Unless you're a Calvinist, maybe? I don't know.

Last edited by MVPaintballer : 02-28-2012 at 07:22 PM.
MVPaintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 08:01 PM #12
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVPaintballer View Post
No seriously, most Christian's interpretation of the Bible would deduce that babies burn in hell. Unless you're a Calvinist, maybe? I don't know.
I would like you to find a single (legitimate) denomination that supports this.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:31 PM #13
Treghc

Treghc is a Supporting Member
Treghc is a founding member
Treghc is a Forum Captain
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
So we aren't born with sin?

Tarsier Slave

We are Sapien
Treghc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:48 AM #14
MVPaintballer
Mega Flagellator

Annual Supporting Member
MVPaintballer is a Mega Moderator
MVPaintballer is a Supporting Member
MVPaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
MVPaintballer supports Bob Gurnsey
MVPaintballer posts videos on PbNation
MVPaintballer supports our troops
Quote:
I can't find a legitimate source... my apologies.

But this is what I do have:

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.
Old 02-29-2012, 12:53 AM #15
kfresh
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
i thought we were all born with original sin and had to work to cleanse our self over our lifetime.
kfresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:07 PM #16
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Once again, there is a big difference between telling me that Christian doctrine is wrong on this and telling me that "most Christian's interpretation of the bible would show" this. If we are now having the discussion about the doctrine of whether babies go to hell we can have that conversation. But please refrain from putting words in my religion's mouth that no one believes.

To answer your question (which a 5 minute google search could have showed you):

-For starters, when David and Bathsheba lost their precious child, David realized that he could not expect to see him again in this life, but he clearly said the day will come when “I shall go to him...” (II Sam 12:23).

Need more?
Old 02-29-2012, 07:26 PM #17
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Once again, there is a big difference between telling me that Christian doctrine is wrong on this and telling me that "most Christian's interpretation of the bible would show" this. If we are now having the discussion about the doctrine of whether babies go to hell we can have that conversation. But please refrain from putting words in my religion's mouth that no one believes.

-For starters, when David and Bathsheba lost their precious child, David realized that he could not expect to see him again in this life, but he clearly said the day will come when “I shall go to him...” (II Sam 12:23).

Need more?
Clearly an example of a man choosing his child over his Lord, and the man choosing to go into Hell, just to see his child again, who had been sent there because he made the mistake of dying before he learned the words necessary to accept Christ, and absolve you of your sins.

A heroic moral tale.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:33 PM #18
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by spracks21 View Post
Clearly an example of a man choosing his child over his Lord, and the man choosing to go into Hell, just to see his child again, who had been sent there because he made the mistake of dying before he learned the words necessary to accept Christ, and absolve you of your sins.

A heroic moral tale.
Clearly indeed.
Old 02-29-2012, 07:38 PM #19
DayoftheGreek
I hate you

Everyone knows that part of the Bible is just a metaphor.

1/30/08: I was there when the plane flew but everyone was still stupid.
DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:51 PM #20
spracks21
Zap Rowsdower

spracks21 plays in the PSP
spracks21 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spracks21 supports Team VICIOUS
spracks21 plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Clearly indeed.
Yes.
spracks21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:29 AM #21
Umami
"That guy"

Umami supports our troops
Quote:

Need more?
I don't think you've shown anything about that being the academic theologian's interpretation.

SOG
I am affiliated with Lurker Paintball. My opinions are my own and do not reflect those of LurkerPB.
Umami is offline   Reply With Quote