Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 09:27 PM #22
iwannaplay

And "Roy's team" has only played one event. If they win or place high in the next one they will be asked to move up also. When they played in the 5 man, they were playing with 3 advanced players on the team with them and since there is only one division in 5 man you can't say they were playing in "advanced" but in the only division.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-27-2008, 10:34 PM #23
HateTrain205

Holy Cow. Im Danny Snow and if you dont know who I am in the state of Alabama then you have been on the moon for the past 5 years. Everyone knows the history I have with Roy Hatch, and I probably have the worst out of anyone. But, if your about to say Roy Hatch isn't fair, then your wrong. Just like everyone, he may make a few bad calls, but in no way would he ever bump a team up in order to better his teams situation. This man plays for fun, not to win, and not for points. He's way too old to have to worry about what up and coming kids could possibly wreck his team. He's even takin the back seat on the control of his own team by not being the captain. If he thinks you need to move up, then you should. Even when I worked and played at his field, he forced me to move to a higher division. Even if he doesn't have talent, he can see it. So quit whining, move up, and shove it down peoples throat.
Old 04-27-2008, 10:50 PM #24
bigfootguy2002
Play Paintball Here!

Annual Supporting Member
bigfootguy2002 is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
bigfootguy2002 is BST Legit
bigfootguy2002 plays in the PSP
Run that "hate train" danny :rollseyes: lol
I am in the same boat with Danny...
although I cannot agree with everything that Roy Hatch does, nor am I an associate of his (to say the least) I have to (mediocrely) agree that he is right in this boat...My team got bumped up mid-season two seasons ago and if you place in two events and won the next two and had to move up...not a big deal, we were ready for it! Rhonda is more than fair and they will evaluate you at the next event(if you play N2) as to whether or not what division you should play.....but stick to it and keep at it....I can guarantee that Roy would not put his situation in jeopardy to let one of his teams win...(win what? Trophys? packs? A couple hundred$?)
And let me tell you (Roy this is for the sake of the thread...im sorry ahead of time)
There is a chance that this is one of the most hated men in the southeast involved in paintball....I dont know why, but apparently a brigade of haters have united here to tell you that he was right in his doing (or extremely close to it)
Good Luck
-Will Lumpkin
N2 Allstars

Central Alabama Paintball Park and Tournament Complex
Minor League Paintball (MiLP)
(205) 837-4177
Old 04-28-2008, 12:03 AM #25
RoyHatch
nos operor is pro viaticu

RoyHatch donated to help Peyton Trent
thanks... wait .. what?
Old 04-28-2008, 01:10 AM #26
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
tonybhall is a Moderator
tonybhall supports our troops
A few points here...

1st, this is not a new rule or something Roy just made up to screw you guys over. This happens almost every single year in ACES. Roy has forced SEVERAL PR teams to move up in the same manner. In just the past 4 years, PR Exile, PR Fusion, PR Mag Daddies have all been forced up based on their performance at early events. So if you think he's just picking on you guys or trying to help out a PR team, you are wrong.

2nd. As was quoted by Roy earlier, this IS part of the rules and was listed in the ACES council meeting notes.

3rd. If PR A-Factor meets the same standard spelled out in those rules (1st or 2nd place at the next 3-man), they WILL move up. Just a little FYI for you, Roy has asked them 2 times to volunteer to move up to advanced, and twice I (as PR's overall team captain) have said "No." Why? Because the rules don't require them too. If they meet the requirements to be moved up, then they'll be moved up based on the rules.

4th. THERE IS ONLY ONE DIVISION IN 5-MAN ACES!!!!!!!!!! Every team that plays in 5-Man ACES plays in the open division. That does not make those players Advanced players in 3-Man ACES.

5th. I was the head ref at the Jan ACES at PBQ and was so impressed with your teams play that I came over to talk to your captain. I had hoped you were a local team so I could recruit you. There is NO DOUBT in my mind that your team plays at an Advanced level. That's a compliment BTW. It has nothing to do with how long you've been playing. It has to do with the fact that you are a very good team. And as PR's Captain for 3 years, I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

6th. Danny Snow hates Roy, so the fact that he's taking Roy's side against you pretty much sums this thread up.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Last edited by tonybhall : 04-28-2008 at 01:35 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:07 AM #27
FreshPooky
I like my fatness

FreshPooky plays in the PSP
FreshPooky is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Your 6th point made me laugh, so true.

Planet Eclipse, Empire, Understood
Avarice
XSV OT
Old 04-28-2008, 02:08 PM #28
ScottQ
lefty scissors

Annual Supporting Member
ScottQ is a Moderator
ScottQ is a Supporting Member
ScottQ is a founding member
ScottQ works for a Paintball manufacturer
ScottQ plays in the PSP
ScottQ supports Team VICIOUS
Never heard of him.

"There are two types of people in this world. Those who love Neil Diamond and those who don't."
Old 04-28-2008, 05:37 PM #29
wildthingthrasher

6th point FTW bryan, lol
Jason "FK" Edwards fan club member #14
pridgedafridge fan club member #32
Old 04-28-2008, 06:10 PM #30
stray traffic

Facts

In the PBQ ACES 3-man the Three Musketeers finished the Prelims in 4th place with 415 points out of a possible 500.

In the semis the Three Musketeers finished in 1st in the even division with 290 out of a possible 300.

In the finals the Three Musketeers beat Last Minute Militia to finish in 1st place.
http://www.paintballquest.com/aces/2...Scoreboard.htm

In the Splatzone ACES 3-man the Three Musketeers finished the Prelims in 3rd place with 390 points out of a possible 400.

In the semis the Three Musketeers finished in 1st place in the odd division with 285 out of a possible 300.

In the finals the Three Musketeers lost to PR A-Factor to finish in 2nd place.
http://www.paintballquest.com/aces/2...Scoreboard.htm

In seventeen intermediate games spread out over two tournaments the Three Musketeers have lost only two. Two games lost out of seventeen is dominance.

If the Three Musketeers move into the open division of ACES 3-man, as it seems likely they will, they will most likely keep their series points, which would place them in third in the open division. Third, even this early in the season, is an enviable place to be. Excluding first and second, any team in open would gladly trade places with the Three Musketeers. The Three Musketeers should be thankful for the skill that has apparently been brought by so little experience, and make the best of a substantial head start on the rest of the open division.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:17 PM #31
JasonG
Serious Business

JasonG plays in the MiLP
Besides all the other points that have been brought up. I am pretty sure if there was some cloak and dagger society conspiracy going on here one of the two mods who happen to be on PR would have shut this thread down and banned you for trolling.

PS I heard Roy masterminded 9/11 and is reaping huge profits from high gas prices!!!!!
Just as iron sharpens iron, one man must sharpen the other. Proverbs 27:17

Paintball is Good
THE place to play in Alabama!
PM tim2thousand4 for all your Bob Long needs!
www.breakoutactionsports.com
Old 04-28-2008, 11:26 PM #32
redneck1545

I personally have no prob bumping up...after evaluation or what not...but this bumping "rule" was brought up at the FIRST event we EVER WON...and has been an issue at the second...I COMPLETLY agree with being bumped after placing in 3 events...but its been an issue since the first, seems were fighting a loosing battle...what good are series points we earned in one divsion and are currently first, to be bumped to advanced and get pummeled for the rest of the year? and if someone could please point out the section in the rule book for aces where it says you have to bump after such and such wins? ive read it so many times my eyes hurt and cant seem to find it... http://www.paintballquest.com/aces/2...ule%20Book.htm
we arent intending to have a "i hate roy hatch thread" here by any means...I appoligzed before for johndeer's hot headed comments before takin the time to think about (and proofread! lol) what he was saying. Again I agree with bigfootguy on the subject of gettin bumped MID SEASON-not after the first win of the season...I have no problem with that at all...but when it was brought up at the very first event it showed us that he and the other field owners had no intentions of letting us play a divsion were supposed to be in.. that and us not being able to find ANYTHING in the rules about seed point bumping procedures or number of wins constitutes a bump led to this thread...and i really hate to have this on PB NATION but we never got validated screen names for the aces forum...we obviously got alot better response about this on the nation...but thanks for all ure responses and hope we havent cause too much of a ruckus over nothin. We'll be talkin to rhonda as soon as possible about whether we can play the next tournament in intermediate or not, that'll prob be the deciding factor in if we attend. Again we will have no quarells about bumping after placing a third time in a row (or at all for that matter) in the top 3 at the next event. but someone could you seriously tell me what section it is in the rules about all this? that prob woulda put a lid on this thread from the get go...again thanks for all ure replies
Old 04-29-2008, 12:08 AM #33
JasonG
Serious Business

JasonG plays in the MiLP
Every year there is a field owners meeting where things like this are brought up and voted on, thats where the excerpt Roy cited came from. It probably has been taken for granted as common knowledge among those "in the loop" and should be integrated into the rulebook. However I'm sure it is something that could have been cleared up with about 2 bucks worth of long distance as opposed to a wall of text rant here. Roy is firm but fair and one of the coolest guys you will get to know in paintball if you put forth the effort. Good luck to you guys none the less just keep a muzzle on the hothead
Just as iron sharpens iron, one man must sharpen the other. Proverbs 27:17

Paintball is Good
THE place to play in Alabama!
PM tim2thousand4 for all your Bob Long needs!
www.breakoutactionsports.com
Old 04-29-2008, 08:04 AM #34
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
tonybhall is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by redneck1545 View Post
but someone could you seriously tell me what section it is in the rules about all this? that prob woulda put a lid on this thread from the get go...again thanks for all ure replies
The quote from Roy was from the 2004 year end league council meeting. This is the meeting where rules and standard operating procedures get officially put into place. This policy has been in effect as long as I can remember. My team (a PR team) was bumped up after 2 events in 2005. I remember 2 teams (both PR) being bumped after the second event in 2004 as well. One of those teams went on to win the Advanced division. Of course, at the time, Roy was accused of the exact opposite. He was conspiring to help a PR team win the Advanced title. Somehow he's managed to come up with a rule that helps PR when they get bumped, but screws everyone else over then they do. Damn, he's diabolical.

I agree it should be added to the official rules, but none-the-less, it has been in effect in the ACES series for at least 5 years. I promise it's not a conspiracy against your team. As a matter of fact, this rule has been applied to more PR teams than anyone else. In 4 years, 3 PR teams have been bumped up. PR A-factor is well on their way to being the 4th. And I'm pretty sure he's not out to do us in.

I'm not saying that stupidity should be punishable by death. But I do think we should remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Last edited by tonybhall : 04-29-2008 at 08:09 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 09:02 AM #35
FreshPooky
I like my fatness

FreshPooky plays in the PSP
FreshPooky is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
I guarantee after all of this there will be a big bold section to clarify who is classified as what and when they are expected and then required to change divisions.

Clarification for the masses.

Planet Eclipse, Empire, Understood
Avarice
XSV OT
Old 04-29-2008, 09:49 AM #36
Big P
ZERO TOLERANCE

Big P is a Moderator
Big P is a Supporting Member
Big P donated to help Peyton Trent
Big P supports Bob Gurnsey
Big P supports our troops
My two cents, I think you always have the choice if your not happy with the way things are ran to not support the series. No one is going to force you or your team to give them the money and play.

If it works, take it apart and find out why.

I do not take PMs in regards to duties as a Mod. Please post all questions about this subject to the TTMA section.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:13 AM #37
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
tonybhall is a Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big P View Post
My two cents, I think you always have the choice if your not happy with the way things are ran to not support the series. No one is going to force you or your team to give them the money and play.
this is true too.. And in an earlier post the guys said this issue might determine if they continue to play the series or not.

Personally, I would hate to see them leave the series over this but I'd hate even more to see all the truely intermediate and beginner teams leave because they don't think it's fair to play against these guys. Most teams in the intermediate level of aces are local teams that are just a step above throw together teams. These guys are a well organized, very aggressive, very talented, sponsored team that traves to multiple states to compete in tournaments. Doesn't sound like an intermediate team to me.

Another reason I'd hate to see them not continue is that I think they are selling themselves short. I feel pretty confident they'll do very well in the Advanced division. They probably wont win 15 out of 17 matches, but nobody does that in Advanced. Like I said before, I've been around the block a few times and I know good teams when I see them. These guys are good. If anyone should be upset about them being forced up, it's all the teams currently in Advanced.

Last edited by tonybhall : 04-29-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:18 AM #38
Big P
ZERO TOLERANCE

Big P is a Moderator
Big P is a Supporting Member
Big P donated to help Peyton Trent
Big P supports Bob Gurnsey
Big P supports our troops
You make a fine point. North Alabama paintball teams have always been close so to see them go would be bad.

If it works, take it apart and find out why.

I do not take PMs in regards to duties as a Mod. Please post all questions about this subject to the TTMA section.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:33 AM #39
tonybhall
Mag Daddy

Annual Supporting Member
tonybhall is a Moderator
They are actually a team out of Big Daddy's Paintball in Georgia. I tried to recruit them at the Jan ACES till I found out they are from Ga. I talked with them a good bit at the Jan ACES and they are a great bunch of guys. I think any series would hate to lose a team like these guys. They play with a lot of class and heart. I hope they stick around... in Advanced.

Old 04-29-2008, 11:25 AM #40
iwannaplay

Field owner meeting minutes were posted on the ACES site for over a year. Just as this year's minutes are posted. BTW, Rhonda has already decided about these guys and will abide by the field owners decisions as stated in the minutes.
The reason advanced division was brought up at the first ACES for these guys is that it was pretty obvious to everyone that they were playing in the wrong division.

Last edited by iwannaplay : 04-29-2008 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:03 PM #41
SC4B
H8

Thumbs up

I hope they play at n2. I havent seen them play and I would like to see what the fuss is about Musketeers sack up and play in advanced you might be suprised.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:24 PM #42
redneck1545

sorry guys but the minutes for 2008 says no where in there anything about classification...i agree with rules and there are rules for a reason but having them on the CURRENT seasons web page would be a tremendous help...course it take months for last tournaments pictures to get posted so i suppose a few decades for rules to be updated wouldnt be out of the ordinary lol...and just to set the record straight about big daddy's...we are in NO WAY SHAPE, FORM, OR FASHION affiliated in any way with big daddy's, as far as our team goes...we didnt have jerseys for the first events and its likely we wont have them for the next few so we borrowed two old bad boyz jerseys...if thats not a throw together team i dunno what is..we dont travel the states playin tournaments either, we play ACES, thats all...we've practiced with bad boyz a FEW times at their field but mostly find any field we can afford to play at when the musketeers can all get together....but by no means do we have any sorta "deal" or sponsorship with big daddy's at all..he is a good guy though..the musketeers love to play together and have worked their but off in the off season but looks like were gonna have to work even harder to compete with anyone now that everyone has "decided" we should play advanced...again hope this thread aint un-earthered a catastrophy or anything but hopefully we can get everyone calmed down and show up at the next event. Appreciate the feedback!
Closed Thread