PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 07-02-2003, 12:10 PM #1
X Pimp
oddballed and crippled

has been a member for 10 years
Exclamation Zeus G2 R.I.S users tell me this.

How well do you think it will work for rentals?
Do you think noobs will manage to reload and change co2 is the zeus that good?

i really would like to use zues RIS because me and a friend of mine has found a place for sale that is inside a mountain and its in 2 levels with alot of rooms(20 to be exact) looks just like it would be taken from tomb raider or some quake game.
it could take at least 50 players before its getting crowded and that would get me some nice blingblings
Zeus g2 R.I.S would look the daddy in that place.
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2003, 08:33 AM #2
X Pimp
oddballed and crippled

..eeeh no one using the Zeus g2 RIS ?
Old 07-05-2003, 03:32 AM #3
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

SynTek is a Supporting Member
I'd say no to this one. I don't think that the Zeus woudl stand up to long term abuse, and for the same price you could get spiders or pirahnas or something along those lines. The reloading of 12 grams and paint after 10 shots isn't something you want your average newbie to have to think about. They will be concerned enough with pulling the trigger in the general direction of the other team without worrying about when to refil their air and such. Puttint them in a high pressure situation and wanting them to perform tasks that require dexterity isn't a good mix, and could likely end up with people just walking off in frustration when they repetedly get shot when reloading. Plus, if you use the zeus in it's 12 gram configuration you will be forced to pick up LOTS of empty cartridges (50 people means at least 50 12 grams in a game, and more probably in the neighborhood of 200-300 if you have a lively round)

If you want cheap firepower, then I think the BEST you can get is the A-5 or 98. Want cheaper, get a spider or a clone. They all have the plusses of being durable and easy to repair, thus they are very rental friendly. If you're looking for guns that don't allow faster rates of fire (understandable in close environs like you describe) pump guns would be ideal. In that category I can only think of the SL-68 II, which is even more of a tank than the other tippans. I don't know about it's availibility though so you'd have to look into that one.
Old 07-05-2003, 03:42 AM #4
X Pimp
oddballed and crippled

aha thanx SynTek

i guess you are right, i will order a couple for my self if i have to challange the whole rental group by my self
Old 07-05-2003, 08:42 AM #5
ace_32
~One Shot, One Kill~

i say no
Old 07-05-2003, 06:23 PM #6
maskedpenisfromvenus

maskedpenisfromvenus is a Supporting Member
standard spyders or tippmans would work better mainly because they can take better abuse, can have C/A, and are 200 ball hopper compatible.
Old 07-06-2003, 02:11 AM #7
X Pimp
oddballed and crippled

thanx Maskedpenisfromuranus

after some thinking we will start with tippmanns c 98 and when we see everything runs smooth we will get a bunch of g2īs to offer for a backup but only with a full load of paint for those who want to look the s..t in that way we can load them and doit without the nOOb stress.