Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 04-23-2008, 01:18 PM #1
PBMT

Back to Basics (Beavertown, Sat May 3rd)

Lets have a day of going back to the basics of paintball, where skill and strategy prevail, where kids aren't afraid to play, where the newest markers don't matter, where you can play all day with only 500 rounds of paintballs!

Paintball has been getting out of control with the with the focus on rate of fire. People new to the sport are intimidated (and for good reason) when they go out to play and people are shooting at them 15+ balls a second. Paintball is more fun when everyone is on the same level, so lets even the playing field!

This is a day of play for ANYONE, its an especially good time to bring a friend who hasn't played before, or wife or kids!

Rules:
MOST IMPORTANT - Leave your attitudes / egos at home, come to have a great time!
Gravity fed hoppers only! (no agitated or force fed hoppers)
A5's still allowed but must have response trigger disabled and e-grips on semi
Electronic markers must be set to semi (no ramping, 3 shot burst, or any of that)
No additional pods allowed on the field. Only a hopper full of paint (200 max)
280 FPS Chrono
Gun hits will count

Time: 10am till we're done!
Location: Beavertown (let me know if you don't know where that is)

There will probably be a couple scuba tanks there (I will bring mine) which means there should be plenty of HPA to share for those using that since we'll be using much less paint then usual.

The guys from Paintballmilitia will be "hosting" this "event". Hope some of you new speedballers who have never played in the woods before can come out and make it!
PBMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-23-2008, 02:27 PM #2
tadavis

tadavis is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
tadavis plays in the PSP
tadavis plays in the APPA D3 division
i think me and my guys might try to make this one, we were actually talking about doin some recball just to have some fun. people have lost the whole sense of fun in paintball.

i tried looking on paintballmilitia for a schedule of when you guys are playing at oak flats. i saw there was some event thing with teams but could not find a date anywhere.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:37 PM #3
PBMT

the Team Eleminations event was this past weekend, sorry you missed out due to confusion but you can always just post up and ask if you have a question. There should be another similar event next month at Oak Flats.

We'd love to have you guys come out! and your right, the fun of paintball is being lost and this day of play will hopefully change that a little. If we have a good turn out (which I'm pretty sure we will) then we'll do it again every so often just to get back to the roots.
Old 04-23-2008, 02:47 PM #4
tadavis

tadavis is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
tadavis plays in the PSP
tadavis plays in the APPA D3 division
do you guys usually have big groups out at oak flats for fun or beavertown?
Old 04-23-2008, 02:54 PM #5
PBMT

both. MrMartin has been organizing some of the larger events at oak flats but we've been getting like 20+ people at beavertown pretty often without even posting anything and just showing up.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:49 PM #6
BounceOff

BounceOff is playing at Living Legends VI
BounceOff supports Team VICIOUS
BounceOff supports Team VICIOUS
BounceOff has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
BounceOff has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Sounds like a great idea. The next big team eleminations at Oak Flats in on May 18th. It would be great to see you and your guys out there tad.
BounceOff is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups