Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 01:54 PM #1
paintballer3

paintballer3 helped look for balloons
paintballer3 is for the Gunfight
paintballer3 posts videos on PbNation
Percs given out by join date instead of who pays

I mean come on, you guys give everything from paintball markers to their own forums.

I am sick of this 14 year old 2k8er who pay 30 bucks and get treated better then a person who has supported this website for four years. Some people have signed up in the very start.

Dont say we dont give you guys anything, with out the 9/10ths (the ones that dont pay) of the population here at pbnation you guys wouldn't being able to charge top dollar for those advertisements i see all over the website.

I want to see some stuff be done for people who have been here longer then every one else, not these little kids with money and dads credit card.

ANGEL ARMY
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2008, 01:57 PM #2
John
Straight shooter with upper management written all over him.

Annual Supporting Member
John is playing at Living Legends VII
John has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
John is a PbNation video producer
Of course our early members helped build this site. We wouldn't be here without you guys. That's why we are always adding site-wide features.

Just this last year we added:
Better feedback system.
Reviews
Videos
More forums than I can count (some private and some public).

If you guys have ideas on what we can do to continue to improve PbN, please post it in the Suggestion Box, but asking for "more perks" doesn't really tell us what you want.
Old 04-22-2008, 01:58 PM #3
paintballer3

i did post in the suggestion box.
did you read my post?

the only private one for us non paying majority is OSST.

ANGEL ARMY
Old 04-22-2008, 02:00 PM #4
John

Annual Supporting Member
Of course. So what are you asking for?
Old 04-22-2008, 02:02 PM #5
paintballfreak312
Animal

paintballfreak312 supports Cereal Killerz 2
paintballfreak312 donated to help Peyton Trent
paintballfreak312 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballfreak312 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballfreak312 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
I hope you know, many of the ASM users aren't "little kids with money and dad's credit card", a lot of us work for the money we have. I for one, am a 17 year old senior. I payed for $30 because I wanted to be able to search when ever I needed to.

From what I've seen, I there hasn't been a 2k8er that bought asm treated better than someone that has been on this forum for 4 years. I respect many people that have joined near the very beginning of PBN, but then there are some that are barely on and have done very little for the forum.

You had the chance to be an original SM and get ASM at nearly half price, but you didn't take that chance. Now you're asking for things? You should have taken that chance when it was there.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:04 PM #6
paintballer3

Contest given to us non payers, even if it is an uban or a free up.

One unban given out after 4 years of service to website.
One free up given out after 3 years of service to website
More forums dedicated to people baised on join year. One for the people 01-03, 01-05, then every one else.

that should be good enough for me

ANGEL ARMY
Old 04-22-2008, 02:05 PM #7
paintballer3

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballfreak312 View Post
I hope you know, many of the ASM users aren't "little kids with money and dad's credit card", a lot of us work for the money we have. I for one, am a 17 year old senior. I payed for $30 because I wanted to be able to search when ever I needed to.

From what I've seen, I there hasn't been a 2k8er that bought asm treated better than someone that has been on this forum for 4 years. I respect many people that have joined near the very beginning of PBN, but then there are some that are barely on and have done very little for the forum.

You had the chance to be an original SM and get ASM at nearly half price, but you didn't take that chance. Now you're asking for things? You should have taken that chance when it was there.
Last time i checked you weren't a moderator, so get out.
ok thanks bye.

ANGEL ARMY
Old 04-22-2008, 02:06 PM #8
paintballfreak312
Animal

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer3 View Post

More forums dedicated to people baised on join year. One for the people 01-03, 01-05, then every one else.

What do you mean by "service to website"?

You're here by your own choosing. This website isn't your job. You aren't doing any "service" by being here. This isn't the army.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:07 PM #9
paintballfreak312
Animal

Quote:
Last time i checked you weren't a moderator, so get out.
ok thanks bye.
Last time I checked, anyone is allowed the post in threads made in the suggestion box.

You want things for non supporters, but then go and bash on other members. Why are you so deserving for such things?
Old 04-22-2008, 02:08 PM #10
DaveEllis
LA FLAMA BLANCA

DaveEllis is a Mega Moderator
DaveEllis is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
DaveEllis donated to help Peyton Trent
DaveEllis supports Bob Gurnsey
DaveEllis supports our troops
Quote:

Contests are open to all:

Fine print and rules:

By entering this contest you agree to the following terms and contest rules:

Contest open to legal residents of the United States for this one who are of the age of majority in their state of residence (19 or older in AL and NE, 18 or older in all other states) at the time of entry, or who are between 14 and the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of entry. Any minor who is eligible to receive a prize must submit a parental consent form signed by a parent or legal guardian prior to receiving a prize. This is after you win...

You can also mail in an entry by sending a postcard with your full name, email address and PbN user name to::

Luxe #1
c/o PbNation
2107 N Decatur #449
Decatur, GA 30033

All postcards must be received no later than 3pm EST April 29th, 2008.

Winners will be chosen at random and announced on PbNation on April 29th, 2008. Only one entry per person. Winners may not request substitutions of prize winnings. All winners are solely responsible for any and all taxes and/or fees, and all such additional costs that may be incurred. Only one prize per winner. Winners have 72 hours to claim their prizes.

-------------------------------------------------------

In some cases time on website does not necessarily equate to 'service' and in regards to things such as unbans, we have implemented the infraction system instead of using bans for simpler offenses. If someone has a good history on the site and have been well behaved there may be more leniency given in regards to infractions and bans. Such things as special forums for OG's are something completely out of my control and would have to be looked at by the higher ups.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:14 PM #11
John

Annual Supporting Member
Guys, please stop arguing about who is more important. Now.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:16 PM #12
RuFiO13
Doogan

No need to be rude...

This is the Suggestion Box open for everyone to add their opinions to whatever is being suggested. ASM members aren't treated any better than anyone else. We are mere product buyers.

I wouldn't necessarily call anything in the ASM package "perks." ASM is a product and everything that is a part of the package we buy.

Non-ASM can enter the contests they just need to send in postcards.

I don't see the need for an unban even for ASM really. You really have to work to get perm banned.

I don't think people that have joined earlier than others or dished out the cash for ASM deserve any special treatment.

EDIT: Man I post slow...
Old 04-22-2008, 02:17 PM #13
paintballer3

Ok, so moderators that is all i really want. I want to start feeling appreciated for being here as long as i have.

ANGEL ARMY
Old 04-22-2008, 02:23 PM #14
CacknBolls
RYAN GOOD

Annual Supporting Member
CacknBolls plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuFiO13 View Post
No need to be rude...

This is the Suggestion Box open for everyone to add their opinions to whatever is being suggested. ASM members aren't treated any better than anyone else. We are mere product buyers.

I wouldn't necessarily call anything in the ASM package "perks." ASM is a product and everything that is a part of the package we buy.

I don't see the need for an unban even for ASM really. You really have to work to get perm banned.

I don't think people that have joined earlier than others or dished out the cash for ASM deserve any special treatment.

I agree with that totally.

What your suggesting here is that just because you show up at a restaurant you should get free food because you show up there all the time, and that you want just a much food as the people that come in a pay for it because you were there for longer, but did not pay?

Polar Geo 2.1

Need your tank Hydroed cheap ?? Pm me.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:26 PM #15
paintballer3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CacknBolls View Post
I agree with that totally.

What your suggesting here is that just because you show up at a restaurant you should get free food because you show up there all the time, and that you want just a much food as the people that come in a pay for it because you were there for longer, but did not pay?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RuFiO13 View Post
No need to be rude...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Guys, please stop arguing about who is more important. Now.
Am i the only person who listens to a moderator any more.

ANGEL ARMY
Old 04-22-2008, 02:29 PM #16
CacknBolls
RYAN GOOD

Annual Supporting Member
CacknBolls plays in the APPA D4 division
I am not arguing about importance. Just like any other suggestion thread you post an idea, you get other opinions from other members. I'm just stating the flaw in your idea.

Polar Geo 2.1

Need your tank Hydroed cheap ?? Pm me.
Old 04-22-2008, 02:34 PM #17
Raion
Girl w/a Gun

Raion plays in the APPA D5 division
well my join dat is the same as your but still choose to get asm. I think the only thing we should get is respect from other members. when u pay for asm, you are supporting and paying for services. You deserve extra cause you did extra. being a member since 04 doesnt mean anything except since you have been a member since 04
Old 04-22-2008, 02:37 PM #18
RuFiO13
Doogan

Quote:
Am i the only person who listens to a moderator any more.
If you think I was arguing about who was more important than you missed the point completely.
Old 04-22-2008, 03:10 PM #19
NoelyDeezNutz
Rebel against

NoelyDeezNutz plays in the USPL
NoelyDeezNutz plays in the PSP
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NoelyDeezNutz owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
NoelyDeezNutz is a top reviewer
Quote:
Ok, so moderators that is all i really want. I want to start feeling appreciated for being here as long as i have.
so do what a lot of us have, and donate... buy the service of ASM... and stop whining...

join date really shouldnt have ANYTHING to do with perks... it just means you signed up on a site before someone else...

the people who help sites like this grow, are the ones who donate and the ones who truly help out... not joining and posting, thinking that THAT act is a service and they deserve to get some benefit from it...

you CHOOSE to come here... this isnt middle school, where you get perks for nothing...

you have access to THE largest paintball forum in the world, you have a HUGE B/S/T area... and you have a chance to add your voice to the mix...

We, ASM, have the same access, but because we chose to support the site and what its done for us, or whatever the view was in terms of donating the money, we get some extra stuff... why should you, or anyone else for that matter, be given the same rights that someone who gave money to the same site?? answer is... you shouldnt...

sorry, but its the truth...
Old 04-22-2008, 03:27 PM #20
RuFiO13
Doogan

I think you should have listened to John...

ASM by all means really isn't a donation but rather a product. ASM are no better than anyone else on the site. There are many people who are not ASM that help the site grow by being helpful and technically all traffic here helps the site grow in some way.

I think the idea of special forums based on join date isn't a completely horrible idea I don't know how well it would turn out. OSST really isn't all that great but who knows.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:04 PM #21
psppaintballer
hi

psppaintballer donated to help Peyton Trent
psppaintballer helped look for balloons
Join date has nothing to do with anything. Granted I have more respect for those who have been on this site longer than I, but why do they deserve anything more? Because they choose to be here in this wonderful environment and post? Every member that joins this site is a great help to the success of PbNation. You say 9/10's of PBN is not ASM, and you are probably correct, but many of those members joined in 2006-2008. You seem to be more concerned about 2001-2004 than the other members that contribute just as much as you. Of course since someone pays they are going to get more privileges than those that do not. I choose to pay the $30 because of those privileges and my desire for this site to grow and more importantly this great sport we call paintball to grow aswell. All in all my point is that every member is a great asset, old members and new members alike, but if you really wanted to support the site, not just by your presence, and this sport you would pay the $30 which would get you the perks you are talking about. Also one last thing is, they are doing pleanty of new things for all members. Sure us ASM's might have our own BST forum, but they are making local BST forums too, so I'm not quite sure what more you want them to do for everyone (since that is who your suggestion should be for (everyone) and not just your personal wants).
Closed Thread