Community Focus

Old 04-19-2008, 02:17 PM #1
TheePsycho
Sadist

TheePsycho is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
TheePsycho is playing at Living Legends VII
Building from scratch

I've just decided to build a new cocker recently and so far this is what I all bought. Just had a question as to anything I'm missing for my build. I know I don't have a bolt, ball detents, and front block and asa because I really don't know which one to get for my build. Going to have the merlin sent out for milling and mini cocker conversion just need to figure out where would be good to send it.

What I have so far:
JMJ Featherlite Merlin Body
WGP 2K Mini 15 Deg Front Block
2x Bolts/sleds/pins (one with o-rings & one without)
Mini Pump Arm
MQ 2
Fierce Frame
CP Trigger
Palmer Quicker Ram w/ QEV
Palmer LPR
Lever lock feed neck no rise
WGP Valve Retaining Screw
Kila Magnetic Detent
P.E. front block solenoid
Tadao Yakuza USB board modified w/ micro switch
CCM Merlin Adapter
CCM 2k Pump Kit w/ EZ Grip
Misc, screws

Needs to be done still:
Anodize

I'm sending my merlin out for it's final milling this month but I'm really having trouble figuring out what Frame to use. If I get a FBM Fierce frame its just more like the Merlin of Doom. I would like a 90 degree angel frame but I'm afraid the yakuza board wouldn't fit even milled but I don't have one to confirm. Now my other option would be a Z Frame and I like the idea of that but again have no way to know if that will fit as I have yet to see one in person without just buying one blindly. What do you guys think?

Just purchased a Valhalla frame and just have a couple of custom pieces left to be made.

12/14/2009 Valhalla frame arrived today and so did my body back from Elia Paintball. Decided to do a mock up of all the parts so Ruler Mark would have something to look at.

Here we go.

Found out that I need to cut the front of the frame off and then make a new mounting hole. I guess I want some more milling for the body and the top of the frame so they match the body, we'll see what we can accomplish.

*Got the Merlin back from the mail today and decided to throw it somewhat together to show everyone what it looks like now.

Still needs the wire passage on the body a little deeper, custom pump arm and to shave part of the inside of the frame to allow the tadao yakuza board to fit in there.

Here are the latest pictures with the frame altered to fit a E2 board, wire channel has been made wider and frame can now mount to the body as well as break beam eyes and aluminum eye covers.

Whats left is needing a custom pump arm made, cutting some screws, trimming the eye covers on the bottom, dremeling the grip to be able to fit the capacitor and adding a microswitch to the board so the trigger can activate the board.

Last edited by TheePsycho : 07-10-2013 at 06:19 PM. Reason: New Update
TheePsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-19-2008, 03:47 PM #2
Terrorfakt
High Fiven' White Guy!

Ur chopping up a merlin?!?!?!? WHY? Is it a raw body merlin?

missing a cocking rod, just get one that looks good, it's only for looks and stabilizing the back block anyways. Also, don't forget the IVG to hold the MQ in, plus the valve setscrew.

My recommendation is to forgo the MQ2 and get a tornado valve and all AKA internals. The tornado and LP operation of a merlin is really what makes it a merlin. A low-mid pressure operation of a MQ valved gun is really just another E-Cocker, only this is an e-cocker wearing a Merlin suit.

Do consider not drilling for eyes as well. If you tune the E2 right you might be able to get away with eyeless operation.

Good luck, keep it real!
Terrorfakt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 06:18 PM #3
tipp98chopshop
Don't worry, Be pwnage

tipp98chopshop helped look for balloons
nah, hack that baby up if you want a great performing gatalat
tipp98chopshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 07:52 PM #4
cocoloco

dont chop it. tonado valve is good and all but nothing compares to the mq eblade cocker.
red E2 midblock#7 ,green ebladed miniblock ,blue rf autococker,mini merlin, E1 merlin,2old shockers,boyah automag,purlple sterling pump, ,micromag,black 02 cocker and mephisto tribal,03 shocker,
cocoloco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 08:43 PM #5
Terrorfakt
High Fiven' White Guy!

*sigh* soooo smooth, sooooo fast Zero movement before and during shot, soooo accurate
Old 04-20-2008, 01:21 AM #6
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

if its a raw body, remove as much metal as you want...

for parts, you probably need to get all the orings and screws and all the small tidbits..
Rebel_816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:34 AM #7
thatdoolinkid

If you are actually going to go through with this then you need a few things.

#1 Tell me you are buying the one with the reflective eye. It would break my heart if you're getting the one I'm trying too.

#2 CALL AKA and get the mini front block (the ASA is part of it). Any other front block won't work. Also get the front block bolt from them. No other front block bolt will work. You'll need 2 detents and springs from them as well. Ask for the Viking/Excalibur plastic detents.

#3 There is no place that currently exists to my knowledge that will mill a cocker other than Jcurt's halfblock conversions (not to be confused with JCM who isn't taking any business). He may or may not do what you want.

#4 get an AKA threaded feedneck.

#5 depending on if you are half/mid-blocking the gun or leaving it full size then get a bolt that will work for it. You'll also need a backblock.

#6 Read the Moody cocker guides if you haven't already

#7 I forgot what #7 was. I'll update this when I remember

"The problem isn't a need for more 'idiot proof' guns. The problem is they keep making better idiots!"
-anonymous
thatdoolinkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 01:36 AM #8
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

would docsmachineshop mill stuff? i was thinking about using him once i get all my parts together...
Old 04-20-2008, 01:43 AM #9
thatdoolinkid

If you want to wait a whole year.......

"The problem isn't a need for more 'idiot proof' guns. The problem is they keep making better idiots!"
-anonymous
Old 04-20-2008, 02:55 AM #10
arpie

Destructive customs is the way too go, some amazing stuff they put out.

Arpie
arpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 03:45 AM #11
thatdoolinkid

Yeah, but DC is too busy with Vikings and Excaliburs, especially since they just finished their 04 Excalibur code and are working on the 03.

-anonymous
Old 04-20-2008, 05:18 AM #12
DeathOfAllThings

DeathOfAllThings is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrorfakt View Post
My recommendation is to forgo the MQ2 and get a tornado valve and all AKA internals. The tornado and LP operation of a merlin is really what makes it a merlin. A low-mid pressure operation of a MQ valved gun is really just another E-Cocker, only this is an e-cocker wearing a Merlin suit.
What makes it a merlin is the giant valve chamber... it prevents shootdown, especially when it's a mini, which is good to have when you MQ it and shoot high ROF. It also allows for a lower operating pressure than regular cocker, even with an MQ. You could easily put the 11/16 tornado valve from the merlin in an SR, or a Black Magic, and it would not make it a merlin. Not to mention merlins have the high flow front block and frontblock bolt, aka feedneck, etc. Merlins with MQ's are definantly Merlins not Cockers in merlin suites, you can tell by the performance.

No reason not to drill eye holes in a regular merlin, AKA still sells them new. But, if you cut a hole in a FL or a V2, I will track you down and kill you though.
My Evil M Another Angle (Work In Progress)

My Midblocked MQ'd Pump

Last edited by DeathOfAllThings : 04-20-2008 at 05:24 AM.
DeathOfAllThings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:07 AM #13
AmazingBilldo
I..... win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathOfAllThings View Post
No reason not to drill eye holes in a regular merlin, AKA still sells them new. But, if you cut a hole in a FL or a V2, I will track you down and kill you though.
and i'd gladly pay the tab.

"...I had to be at that there crossroads last midnight, to sell my soul to the devil."
"Well ain't it a small world, spiritually speaking? Pete and Delmar just been baptized and saved. I guess I am the only one here that remains unaffiliated."

Cocker parts for sale:
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3735953
AmazingBilldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 10:32 AM #14
TheePsycho
Sadist

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdoolinkid View Post
#3 There is no place that currently exists to my knowledge that will mill a cocker other than Jcurt's halfblock conversions (not to be confused with JCM who isn't taking any business). He may or may not do what you want.

Never heard of Jcurt's but I already have all the parts above except for the body, reflective eye and I bid way too much for it but who cares.

I was probably going to send the body to palmers-pursuit.com and get the ultra mini cocker conversion done there. My local airsmith has done what I want but he doesn't have the time and said it would sit on his bench for at least a year.
Old 04-20-2008, 11:55 AM #15
thatdoolinkid

PPS would probably do it, but I'm not sure if the price they'd give you would be in your range. I guess it won't hurt to ask though.

BTW, thanks for not bidding on the break-beam one.

-anonymous
Old 04-20-2008, 12:31 PM #16
TheePsycho
Sadist

Yeah I wasn't wanting to use a race frame or a morlock board or universal t board for break beam eyes.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:42 PM #17
Rebel_816
Don't eat that....

elia will mill stuff, but they seem rather pricey..

speedscustom put break beam eyes in my sft, he said he could probably mill anything i needed...he did a very good job and for a great price.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:54 PM #18
Terrorfakt
High Fiven' White Guy!

DOAT....

Just because you chopped up a merlin

Still say he should put the tornado in there along with all AKA internals.

Post some pics man, kindof hard to judge whether or not to mill a merlin if we don't know what it looks like now.

Oh yeah, going against myself, MQ2's make ur gun REALLY good. I mean amazingly good. So if you do put one in there, it will kick ***. If you put a tornado in there, it will kick ***.

But the MQ2 will kick more *****
Old 04-21-2008, 12:23 AM #19
dagmar31
Baylor Paintball

dagmar31 donated to help Peyton Trent
dagmar31 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Sushifish11 does custom machine work for pretty cheap
Baylor Paintball Alumnus #1
President, 2008-2010

Old Feedback
dagmar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:29 AM #20
xxxfrankensteinxxx
**** smart parts

no talk to marc at tarantula he does amazing work

DEATH TO SMARTPARTS FAN #1
predator impulse
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...4#post50154564
xxxfrankensteinxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 12:37 AM #21
DeathOfAllThings

DeathOfAllThings is a Supporting Member
Actually getting ahold of tarantula is the hard part. His milling is top notch though.
My Evil M Another Angle (Work In Progress)

My Midblocked MQ'd Pump
DeathOfAllThings is offline   Reply With Quote