Old 04-22-2008, 03:36 PM #128
Alpha Q Up
G.T.O.L

has been a member for 10 years
Alpha Q Up plays in the PSP
Alpha Q Up owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Alpha Q Up has been published on the PbNation Youtube Channel
Alpha Q Up supports Empire
All year NEIC said how good they are and how NEIC gonna dominate at nationals and yada yada. Hopefully by now all the internet bull**** talking is finallyyy over. Ever since nationals last year I been reading this and that about the all so sweet NEIC. Drexel in particular.. makes themselves looks so sweet on nation and everyone supports Drexel for some reason and they never seem to prove themselves. Anyways.. the MW finally got their recognition and we all proved that we are ballers and NEIC is in no way stacked. Either way.. to ALL teams who played nationals and made this my most fun event yet!
Alpha Q Up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 03:46 PM #129
swirly1127

swirly1127 is an NCPA National Champion
swirly1127 plays in the APPA D4 division
Congrats OU on your 4th place finish. Everyone brought their A game and it was awesome to see.
Unfortunately Killed by Jim Beam and Drexel University Administrative Politics
swirly1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:00 PM #130
UMDpaintball
TMNT4life

UMDpaintball owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
UMDpaintball is an NCPA player
UMDpaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Q Up View Post
Anyways.. the MW finally got their recognition and we all proved that we are ballers
But Ohio isn't in the Midwest conference.

Paintball Adventure Park
University of Maryland
UMDpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:38 PM #131
Xcato
Midwest Hustla

Xcato supports Team VICIOUS
Xcato is for the Gunfight
Well It Damn Well Should Be.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:43 PM #132
d4a2v0e

OU got 3rd place swirly... IDK what you were trying to say there but ya.

and the MW and GL combined this year because the GL conference is always loosin teams and what not. Either way Ohio is MW and we will rep it to the fullest. I personally hope we stay in the same conference as the Illinois teams because the matches are always good, we are all tight and all have mad respect for eachother
d4a2v0e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:47 PM #133
swirly1127

My bad on that, thought it was fourth. Congrats on 3rd.
Old 04-22-2008, 06:44 PM #134
Mjboyd

ohio had a great tourney..and we really appreciated the support...see you guys next year
Illinois State Redbirds #17
2008 A and AA NCPA National Champions

Sponsored by: Bud Light, Farmer's Insurance, Sudden Impact

Ego7 Dust Black/Red Parts
Mjboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 08:53 PM #135
Swantonbomboy

Annual Supporting Member
Swantonbomboy is a Supporting Member
Swantonbomboy plays in the PSP
Swantonbomboy plays in the APPA D4 division
Swantonbomboy is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintsprayerrr View Post
Just for the record, in the finals VT won 2 of the 3 games with flag hangs. We got second due to something that occurred after the game was over, that actually never really occurred. But lets just leave it at that. Cal has their story and we have ours. In the end they were given 1st and us 2nd.
Yea, congrats to VT. You guys played an awesome game. We all saw the type of game that Cal. played.

I wish I could get a pro player as well as some D2/D3 players on my squad as well. I think we'd fare pretty well in AA too.
Old 04-22-2008, 09:52 PM #136
cal_85
r my balls on ur face?

i can feel like platville will do pretty good in AA or whitewater
Old 04-22-2008, 10:03 PM #137
Apierevolutionist

Apierevolutionist is an NCPA player
Apierevolutionist plays in the APPA D5 division
We (platteville) need to do something about 2 day tournaments, we do great one day and then come back the next day and somethings different so we need to get over that hump. That and a team we played in the first round of playoffs got away with a very bad call so that ended our run to finals.

but thanks for the support, it feels good to finally get some. next year will be different
Apierevolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:45 PM #138
LAsk8r37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coeus View Post
Illinois had their Red Army, which never seemed to get tired in all their matches
hahah hell ya, ISU Red Army, I like the sound of that

MW

ISU Redbird Paintball- The Real 2008 National Champs!!
LAsk8r37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 11:35 PM #139
Chaos
www.ProPaintball.com

Chaos owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
The bar has been raised ladies and gentleman, it was a great trip and all of us from the West Coast had a great time and plenty of funny stories when we got home. Thanks to everyone who played, we look forward to seeing you all next year. A lot of teams out there were great ballers, and I met quite a few people off the field that were extremely nice and sincere to the sport. Lets bring more talent and competition in and keep the NCPA going strong.

Also, I've talked to my team and some from the other, and we have no hard feelings and I hope thats reciprocal. Wish we could play together more often as there is a lot of talent on both sides
HAASE #09 // Pro Paintball - The Source

CreativeMade™
- We redesign your business image. CSULB Paintball- National Champs
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:05 AM #140
Deimus85
Playground Legend

Deimus85 is a Supporting Member
Deimus85 plays in the PSP
Deimus85 is an NCPA National Champion
Deimus85 plays in the APPA D2 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos View Post
The bar has been raised ladies and gentleman, it was a great trip and all of us from the West Coast had a great time and plenty of funny stories when we got home. Thanks to everyone who played, we look forward to seeing you all next year. A lot of teams out there were great ballers, and I met quite a few people off the field that were extremely nice and sincere to the sport. Lets bring more talent and competition in and keep the NCPA going strong.

Also, I've talked to my team and some from the other, and we have no hard feelings and I hope thats reciprocal. Wish we could play together more often as there is a lot of talent on both sides

Playground Legends/Fast Five/Drexel University NCPA Alumni/Bulldogs Athens Millennium/Washington Winstons
Feedback
Deimus85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:09 AM #141
madrick5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apierevolutionist View Post
We (platteville) need to do something about 2 day tournaments, we do great one day and then come back the next day and somethings different so we need to get over that hump. That and a team we played in the first round of playoffs got away with a very bad call so that ended our run to finals.

but thanks for the support, it feels good to finally get some. next year will be different
Haha. NEU seems to have the same issue. We go 8-0 in the prelims at the Frostbowl and then go 1-2 in the Semis to finish in 7th. At Nationals we go 6-2 in the prelims to make it to Sunday and then go 0-3 on Sunday and finish 16th of the 16 teams that made it to Sunday. We can't seem to keep the same intensity from the prelims to later rounds.

Regardless, mad props to VT and all the other AA teams. We (NEU) had a great time and we all thought the 1300 mile trip was more than worth it.

A special thanks to all the ballers over at UConn who helped us out with extra markers / loaders as this event was not kind on our equipment. We had more equipment go down in one tournament then we've had go down all season.

With that said NEU looks forward to catching the beginning of AA season in early September and looks forward to ballin' with all the NEIC teams once again.

-Rick
madrick5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:34 PM #142
TN Paintballer

University of Tennessee on top baby!!! woot
TN Paintballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:05 PM #143
TSTWILL
Univ. of Maryland Captain

TSTWILL is an NCPA player
TSTWILL plays in the APPA D4 division
OU... we smashed you in the prelims, and you got sundays handed to you because they way they seeded... I'm pretty sure NEIC would have seen finals if the refs would have called a fair game for UCONN or Maryland against UCI. Good job on being handed 4th place, oh and by the way... how bad did you lose on Sunday?
GEAR BAG SALE!
TSTWILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:41 PM #144
dlee1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSTWILL View Post
OU... we smashed you in the prelims, and you got sundays handed to you because they way they seeded... I'm pretty sure NEIC would have seen finals if the refs would have called a fair game for UCONN or Maryland against UCI. Good job on being handed 4th place, oh and by the way... how bad did you lose on Sunday?
you don't see uconn or maryland folks in here whining about what happened against UCI. both teams played their hearts out and the result could have gone either way.

you coming in here talking **** only makes whatever you're trying to prove seem worthless.
dlee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 11:49 PM #145
OneToExist
The only One.

OneToExist has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by madrick5 View Post
Haha. NEU seems to have the same issue. We go 8-0 in the prelims at the Frostbowl and then go 1-2 in the Semis to finish in 7th.

Less More On Saturday night.

Edit: Why is there no drinking smiley? Edit2: Or sleeping smiley...
Old 04-24-2008, 12:40 AM #146
DFAHerby
Xbox Live: Dr Herby

DFAHerby is an NCPA player
DFAHerby is an NCPA National Champion
DFAHerby plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
This was one of the worsts post of nationals this year without a doubt.

Ohio earned every bit of their ranking, and Sunday's ranking was not some random draw, i'm pretty sure that's why we have a regular season, and they won 3RD place completely legit.

Which team did you play for? I'm assuming Maryland, as they are the only team that beat Ohio in prelims. 8-5, hardly a "smashing" victory.

I'm pretty sure that everyone thought this was the best reffing at nationals in it's existence. There always is a reason for losing, and the reffing is rarely one of them. They made a tough, but right call in the situation against UCI. Yeah it sucks to lose that way, but a major is a major. I'm pretty sure your guys knew what the rule beforehand, and it's up to your guys not to make a stupid mistake like that. And how was UConn's match not a "fair game"?

Using your logic, it's seems like UCI got "handed" a spot into the championship alot more than how Ohio got into Sunday... funny how you didn't complain about that.

And hey, i'd much rather make it to Sunday and get badly beaten, than being sent home early.

ISU Paintball Website

Last edited by DFAHerby : 04-24-2008 at 12:44 AM.
DFAHerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 09:12 AM #147
swirly1127

Quote:
TSTWill your comments are totally unnecessary and your post has no point. No need to cast a bad light on things that are out of your own control. While it sucks that none of the NEIC teams made it to Sunday, that is the way brackets and tournaments go sometimes. ISU, UCI, OU and Illinois all deserved to make it to the final four. They did what they had to do to win. I saw the Maryland game and while it sucks losing on a call at the end of the game it happens. No sport is ever perfect in making calls, and paintball is one of those that is far from it. The refs did an amazing job at the event. None of the NEIC teams have *****ed about how things went. Was I happy we didn't make it to Sunday and that we had to play another NEIC team first thing Saturday morning? No. But there is no changing things now. We could have done better and it is our fault that we did not go further. The teams that did go further played their ***** off and made the plays they had to. Hats off to all the teams that played in the tournament. There was great competition, a lot of intensity, but still excellent sportsmanship. That's what I love about college paintball. Everyone is always willing to help out one another whether it is guns, tanks, coaching, paint or help in the pit teams support one another. This was a great tournament. Congrats to ISU on winning. Hats off to UCI for playing awesome all weekend. Nice job OU and Illinois on how you guys played as well. This was a great tournament and I can't wait to see what next year has in store.

-Charlie "Terry Tate" Maliska, Drexel University