Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-20-2008, 10:37 PM #85
evillaw4eva
CSUF Socal Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apierevolutionist View Post
nobody knows what would have happened.

that's like saying, oh well the cubs would dominate the padres. Who the hell knows or cares? it's all who's having a good game, day, and maybe one is better or not.

stop with this petty bull****
good call, Im not going to argue with the little kid anymore... Good season

Feedback
Myspace

Italia
I want more food
evillaw4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-20-2008, 11:12 PM #86
dark_angel_lcd
Amish

dark_angel_lcd plays in the PSP
dark_angel_lcd plays in the APPA D3 division
Midwest - No Coast

Congrats ISU

CIA | No Limit | CIA
dark_angel_lcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2008, 11:40 PM #87
peacocker69
AKA ringldr21

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Live Wire 911 View Post
fixed for ya bud.....
thanks, im kind of out of it right now. waiting on a flight that was delayed 4 hours sucks
peacocker69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 06:25 AM #88
paintsprayerrr

paintsprayerrr plays in the PSP
paintsprayerrr plays in the APPA D1 division
Just for the record, in the finals VT won 2 of the 3 games with flag hangs. We got second due to something that occurred after the game was over, that actually never really occurred. But lets just leave it at that. Cal has their story and we have ours. In the end they were given 1st and us 2nd.
paintsprayerrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:34 AM #89
Chaos
www.ProPaintball.com

Chaos owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
For the record, are you in the special olympics? Don't open the can unless you want to deal with what's inside. That's not what happened, so don't be the rumor troll.

Congrats to everyone who competed, was a great event, and a ton of fun for all involved. Made a ton of friends, was awesome partying with UCI and OU and everyone else in Florida. Next year hopefully we can have a little more emphasis on AA. Thanks to the NCPA, JT Sports, Severe Paintballs, PB Headbands, Pevs, KZP Design, and America

WEST COAST HAS HEART
HAASE #09 // Pro Paintball - The Source

CreativeMade™
- We redesign your business image. CSULB Paintball- National Champs
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 10:02 AM #90
Buddha997

Thanks to all the players and everybody involved for being so cool this event. Yeah their was some hick ups but overall it was a great finish to im sure one hell of a season. Great Job Refs (we never lose)
Buddha997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:26 PM #91
TheMarsVolta.

midwest OFFENSE

good time
Ninja Fan Club #32
TheMarsVolta. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:32 PM #92
DFAHerby
Xbox Live: Dr Herby

DFAHerby is an NCPA player
DFAHerby is an NCPA National Champion
DFAHerby plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoncmason View Post

ISU's first line(black) went 2 and out against both us, and liberty flames. shows that unless they have 40 minutes to play they can't do much besides complain about our presence

WEST COAST OFFENSE

Umm, idk what you're talking about. First of all, ISU black was made up of guys who were all on our xball roster, but 4 out of 5 in every game played on the third line of xball and didn't see much playing time in the A tournament. We also had 3 other AA teams who were composed of non-class A players.

We also went 8-0 in prelims, like you, and had a slightly better margin. So I don't doubt our ability.

After we made it to the final 4 in AA, we knew we had the overall season championship sealed up for us, and that's all we cared about. We considered forfeiting after we knew that, but we thought that would be unprofessional, and disrespectful to the teams that we eliminated.

Were we disappointed that we didnt take first in the AA tournament? Not at all. We did exactly what we wanted to do, and once that happened, anything else was just distracting us from class A.

And when did we complain about your presence? lol, I actually think we did the exact opposite. We like competition, and we love practicing against PSP and NPPL teams, so playing a team that we know is tough is pretty welcome. You guys are really good, but don't act like your gods among men. Thumbs up to you guys, but give us some credit too. There is a reason why we won A and AA for the year. Anyone who thinks it's easy to play A and AA at the same time at nationals (and especially during the later stages of the tournament), needs to have a reality check.

Besides that, we'd like to thank everyone who came out to the Class A final and cheered for us, our guys really appreciated it. I got to call out Ohio and U of I for being especially helpful, I'm sure there were more teams out there as well. We know the MW is the best, and let's keep it that way for years to come.

ISU Paintball Website

Last edited by DFAHerby : 04-21-2008 at 02:53 PM.
DFAHerby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:32 PM #93
cgpb2387
Galat - 100% in the B!tch

cgpb2387 is an NCPA National Champion
cgpb2387 plays in the APPA D5 division
Congrats to everyone who played this weekend!!!

UCI has got some straight up BALLERS. You guys were awesome. We'll definitely be seeing you guys next year. Congrats to CSULB, VT, and Liberty in class AA you guys were great to play against and had some of the best sportsmanship when we were playing you guys in the finals.

Thanks again to all the MW fans in the stands (Ohio and U of I guys specifically) there's nothin better then to know that all of you guys were behind us. Its an amazing feeling.

As far as the refereeing...some of the best ive seen in any tournament ive played. You guys did an amazing job.

2008 Red Army. Perfection.
MW
cgpb2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 01:36 PM #94
pa1ntball 56
Hi my name isn't Titties

pa1ntball 56 plays in the PSP
pa1ntball 56 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pa1ntball 56 is an NCPA player
pa1ntball 56 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
congrats long beach, you guys deserved the win after the amazing weekend you played, our prelim game was tough (temple) but it was great to see the level of competition in class AA increase this year
Old 04-21-2008, 01:54 PM #95
jiggles587
CSULB FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

West Coast OFFENSE
jiggles587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 02:46 PM #96
LAsk8r37

Thanks to everyone who stayed and supported us through the final match! and thanks to all the midwest ballers back home keepin up our support on the 'nation!

MW

ISU Redbird Paintball- The Real 2008 National Champs!!
LAsk8r37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:56 PM #97
ar2b8

ar2b8 plays in the PSP
ar2b8 is an NCPA player
ar2b8 is an NCPA National Champion
ar2b8 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandoncmason View Post
CAL STATE LONG BEACH FOR THE WIN.

ISU's first line(black) went 2 and out against both us, and liberty flames. shows that unless they have 40 minutes to play they can't do much besides complain about our presence

WEST COAST OFFENSE
who are u, and please get ur facts straight in the future. We only had one goal for 5 man, win the season. And if you knew who played in the finals for class A and AA you would only see 1 person who did both. If your happy about beating 1 of the 5 starters, then come play xball next year.

We had a great time, and i think that everyone who we played against respected us after it was over, so thats a good thing. We are a whole different team then we have been in past years. And as raehl stated during the awards, we played more NCPA paintball as a team this year than any other team in NCPA history (which shows how much this school cares about NCPA and paintball).

So, grats to the team that won class AA (CSULB cal state univ. long beach i think) you guys are a really strong team, but if the guy who made this post is actually part of ur team, you might want to have a talk with him, i dont really think you should try and talk bad about the team that had prob the best NCPA season of all time.

Central Illinois Army
No Limit Sponsorship Sale
The Hopper Guy

Last edited by ar2b8 : 04-21-2008 at 03:59 PM.
ar2b8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 04:49 PM #98
BonanzION

Grats to BEACH, UCI, and of course ISU(thought we had you in overtime, nice job holding strong). UCI's first game of Xball was this friday. We went against teams playing it for years. Preparing for new points, yelling calls, managing the clock; everything was learned this weekend. No one gave us any credit or respect. We earned everything and showed what west coast paintball is about: heart. (and offense)

I couldn't be more proud of what we have accomplished. Our guys played until they almost fainted, digging deep and coming back from 3 point deficits in a few minutes in more than one game. Long Beach started their club this year, and won nationals in AA. SCU threw their hat in the ring without theior full roster and played with heart. The west coast has proven how powerful we are as paintball players, and will continue to do so in years to come.

Thanks to everyone who helped pit with UCI- LOng Beach and Santa Clara players. We couldnt have done it without you

also- I have to comment on Uconn sportsmanship. During finals they came over to our pit and offered to help. They showed us support when a crowd full of bitter players pathetically mocked our cheer. I wasn't expecting this, and I have to say I was impressed in the class Uconn has showed. The same cannot be said of other teams.

In conclusion, grats ISU on your A win, grats Long Beach on your AA win, and grats UCI for never giving up.

WEST COAST OFFENSE

Last edited by BonanzION : 04-21-2008 at 06:09 PM.
BonanzION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:10 PM #99
ar2b8

ar2b8 plays in the PSP
ar2b8 is an NCPA player
ar2b8 is an NCPA National Champion
ar2b8 plays in the APPA D4 division
just to let you guys know, nobody on ISU came up with the midwest offense it was people in the stands. We were always saying Midwest...WHAT because of it being a long standing midwest cheer. Once again, u guys were great, and i hope that we get a rematch next year (everyone else might not want to see the same 2 teams in the finals, but i would love nothing more then to play you guys again on the big stage)

Central Illinois Army
No Limit Sponsorship Sale
The Hopper Guy
ar2b8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 05:22 PM #100
BonanzION

^^to clarify- ISU showed us the utmost respect. You guys were a classy organziation. Easily the hardest game we have ever played. I dont know about you guys, but Im itching to hear the commentary. Should be a pretty epic game when it comes out on TV/DVD.

Last edited by BonanzION : 04-21-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:11 PM #101
BonanzION

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMarsVolta. View Post
midwest OFFENSE

good time
imitation is the highest form of flattery. So, thank you.
Old 04-21-2008, 06:24 PM #102
griffon252
ERAU Paintball

griffon252 is a Supporting Member
the final rankings have been updated on the ncpa site.
CRAZY GEARBAG SALE!!
EGOS/MARQS FS!!
griffon252 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:26 PM #103
Paintball Ace
Since 04'

Before you respond, please note that I am posting this solely in response to the accusations of Virginia Tech ganging up on a player. CSULB played great all tournament and came out with first place and thats how it was ended so I'm leaving that on the field.

If you watch the video, it is a 2 on 2.

One VT player is eliminated. It is then a 2 on 1 with CSULB having 2 players. One guy runs from the aztec to the dorito and the Tech player believed he had shot the CSULB player. This was immediately before the ref comes to check the Tech player. (That's when you can hear people say on his feedneck/hopper).

The Tech player then plays like it's a one on one and is snapping with the CSULB player. The Tech player gets shot from the player in the doritos and then when he turns to look to the dorito side he gets shot from the player from the right. That's when everyone starts screaming and the camera pans up so nothing is in sight. You can hear some arguing and you will here some shots. The tech player fired first which is completely wrong and I am not defending in anyway. The CSULB player shoots the Tech player multiple times, which I am not saying is wrong, I am just saying what happened, and you can hear the shots fired at around 1:33 in the video.

The camera then pans down and you can see a tech player run out of the box at the CSULB player but never touches or attacks or grabs the player. two more Tech players run out of the box to pull the other tech player back into the box. The only contact that is made to the CSULB player is a hand on the back as the tech player goes around the CSULB player to get to the other tech player. The Tech players grab and drag the other tech player back into the box where they remained.

Virginia tech did not attack or gang up one any of the CSULB players as you can clearly see in the video so may we please put the accusations of ganging up or beating up or putting a player in a headlock to rest. I am not saying the actions of the VT players were or are justified but we did not physically attack another player.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Mzk4lyfe101/videos/5/

Here is the video, see for yourself.

*edit*

High Res Download-

http://files.filefront.com/okwmv/;10.../fileinfo.html

Last edited by Paintball Ace : 04-21-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Paintball Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:51 PM #104
zackipoo82
Sexual Chocolate

Annual Supporting Member
zackipoo82 is an NCPA player
zackipoo82 plays in the APPA beginner division
zackipoo82 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
zackipoo82 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I cant believe people actually bugged out about that...like seriously we all have to understand that on any kind of field of competition, people will lose their cool. As the video shows this was just a minor mishap and yes it deserves penalty on the field but really shouldn't be flamed so much off the field for as you can see, it just makes drama and reflects the sport to be uglier than it is.
Old 04-21-2008, 09:55 PM #105
Team Live Wire 911
*««FireFighter»»*

Team Live Wire 911 plays in the PSP
Team Live Wire 911 is playing at Living Legends VII
Team Live Wire 911 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintball Ace View Post
Before you respond, please note that I am posting this solely in response to the accusations of Virginia Tech ganging up on a player. CSULB played great all tournament and came out with first place and thats how it was ended so I'm leaving that on the field.

If you watch the video, it is a 2 on 2.

One VT player is eliminated. It is then a 2 on 1 with CSULB having 2 players. One guy runs from the aztec to the dorito and the Tech player believed he had shot the CSULB player. This was immediately before the ref comes to check the Tech player. (That's when you can hear people say on his feedneck/hopper).

The Tech player then plays like it's a one on one and is snapping with the CSULB player. The Tech player gets shot from the player in the doritos and then when he turns to look to the dorito side he gets shot from the player from the right. That's when everyone starts screaming and the camera pans up so nothing is in sight. You can hear some arguing and you will here some shots. The tech player fired first which is completely wrong and I am not defending in anyway. The CSULB player shoots the Tech player multiple times, which I am not saying is wrong, I am just saying what happened, and you can hear the shots fired at around 1:33 in the video.

The camera then pans down and you can see a tech player run out of the box at the CSULB player but never touches or attacks or grabs the player. two more Tech players run out of the box to pull the other tech player back into the box. The only contact that is made to the CSULB player is a hand on the back as the tech player goes around the CSULB player to get to the other tech player. The Tech players grab and drag the other tech player back into the box where they remained.

Virginia tech did not attack or gang up one any of the CSULB players as you can clearly see in the video so may we please put the accusations of ganging up or beating up or putting a player in a headlock to rest. I am not saying the actions of the VT players were or are justified but we did not physically attack another player.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/Mzk4lyfe101/videos/5/

Here is the video, see for yourself.

*edit*

High Res Download-

http://files.filefront.com/okwmv/;10.../fileinfo.html

Not to be an A$$ ....But your video ...doesnt show much ...the important parts are aimed at the sky ...sorry....

Feedback 26-0
Team Live Wire 911 is offline   Reply With Quote