PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-18-2008, 07:54 AM #85
Sp0rk
☜('ヮ')☜

Sp0rk helped look for balloons
Sp0rk is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I usually just keep eye contact on their tits.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:41 AM #86
cash pasos

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoob View Post
whats worse is in school when you are looking around the room and you look at someone and make eye contact and have an awkward moment.
I love doing this to people I dont know and making them feel uncomfortable.
cash pasos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:28 AM #87
North East Baller
I'm old gregggg

No, unless they have a lazy eye.
AKA
Old Greggg
North East Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:33 AM #88
ionman123

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Alder View Post
yeah, i guess.

Oh well. I prefer to be nerdy. It keeps me safe from all the incoherently stupid **** our generation has to offer
werd
Old 04-18-2008, 05:38 PM #89
vonyay
N29000

eyes tell you a lot about the person you are talking to.
It makes reading people so much easier
I used to hate making eye contact, it felt awkward to me, but I eventually realized
1. its more awkward when they are watching your eyes dart all over the place instead of that them. It can create some suspicion or at least cause them to wonder 'why is he doing that' and you don't want people thinking like that.
2. I stopped giving a ****. Best way to put it. The other person is at least expecting you to make eye contact, plus if you can change your 'mentality' while talking to people it helps. Convince yourself you are better than them, and others will see that confidence. I am not saying to be an arrogant prick, but at least don't act intimidated while talking to someone.

Find whatever is making you insecure about eye contact and work on that. Are you afraid of what they are thinking about you? Find what exactly makes it awkward for you, and think why it does. Get over that and you are fine.
vonyay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:42 PM #90
$$MostWanted$$ (Banned)
The Revolution.

nah im not a b****
$$MostWanted$$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:46 PM #91
Bück Dich (Banned)
What happens when...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp0rk View Post
I usually just keep eye contact on their tits.
I like the way you think.

and i usually can, but with people i don't know, eh.
Bück Dich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 06:44 PM #92
TheTippMann
Ich bin dein Feuermann.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZepplinFan77 View Post
I hate when you are looking at like a girl or something, and they look at you. Awkard.
Me too, looking at girls is disgusting.

"Originally posted by GrantR: That's because he is 60% more likely to video tape it, or make a rap song about it."
TheTippMann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:34 PM #93
Pod Pirate
Do work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonyay View Post
eyes tell you a lot about the person you are talking to.
It makes reading people so much easier
I used to hate making eye contact, it felt awkward to me, but I eventually realized
1. its more awkward when they are watching your eyes dart all over the place instead of that them. It can create some suspicion or at least cause them to wonder 'why is he doing that' and you don't want people thinking like that.
2. I stopped giving a ****. Best way to put it. The other person is at least expecting you to make eye contact, plus if you can change your 'mentality' while talking to people it helps. Convince yourself you are better than them, and others will see that confidence. I am not saying to be an arrogant prick, but at least don't act intimidated while talking to someone.

Find whatever is making you insecure about eye contact and work on that. Are you afraid of what they are thinking about you? Find what exactly makes it awkward for you, and think why it does. Get over that and you are fine.
Exactly confidence can get you alot.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:37 PM #94
...Lost

...Lost is a Supporting Member
...Lost is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quit being a little ***** and man up. Look them in the eye, it's not that hard.

ST: Photo - Don't Burn Me Bro
My Web Site

Flickr

Blog
...Lost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:40 PM #95
Zinester

Thumbs up

lol when my teacher screams at me she gets in my face so I can look at her in the eye and I take a glance at her and look away to annoy her more MHAWHAUHWAMHHUA

like waitresses and waiters or w/e I take a glance at them straight in the eye only when I have to put my order in or something.. then I look back down especially if it's a hot waiter cause then I get a boner
Old 04-18-2008, 07:43 PM #96
jacksonblue
Most Legendary.

jacksonblue donated to help Peyton Trent
jacksonblue helped look for balloons
jacksonblue is playing at Living Legends III
jacksonblue owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Um come to think of it I do make eye contact. I think. I just do it without thinking about it. Or at least I look at their face when they talk. Cuz now looking back on the day i remember thinking about the way this girl put on her mascara while i was talking to her.

But when it gets creepy is when a teacher is teaching a whole class and he decides to stare at you right in the eyes the whole time. I've learned to look away right as he makes eye contact so he turns to someone else.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:47 PM #97
26pcrss

26pcrss is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonblue View Post
But when it gets creepy is when a teacher is teaching a whole class and he decides to stare at you right in the eyes the whole time. I've learned to look away right as he makes eye contact so he turns to someone else.
gah i hate that

also, i only look at one eye or between the two eyes. can a person tell where you are looking?
26pcrss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 07:49 PM #98
jacksonblue
Most Legendary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26pcrss View Post
gah i hate that

also, i only look at one eye or between the two eyes. can a person tell where you are looking?
im pretty sure they can't tell the .5 degree difference between focusing on their left or right eye. But if you're that worried about it just stare at their nose.
Old 04-18-2008, 07:53 PM #99
.:Blank:. (Banned)
PEW PEW PEW.

I'm soso on this.
.:Blank:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:05 PM #100
pigbenis420
banana hammock ftw?

i usually watch their eyes until they look away then it gets a little weird... blue eyes > brown eyes and i have brown eyes.. i hate it
pigbenis420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 09:45 PM #101
Tater Aid (Banned)
♥♥♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Јon View Post
I can't look at gay people in the eyes.
Even lesbians.

It's weird.
elo****ingel
Tater Aid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:04 PM #102
47.magnum
Asleep at the wheel

I used to have a problem with it but not really any more, but accidentaly making eyecontact with someone across a room or something is always awkward, especially if you looked at them before they looked at you and you are always like omg I hope they don't think I was staring at them. There is one chick across the room from me in one of my classes and we are always ****ing making eye contact, I don't know, why, I don't mean to I think she just happens to be where I look alot or something, but then again that also means she is looking at me alot so maybe she feels the same way I don't know.
47.magnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:07 PM #103
TheInvision23
C44

TheInvision23 plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by danoob View Post
whats worse is in school when you are looking around the room and you look at someone and make eye contact and have an awkward moment.
ahh so true. I hate this. Usually with girls for me. Make eye contact all the time but I'm a ***** and never take initiative. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47.magnum View Post
I used to have a problem with it but not really any more, but accidentaly making eyecontact with someone across a room or something is always awkward, especially if you looked at them before they looked at you and you are always like omg I hope they don't think I was staring at them. There is one chick across the room from me in one of my classes and we are always ****ing making eye contact, I don't know, why, I don't mean to I think she just happens to be where I look alot or something, but then again that also means she is looking at me alot so maybe she feels the same way I don't know.
wow very similar situation and how I feel.
TheInvision23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 10:13 PM #104
jacksonblue
Most Legendary.

those awkward moments can be semi-fixed with a smile (make sure it's not a creepy smile though, more of a laughing-at-yourself smile) and then quickly look away. Maybe even do one of laughs which is really a laugh but you kinda quickly exhale through your nose, shrug your shoulders and kinda move your head back. ya know? it's hard to describe but seems natural if you were shown.
Old 04-18-2008, 10:21 PM #105
47.magnum
Asleep at the wheel

Actually I am going to be out of highschool soon, so I plan on nodding upwards slightly and then licking my lips to her one day. Just to see what happens and it will be funny.
47.magnum is offline   Reply With Quote