BIGN is a Supporting Member
BIGN is BST Trusted
BIGN plays in the APPA D4 division
BIGN has achieved Level 7 in PbNation Pursuit
BIGN is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Alright, enough of this.

The find field and stores box is optional and you can find it on the options page of your usercp. http://www.pbnation.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Anyone else who takes this thread off topic, craps or trolls in here is going to be infracted.
i would have never gave in, but please the masses is the way to go...
BIGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2008, 07:31 PM #65
pimpinsaylor (Banned)
lıɥıu

pimpinsaylor is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetIndy View Post
Fortunately, federal statistics show that such minor changes to web sites rarely cause fatalities--1 user in 10,000 to be exact. Even then, deaths are typically limited to users who exhibit some other malady, such as OCD or sexual repression.

If I were you guys, I'd be more worried about PbNation's plans to hire a second professional assassin. Sleep well. We'll see most of you in the morning...
True. Really it just pisses us all off.

Thanks for fixing this.
pimpinsaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:50 PM #66
Ciph3r

has been a member for 10 years
You kids are unbelievable... these people who run this site do something that could very well help the fields and stores that you rely upon to play and the only thing you can do is *****. About a text block, on a free website, because it "clutters" the top. I swear to god, you would have no idea what to do if they shut this website down because there goes any social life and experience you would have ever had. None of you people complaining have a clue... and frankly, if it is bothering you - leave. I can assure you your online posse won't really miss you that much. You wouldn't leave though, and the thing of it is that even if they didn't change it, your sorry *** would still be logged in here 8 hours a day. Nobody cares what you think, not on a free website in an online community - that in the grand scheme of things - means nothing.

Infract me if you will, it'll be the first in the 5 years I've been here, and at least it would be for saying something that needed to be said.
Old 04-17-2008, 07:57 PM #67
CS@PbNation

Annual Supporting Member
CS@PbNation is a Supporting Member
CS@PbNation supports Cereal Killerz 2
CS@PbNation donated to help Peyton Trent
CS@PbNation supports Sherwood Forest
CS@PbNation supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciph3r View Post
You kids are unbelievable... these people who run this site do something that could very well help the fields and stores that you rely upon to play and the only thing you can do is *****. About a text block, on a free website, because it "clutters" the top. I swear to god, you would have no idea what to do if they shut this website down because there goes any social life and experience you would have ever had. None of you people complaining have a clue... and frankly, if it is bothering you - leave. I can assure you your online posse won't really miss you that much. You wouldn't leave though, and the thing of it is that even if they didn't change it, your sorry *** would still be logged in here 8 hours a day. Nobody cares what you think, not on a free website in an online community - that in the grand scheme of things - means nothing.

Infract me if you will, it'll be the first in the 5 years I've been here, and at least it would be for saying something that needed to be said.
Wow. Free infraction pass issued...
Old 04-17-2008, 08:06 PM #68
TargetIndy
Electrifying

Annual Supporting Member
TargetIndy is a founding member
TargetIndy is BST Legit
TargetIndy is an Ultimate field/store owner
TargetIndy is Immortal
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stGenRex View Post
I'd like to apply for the position...I can travel!

Yes, I think you might just be the candidate we're looking for. In the referrals section of the application, just put Barrett.

DoctorOring.com -- O-ring kits for baller's on a budget!
3 rebuilds $4.95 -- Boxed kits from $9.95

Paintball Indiana -- Indianapolis's Oldest Outdoor Paintball Field
TargetIndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:10 PM #69
i ate christ
MLK Unleashed

i ate christ plays in the PSP
i ate christ donated to help Peyton Trent
i ate christ supports Pev's Paintball
i ate christ is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
So people would have to log out if they did want to use it? Great solution!

As I said, we'll consider making it optional.
Maybe you should try to read my post. If it was a preference (like it is greatfully now) then if you wanted to see it once a year for 10 seconds, you go to your preferences and change it so you can see it. OR, go to google.com/maps try and read the full post next time, </3 But <3 for making it optional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony View Post
Alright, enough of this.

The find field and stores box is optional and you can find it on the options page of your usercp. http://www.pbnation.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Anyone else who takes this thread off topic, craps or trolls in here is going to be infracted.
<3

iOS Android & WP Dev
Link to Google :)

Last edited by i ate christ : 04-17-2008 at 08:15 PM.
i ate christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:28 PM #70
boomslang
lo-fi

Not really sure why this was introduced as an element to be found on every single page. I have mine turned off, thanks for including that feature.

How many users do you think have a sudden urge to check field locations from /any/ page they might currently be on? Why can't they just scroll up and click on Fields/Stores if they are so intensely compelled?

A gimmick, IMO, and while I'm sure it's a neat piece of code, it's largely useless and/or out of place.

Sorry to be such a naysayer.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:33 PM #71
Quikfingers2 (Banned)
Thunder.****.****!

Quote:

1) You need to calm down, first of all the situation has been resolved, and all of the complaints that were brought up against it were legitimate and generally phrased well enough. Nobody was in here cursing out the mods for the change, just some constructive criticism.

2) At this juncture in pbn's life, it is important for them to accommodate all the users, and yes, that means (gasp) the ST'ers too. People in ST make up a huge part of the population here, and a large portion of them do not play any paintball. ST undoubtedly draws more traffic here than any other two forums/subforums combined, and if you don't believe me, you weren't online for Deer Gore. St's size in tern increases PBN's overall size, which brings more people to the site and (hopefully) brings more people to the sport. When a situation like this comes around where a function is not necessary to a large portion of the overall active population(and unquestionably the portion that logs the most amount of time per day on the site), and that portion of the population gets upset, it is not unreasonable for them to request a *minor* change to allow them to get on with their lives....to say otherwise is just plain rediculous.

edit: And if you were questioning my claims on the importance of ST to this site,at the time of this post, ST has 687 people viewing, more than the next top 5 forums here combined.

Last edited by Quikfingers2 : 04-17-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Quikfingers2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:33 PM #72
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!

Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is an Administrator
Kyle is a Supporting Member
Kyle is a founding member
Kyle supports Bob Gurnsey
Kyle supports our troops
Kyle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomslang View Post
Not really sure why this was introduced as an element to be found on every single page. I have mine turned off, thanks for including that feature.

How many users do you think have a sudden urge to check field locations from /any/ page they might currently be on? Why can't they just scroll up and click on Fields/Stores if they are so intensely compelled?

A gimmick, IMO, and while I'm sure it's a neat piece of code, it's largely useless and/or out of place.

Sorry to be such a naysayer.
You'd be surprised at how much use it's getting.

Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:35 PM #73
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!

Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is an Administrator
Kyle supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quikfingers2 View Post
1) You need to calm down, first of all the situation has been resolved, and all of the complaints that were brought up against it were legitimate and generally phrased well enough. Nobody was in here cursing out the mods for the change, just some constructive criticism.

2) At this juncture in pbn's life, it is important for them to accommodate all the users, and yes, that means (gasp) the ST'ers too. People in ST make up a huge part of the population here, and a large portion of them do not play any paintball. ST undoubtedly draws more traffic here than any other two forums/subforums combined, and if you don't believe me, you weren't online for Deer Gore. St's size in tern increases PBN's overall size, which brings more people to the site and (hopefully) brings more people to the sport. When a situation like this comes around where a function is not necessary to a large portion of the overall active population(and unquestionably the portion that logs the most amount of time per day on the site), and that portion of the population gets upset, it is not unreasonable for them to request a *minor* change to allow them to get on with their lives....to say otherwise is just plain rediculous.
If you honestly think we're going to cater to the ST crowd on a site that is primarily about paintball, you're a bit mistaken at what PBN is about.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:39 PM #74
i ate christ
MLK Unleashed

i ate christ plays in the PSP
i ate christ donated to help Peyton Trent
i ate christ supports Pev's Paintball
i ate christ is All In
Quote:
Yeah, tell me how much it is going to be getting used in, oh a week, when everyone has tried it Of course, people try new things, so an immediate response is it will have lots of traffic, come on, you should know this

iOS Android & WP Dev
Link to Google :)
i ate christ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:40 PM #75
Quikfingers2 (Banned)
Thunder.****.****!

Quote:
If you honestly think we're going to cater to the ST crowd on a site that is primarily about paintball, you're a bit mistaken at what PBN is about.
Thats about the dumbest thing I have heard all night. While this is a paintball site first, to ignore simple requests from the largest user base on the site is just stupid. ST is part of this community too, and I would like to see what would happen if it were removed from the site, something tells me the sites overall traffic and in turn, advertising potential and value would decline dramatically.

And again, ST brings more people to this site than anything else, it is inevitable that some of those people will move on to join the paintball community or atleast gain interest in and become educated about the sport, which is only a positive.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:43 PM #76
boomslang
lo-fi

Quote:
This may be a result of all the users going "Ooooh, shiny" all at once. Not sure though, time will tell.

Was this requested by somebody? What was the reasoning behind its creation?
Old 04-17-2008, 08:45 PM #77
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!

Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is an Administrator
Kyle supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quikfingers2 View Post
Thats about the dumbest thing I have heard all night. While this is a paintball site first, to ignore simple requests from the largest user base on the site is just stupid. ST is part of this community too, and I would like to see what would happen if it were removed from the site, something tells me the sites overall traffic and in turn, advertising potential and value would decline dramatically.

And again, ST brings more people to this site than anything else, it is inevitable that some of those people will move on to join the paintball community or atleast gain interest in and become educated about the sport, which is only a positive.
Nobody ignored the request, you'll notice it's optional.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:45 PM #78
Ciph3r

You know what, I wouldn't have said a word if that *minor* change was asked for the least bit respectfully. All I saw (for the majority, granted not all) was a bunch of kids, whining. When people are literally nit picking (I REQUESTED 25 MILES AND IT CAME UP WITH 43!!11LAL!) like that, for really no reason, and not only that but being totally assinine about it... then you know what? <^> to them. I appreciate the fact that I have a place to come to that reaches hundreds of thousands of people with a common interest. FOR FREE. The last thing you will see me do is piss and moan over literally, nothing. Its a text. box. All I'm saying, is that the people getting bent, really need to get over themselves.

To those who *did* in fact use constructive criticism in your request, I applaud you for being civil and actually trying to bring a positive change to this, in a positive way.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:50 PM #79
Quikfingers2 (Banned)
Thunder.****.****!

Quote:
Nobody ignored the request, you'll notice it's optional.
Not stating that anybody did, and the fast response was appreciated.

But that statement was more directed at the Ciph3r fellow who so politely stated that everybody complaining about it should leave the forums. While it is obvious that being a mod/admin is a thankless job and therefore our complaints may seem offensive, it is also insulting to have the mods getting behind that statement and telling the non-painballing users to either shut up or leave when we have a legitimate and sincere request.

edit to Ciph3r: Look through the thread again, almost all complaints were phrased fairly enough, and reporting bug issues should be considered constructive criticism more than complaining. Everything else in the thread was said with a light-heart, as even the mods were joking around. I feel you should look through the thread again, and maybe point out a few specific posts that you deem particularly offensive.

Last edited by Quikfingers2 : 04-17-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:50 PM #80
boomslang
lo-fi

Quote:
You know what, I wouldn't have said a word if that *minor* change was asked for the least bit respectfully. All I saw (for the majority, granted not all) was a bunch of kids, whining. When people are literally nit picking (I REQUESTED 25 MILES AND IT CAME UP WITH 43!!11LAL!) like that, for really no reason, and not only that but being totally assinine about it... then you know what? <^> to them. I appreciate the fact that I have a place to come to that reaches hundreds of thousands of people with a common interest. FOR FREE. The last thing you will see me do is piss and moan over literally, nothing. Its a text. box. All I'm saying, is that the people getting bent, really need to get over themselves.

To those who *did* in fact use constructive criticism in your request, I applaud you for being civil and actually trying to bring a positive change to this, in a positive way.
I'd argue that a situation where a field 43 miles away is delivered for a 25 mile search is worth reporting. There's no way of knowing if that's desired behavior until you ask. Making sure that the admins know when something isn't working properly is our responsibility. Being respectful in doing so is another matter, hopefully we can manage that much.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:56 PM #81
Ciph3r

I guess the question is how many times does Kyle have to answer that question while people are being complete jackasses about it? That is when it becomes disrespectful. Look, I have some time to kill on a Thursday night and ultimately I know what I'm saying here isn't going to change a damn thing. It just boggles the mind that people will literally cry about something small that is apart of something so much bigger, and beneficial to them. I am glad the situation has been resolved, and I have said my peace.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:14 PM #82
Joeottoman™

Quote:
So people would have to log out if they did want to use it? Great solution!

As I said, we'll consider making it optional.
I think for registered users you should make it optional, but if you click on the Field/Stores section it should be up there no matter what so you don't have to log out to use it.
Joeottoman™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:30 PM #83
johnkneeboi
$ 4 iphones

johnkneeboi is playing at Living Legends V
johnkneeboi supports Team VICIOUS
johnkneeboi supports Team VICIOUS
johnkneeboi has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
i dont like it,its clusters with the other box,it sometimes it on my nerves

I send money faster than you can say supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
johnkneeboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:46 PM #84
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!

Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is an Administrator
Kyle supports our troops
Guys, it's already optional. Check your usercp.