PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-10-2008, 09:15 PM #1
MR.JABM

MR.JABM supports our troops
1984 essay

I'm doing summer homework for english and my first essay is due tomorrow, whoops...lol

We had to read a couple of articles online by this guy named E. Partridge, but basically the prompt is:

"How have Orwell's predictions about government become true in our own time? Offer your own examples from the novel."

Any ideas on a thesis? opening sentences? paragraph format?
Old 07-10-2008, 09:18 PM #2
Citizen X
Very Varenyam

Annual Supporting Member
Citizen X is a Forum Captain
I'm not trying to be a dick, but did you notice the sticky?
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2699766
Citizen X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:20 PM #3
MR.JABM

yeh, i just wanted some ideas, i definately don't think i could get away with writing an essay based solely on PBnation.

thanks tho, i'm still probably violating a rule
Old 07-10-2008, 09:23 PM #4
Citizen X
Very Varenyam

Annual Supporting Member
Citizen X is a Forum Captain
I think you are as well. As far as I'm concerned, it's one thing to ask for help when you either don't understand a concept or are seeking outside help to adapt your own concepts, but to ask for help on an assignment after procrastinating until the night before is something entirely different.

There is a homework help thread somewhere (you would have to google for it, I think).
Citizen X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 09:42 PM #5
MR.JABM

Old 07-10-2008, 10:27 PM #6
spyderVS2 (Banned)
removed

i have read 1984 but i have have read aminal farm and based on his prediction in that he was basicly saying that the goverment would slowly steal the goverment from the people and with them doing that they would gain more and more power with the decepition that they have on the other people with there nice people ways but the longer the goverment is in place the greeder the goverment becomes. and then the leaders become suspicious when the aminals start to talk behind there back because of how they ,the goverment, are having problems providing the thing that they say they would during the elections. So the goverment begeans relize this and begin to kill and run off the people they belive that are the biggist problems to them. So in the end the people over through the goverment and give it back to the very farmer they ran out in the begining.

so to me he is right about the goverment how we elect people who say they will dothing and then they dont the 4 years that they are in office and that is as far as the goverment ,we the nation, have chossen and we still have to get to the point were the people have to over throgh the goverment and go back to our oringal goverment. So i hope that helps and yes I relize its not the same book but they might have the same veiws on this subject and also sorry about the grammer.
spyderVS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:28 PM #7
MR.JABM

How about we just turn this thread into a 1984 discussion thread, and discuss how we all perceive the message Orwell is trying to send to his readers
Old 07-10-2008, 11:13 PM #8
spyderVS2 (Banned)
removed

Dgaf
spyderVS2 is offline   Reply With Quote