Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-26-2008, 06:45 PM #1
MX26

Icon E air leak..

I searched this topic and came up with a lot of the same answers to this question, but my problem is slightly different(I think). Pardon me for not being up on my terminology as I haven't played paintball in about 3 years. And I'm a rec player, and I'm fully aware that the Icon isn't a cocker or angel, but it's what I've got, so get off...

I screwed the CO2 bottle on tonight to see if it was operational, and the xchamber was leaking. I unscrewed it, oiled it with 3M and put it back in, then tried the gas again. More leak. I took the gun apart and cleaned it, and lubed all of the orings, put it back together and it still leaks. When I pulled the xchamber off for the 3rd time, I noticed that it seemed to be extremely loose in the threads, and I saw that some of the threads had been chewed up.. Kinda pissed about it cause the local "shop" were the only people to have ever touched the gun. Anyways, I wrapped the male end with teflon tape and reinstalled it, and still leaked. I'm guessing I'll need to replace the female threads with a new piece? Anyone know where I can find that part, or an upgraded part, or any options? I'd rather stay away from Nitro as I don't think I'll play that often..
Advertisement