Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2008, 09:13 PM #1
sdzell18
Code it and Load it
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CA, NJ
Annual Supporting Member
sdzell18 works for a Paintball manufacturer
sdzell18 plays in the APPA Pro division
sdzell18 is All In
May be moving to Bentonville, Arkansas, looking for player opinons

Hey guys,

Just wondering what the competitive scene is like out there. What teams are around. What tournaments do they play. What division are they. Where are the fields within and hour or so of Bentonville. I thank you in advance for your help. thanks.


-Jamie
__________________
Jamie Ezell - Electronics Engineer @ Empire Paintball
Empire Paintball
JT Paintball
My Feedback +43, -0
sdzell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-13-2008, 09:29 AM #2
DYErules7
Psalms 91:2
 
DYErules7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: *479*
Hey man, their are several good teams out here.

Extol, JL, and University of Arkansas are all good competition. Extol plays D2 Xball and NPPL, JL plays D3 NPPL, and the U of A plays College tournaments. They usually play at SWAT Extreme Paintball in Bella-Vista (just north of Bentonville), but sometimes Extol and JL travels to Neosho to play D1 teams. There are a couple 3 man teams that play here as well that are pretty good too. Hope to see you out here soon.
__________________
Christ Krew
www.teamextol.com

B&E Paintball
DYErules7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:20 PM #3
thizizmyusername
Made a breakfast fortress
 
thizizmyusername's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nor Ark
Yeah Extol, JL, and UofA are the best teams around
SWAT is the best place to play by far anywhere else with good speedball is over an hour away
lightsey its alex btw i prob wont be out to play today its to damn cold
thizizmyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:29 PM #4
aspiderfreak
A Complete Vulgarian
 
aspiderfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NWA
 has been a member for 10 years
aspiderfreak plays in the PSP
aspiderfreak is an NCPA player
aspiderfreak is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
aspiderfreak is a top reviewer
sdzell18,

There are 4 fields within an hour, and many more within 2-3 hrs.

The Jt paint factory field is in neosho, it is a 7man field. Many of the former Brass Eagle & Jt allstars play their, along with some of the tulsa d2 cruel and underground army guys .

In bentonville/ bella-vista is swat, and it has a 5man field. I believe that extol plays there semi frequently.

In Sprindale/tonitown wild-world has a good 5man field. Ashton keeps the field in great condition. (I <3 quality grass)

All of the above are the closest fields. All require less than 45min of driving from anywhere in bentonville.

Pinball Ridge in joplin is about an hour away from the 'ville.

All American In the Ft Smith area is the home of Clique. It is also about an hour from the 'ville.

If your willing to drive more than an hour, springfield has several fields within 2 hrs, and is home of the karnage factory team. (and many more other teams)

Kansas City is about 2 1/2 hours away (go speed racer go!) and N.E.K has their own xball field. (Kc has other fields, but that one is my fav.)

If you travel south their are other fields, judsonia (3 1/2 hrs form b'ville) is the home of d3 psp 5man torque, and harding university. They have an excellent xball field. I've also seen a few teams form Louisiana travel to here for the tournaments and scrim days.


To answer your initial question about the tournament scene in the area ... well I'd have to give it an honest score of mediocre. Don't get me wrong there is talent in the area, but you will have to work/travel to find consistent competitive practice. It is possible, you just have to hook up with one of the dedicated teams, and be willing to spend some time in a car.


hope this helps answer your questions. If you have anymore, feel free to pm me.

aspider>
aspiderfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 09:48 AM #5
livingwithcause
 
 
livingwithcause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: ArKaNsAs
livingwithcause supports Team VICIOUS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiderfreak View Post
sdzell18,

There are 4 fields within an hour, and many more within 2-3 hrs.

The Jt paint factory field is in neosho, it is a 7man field. Many of the former Brass Eagle & Jt allstars play their, along with some of the tulsa d2 cruel and underground army guys .

In bentonville/ bella-vista is swat, and it has a 5man field. I believe that extol plays there semi frequently.

In Sprindale/tonitown wild-world has a good 5man field. Ashton keeps the field in great condition. (I <3 quality grass)

All of the above are the closest fields. All require less than 45min of driving from anywhere in bentonville.

Pinball Ridge in joplin is about an hour away from the 'ville.

All American In the Ft Smith area is the home of Clique. It is also about an hour from the 'ville.

If your willing to drive more than an hour, springfield has several fields within 2 hrs, and is home of the karnage factory team. (and many more other teams)

Kansas City is about 2 1/2 hours away (go speed racer go!) and N.E.K has their own xball field. (Kc has other fields, but that one is my fav.)

If you travel south their are other fields, judsonia (3 1/2 hrs form b'ville) is the home of d3 psp 5man torque, and harding university. They have an excellent xball field. I've also seen a few teams form Louisiana travel to here for the tournaments and scrim days.


To answer your initial question about the tournament scene in the area ... well I'd have to give it an honest score of mediocre. Don't get me wrong there is talent in the area, but you will have to work/travel to find consistent competitive practice. It is possible, you just have to hook up with one of the dedicated teams, and be willing to spend some time in a car.


hope this helps answer your questions. If you have anymore, feel free to pm me.

aspider>
Bingo.

If you are interested man (thread poster) I'm sure you can contact aspiderfreak for JL stuff (if he doesn't mind I love you Shaun) and me for Extol. I would also agree that the scene is mediocre here, it just needs a good kick start (some people have tried but it comes up short) but the potential is there. Anyways, hope to see ya around!


*EDIT* And to correct one of my players...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DYErules7 View Post
Hey man, their are several good teams out here.

Extol, JL, and University of Arkansas are all good competition. Extol plays D2 Xball and NPPL, JL plays D3 NPPL and D2 XBall, and the U of A plays College tournaments. They usually play at SWAT Extreme Paintball in Bella-Vista (just north of Bentonville), but sometimes Extol and JL travels to Neosho to play D1/D2 teams. There are a couple 3 man teams that play here as well that are pretty good too. Hope to see you out here soon.
__________________
CHRIST KREW #167
IRONMEN Fan Club #26 INFAMOUS Fan Club #1053 VICIOUS Fan Club #164
| B&E PAINTBALL |
Arkansas State Champion 2008-forever

Last edited by livingwithcause : 04-14-2008 at 09:51 AM.
livingwithcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:30 PM #6
sdzell18
Code it and Load it
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CA, NJ
Annual Supporting Member
sdzell18 works for a Paintball manufacturer
sdzell18 plays in the APPA Pro division
sdzell18 is All In
wow! thanks alot for all the info and opinions guys. I might be taking a job out there but i'd be leaving the cali scene which is the best as everyone knows. Its gonna be a hard decision
__________________
Jamie Ezell - Electronics Engineer @ Empire Paintball
Empire Paintball
JT Paintball
My Feedback +43, -0
sdzell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:08 PM #7
jonsboy
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
dont leave man.....stay there dude i use to live out there and i would go to sc village....nothing here comes close to level of talent you will find out there
jonsboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 12:54 PM #8
plastic
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
I'm sure this will piss someone off, but SWAT isn't the best... Not even close, and I don't recall Extol ever playing AN Xball match. I'm not sure what qualifies them as Division 2, all of a sudden...

Anyway, to be short in an answer: There IS a thriving paintball scene here, with many solid teams and fields to choose from. It all depends on what you want to get from the sport... For the most part, Aspiderfreak hit the nail on the head.

Last edited by plastic : 04-24-2008 at 01:02 PM.
plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:42 PM #9
livingwithcause
 
 
livingwithcause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: ArKaNsAs
livingwithcause supports Team VICIOUS
We haven't played yet....he's a new guy...still figuring stuff out....
__________________
CHRIST KREW #167
IRONMEN Fan Club #26 INFAMOUS Fan Club #1053 VICIOUS Fan Club #164
| B&E PAINTBALL |
Arkansas State Champion 2008-forever
livingwithcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:49 PM #10
plastic
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
I dig. If it's any consolation, I wouldn't consider JL to be an "NPPL/PSP" team, either... At least not until we're actively participating in the series.

Only saying, we all need to keep it real, here.

Last edited by plastic : 04-24-2008 at 02:32 PM.
plastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:54 PM #11
livingwithcause
 
 
livingwithcause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: ArKaNsAs
livingwithcause supports Team VICIOUS
lol I agree. I sent you a PM.
__________________
CHRIST KREW #167
IRONMEN Fan Club #26 INFAMOUS Fan Club #1053 VICIOUS Fan Club #164
| B&E PAINTBALL |
Arkansas State Champion 2008-forever
livingwithcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:28 PM #12
sramsey1
WCK FOR LIFE!
 
sramsey1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Arkansas
Word!
__________________
Stephen Ramsey
FEEDBACK +3/0-
"Wake me up for round 2"
sramsey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 11:24 PM #13
sdzell18
Code it and Load it
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CA, NJ
Annual Supporting Member
sdzell18 works for a Paintball manufacturer
sdzell18 plays in the APPA Pro division
sdzell18 is All In
so no teams out there play a national tournament series?
__________________
Jamie Ezell - Electronics Engineer @ Empire Paintball
Empire Paintball
JT Paintball
My Feedback +43, -0
sdzell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 10:27 AM #14
livingwithcause
 
 
livingwithcause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: ArKaNsAs
livingwithcause supports Team VICIOUS
We are trying but its hard to keep guys dedicated. Say they are going to but when the time comes they stand you up. There are a lot of guys who want o and can buts getting them all together and staying together. We haven't done any this year so far but are trying to get prepared for a couple of them coming up and hopefully do more next year.
__________________
CHRIST KREW #167
IRONMEN Fan Club #26 INFAMOUS Fan Club #1053 VICIOUS Fan Club #164
| B&E PAINTBALL |
Arkansas State Champion 2008-forever
livingwithcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 10:15 AM #15
Torque
AKA Forever
 
Torque's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Arkansas
Annual Supporting Member
Torque is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdzell18 View Post
so no teams out there play a national tournament series?
We do. We play D3 5 man in the PSP.
__________________
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -George Orwell

FEEDBACK THREAD
Torque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 09:58 AM #16
dooleyksig
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
If you do end up moving out to Bentonville let me know. There are 4 of us from San Diego that just moved out here for work and we will be playing.
__________________
Paintball Kids Rule
JT SPORTS
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=770 2257
dooleyksig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:51 AM #17
jonpon
 
 
jonpon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Bentonville, Arkansas
 has been a member for 10 years
jonpon plays in the PSP
jonpon plays in the MiLP
jonpon plays in the APPA D3 division
I'm assuming your one of the JT guys that relocated, welcome to Arkansas it completely sucks compared to San Diego. If you ever wanna kick it and play some ball or just get to know the locals let us know.

P.S. we are not inbreed or even redneck, just paintball kids
__________________
JL * KF * AC
jonpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 12:30 PM #18
livingwithcause
 
 
livingwithcause's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: ArKaNsAs
livingwithcause supports Team VICIOUS
Jon just says that. Be afraid very afraid of our toothless and barefoot selves... Yes we play paintball with no shoes on....









Nah, it's fun here but nothing like the SD.
__________________
CHRIST KREW #167
IRONMEN Fan Club #26 INFAMOUS Fan Club #1053 VICIOUS Fan Club #164
| B&E PAINTBALL |
Arkansas State Champion 2008-forever
livingwithcause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:55 PM #19
sdzell18
Code it and Load it
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CA, NJ
Annual Supporting Member
sdzell18 works for a Paintball manufacturer
sdzell18 plays in the APPA Pro division
sdzell18 is All In
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpon View Post
I'm assuming your one of the JT guys that relocated, welcome to Arkansas it completely sucks compared to San Diego. If you ever wanna kick it and play some ball or just get to know the locals let us know.

P.S. we are not inbreed or even redneck, just paintball kids
You assume corectly, except I'm new to the company
__________________
Jamie Ezell - Electronics Engineer @ Empire Paintball
Empire Paintball
JT Paintball
My Feedback +43, -0
sdzell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 12:50 PM #20
polarpaxton
WooPig
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oceanside, CA
polarpaxton plays in the PSP
polarpaxton plays in the MiLP
polarpaxton helped look for balloons
polarpaxton is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingwithcause View Post
Jon just says that. Be afraid very afraid of our toothless and barefoot selves... Yes we play paintball with no shoes on....









Nah, it's fun here but nothing like the SD.
nothing like it cause we're better...
yall have crappy teams like... well i cant remember how to spell it, i think all the players are from mexico or canda or something... o dinersty, thats it
__________________
Arkansas state champ 2008-forever
Marine Paintball
RIP Razorback Paintball 2003-2009
NCPA AllStars Lifetime member
Marine T-Shirts, help support USMC paintball in 2015
APL
polarpaxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 07:50 PM #21
sdzell18
Code it and Load it
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CA, NJ
Annual Supporting Member
sdzell18 works for a Paintball manufacturer
sdzell18 plays in the APPA Pro division
sdzell18 is All In
i'm here now, i need a place to play by next weekend, any ideas
__________________
Jamie Ezell - Electronics Engineer @ Empire Paintball
Empire Paintball
JT Paintball
My Feedback +43, -0
sdzell18 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
Forum Jump