PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-12-2001, 09:43 PM #1
Fistville

has been a member for 10 years
Cradle

I feel like such a newbie asking this Ok I have never had the need for a cradle or a bottom line on my gun. I've been using A.I.Rs little 45 grip attatchment. My POS AIR is broken. So i have to use a Air America Melee tank at my field. So i bought a shocktech drop forward and a bottom line. Heres the newbie part. Ok I can easily attatch the cradle to my 45 grip. But I cant put the bottom line on the cradle. There are two seemingly useless holes on the cradle and there is a little piece of plastic blocking the path onto the bottom line. There is a hole ontop of the cradle that looks like a screw hole that could have some signifigence. Also even if i did get that thing off there is nothing from stopping the bottom line from sliding right off. I am playing this sunday so i have to know fast. Thanks. Man i feel stupid for asking.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2001, 11:37 PM #2
siayajin
not a 2K1er

siayajin is a Supporting Member
Slide the bottomline onto the cradle.

You'll need a 3/32 size allen key.

That mysterious hole you were talking about? There's a set screw inside. This is what's going to secure the bottomline. Stick the key inside and turn clockwise until you feel it locking into the bottomline. To loosen, simply turn it counterclockwise.
Old 10-12-2001, 11:58 PM #3
Fistville

well, there is no hole for that screw to screw into. The bottom line is just a flat surface it ocnnects to, no screw hole at all.
Old 10-13-2001, 01:37 AM #4
siayajin
not a 2K1er

On the top of the shock df, there should be a hole. That's what I was referring to.
Old 10-13-2001, 01:52 AM #5
Fistville

i know what hole youre talking about. But that screw in the hole must screw into something else, that is the only way the bottom line iwll stay attatched to the cradle. If i turn the screw in the cradle it will just scratch the bottom lien which has no hole for the screw to go into.
Old 10-13-2001, 02:37 AM #6
siayajin
not a 2K1er

hmm, you're not familiar with dovetail type drop forwards are ya?

There's not supposed to be a hole in the bottomline. That's how it works. It creates a push/pull effect that keeps the bottomline secure. This is the same process used by armageddons, conquests, dynaflows as well as any other tank that uses a dovetail drop. It'll scratch your bottomline, yes, but that's just the way it is. The top of my dynaflow is scratched to hell due to my shocktech df, but that's ok. I'm over it.