Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 10:04 AM #85
JethroFriction

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunkerrat88 View Post
yup no southern road trips for probably 3/4 of the team actually
Actualy EC....There are only three on our roster that can't...Just to clarify...TEE HEE

Jeff/IDK
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-17-2008, 11:40 AM #86
PB_Adikt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JethroFriction View Post
Actualy EC....There are only three on our roster that can't...Just to clarify...TEE HEE

Jeff/IDK
Nice! Some boys need to obtain pardons to cross the border?

Proud to be killing for:
Adiktion Paintball
Old 04-17-2008, 01:00 PM #87
Colton_m
Da' Man

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by PB_Adikt View Post
Nice! Some boys need to obtain pardons to cross the border?
something like that, lol
Old 04-17-2008, 04:40 PM #88
X-acto

Im shocked at all the disrespect during and after the event.

Unfortunatly comments like "we should have won this event" make it sound like its just a sore loser kinda thing. But really it could be a reffing issue, problem is we need refs because we lost our sence of honor. So we all pay for bad calls every once in awhile, because we refuse to judge ourselves honestly.

Its for fun damn it!

Please stick with it SVP

Last edited by X-acto : 04-17-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:05 PM #89
antics.hk
hunter

antics.hk owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
i dont think we'll be back. its to expensive for that kind of reffing. most of the teams are great. as a matter of fact i dont even care so much about teams with bad attitudes, it was the reffing. three for ones called on a pack hit on the break saying it was a blatent cheat. after doing the math its gona be cheaper for us to play nppl where we can get paint for 20$ a case. then it is for us to play bcppl. i mean flights are gona be pricy but the event itself is cheaper
SkagitValleyPaintBall
BigToddsArmy
THE EDGE
Triumph Tattoo
Torment
Old 04-17-2008, 07:46 PM #90
BcPbMaster
Van-City

Good choice on playing NPPL, the reffing there is so much better. I remember when Rock It Kids did a 1 man run thru off the break, and shot 5-6 Torment players while playing on, in a semi final game, now that was some good reffing.
Old 04-17-2008, 10:09 PM #91
paintballer231
Avalanche Canada/FS Swarm

paintballer231 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer231 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer231 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colton_m View Post
hahaha it's things like these that allow me to take full and complete advantage of the lack of an overshooting rule in the bcppl

I thought the turney was damn fun.
Same here
Old 04-17-2008, 10:11 PM #92
paintballer231
Avalanche Canada/FS Swarm

paintballer231 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
paintballer231 supports Team VICIOUS
paintballer231 supports Sherwood Forest
Quote:
Originally Posted by antics.hk View Post
i dont think we'll be back. its to expensive for that kind of reffing. most of the teams are great. as a matter of fact i dont even care so much about teams with bad attitudes, it was the reffing. three for ones called on a pack hit on the break saying it was a blatent cheat. after doing the math its gona be cheaper for us to play nppl where we can get paint for 20$ a case. then it is for us to play bcppl. i mean flights are gona be pricy but the event itself is cheaper

FYI ,you can have your NPPL ,its not known for its stellar refs.

If you think you can do a better Job than the current crew ,then man up and try.They do it as a service to the players,be thankful.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:18 PM #93
I Am Authority
211-187

Whoops..I thought this thread got closed after I got a "warning". Would have posted sooner if I knew it was still alive.

Every has there own opinions..I thought that E1 of the BCPPL was horrible. A lot of other people loved it. It really does just depend on who your talking to.

As far as SVP "*****ing". Call it what you want. This isn't the first event were we've been cheated by refs and had a problem with it. Even when winning 1st place, we've had problems with reffing. It's not because we didn't place at all.

Hey, theres always E2 to look forward to. Great job to all the teams that competed at E1. Although you won't see SVP at E2, goodluck to everyone.

IDK, if you guys would like to come down and scrimmage PM me.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:24 PM #94
I Am Authority
211-187

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer231 View Post
FYI ,you can have your NPPL ,its not known for its stellar refs.

If you think you can do a better Job than the current crew ,then man up and try.They do it as a service to the players,be thankful.
For your information, Mike McDonald had asked us to ref the BCPPL series in 2008. It just didn't work out. We were preparing for Huntington Beach (NPPL) and the timing was off. It's hard to be thankful for refs, when they corrupt the game. (That doesn't apply to all reffs.)
Old 04-21-2008, 12:25 AM #95
bcppl

Annual Supporting Member
bcppl donated to help Peyton Trent
bcppl supports our troops
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Authority View Post
For your information, Mike McDonald had asked us to ref the BCPPL series in 2008. It just didn't work out. We were preparing for Huntington Beach (NPPL) and the timing was off. It's hard to be thankful for refs, when they corrupt the game. (That doesn't apply to all reffs.)
Haha
Old 04-21-2008, 09:46 AM #96
I Am Authority
211-187

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcppl View Post
Haha
Someone said that you are having different ref's at E2. Rumor or truth?

PS: To the guy that said he got an "infraction" for insulting other members, you aren't the only one. I got one the same day you did.

Last edited by I Am Authority : 04-21-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 04-21-2008, 08:44 PM #97
Karzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcppl View Post
Haha
Old 04-22-2008, 12:16 AM #98
Charger

Charger is a Supporting Member
The players corrupt the game.. the refs enforce the rules as they see it.. is it always the right call? no.. do they catch everything? not a chance.. but that leads back to the first statement.. if the players are willing to play the game fair.. call for paintchecks when they believe something may have hit them.. then the ref's would be almost unnessesary.. if you can tell me that your team doesn't push the "grey area" in the rules, to the point that some would call it cheating.. if you can't.. then you have no valid complaint about the reffing..

the penalties that my team took over the two days were justified by the refs.. but they were slim to none.. did we have multiple chances to make things go away.. yes.. but we don't play that game..

where is the pride in winning if you have to do it falsely?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Authority View Post
For your information, It's hard to be thankful for refs, when they corrupt the game. (That doesn't apply to all reffs.)
Old 04-22-2008, 01:16 PM #99
Karzac

i wouldnt say cheating amoung players corrupts the game either steve. id say before, yes, but now the game's dimensions have changed completely and the more we try and look at the grey area as cheating, the more its going to be harder and harder to accept that it is simply part of the game now.

i suggest trying to use it as an edge, that the oposing team most likely has already tried to use agaisnt you.

disclaimer: i am not a cheating bonus balling **** who wipes every hit that touches me when playing rookies at practice. im talking strictly at torunaments with qualified refs watching your every move. when you cheat at practice, you cheat yourself. i wish some teams could understand that mentality.
Old 04-22-2008, 08:07 PM #100
ballinlikestalin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karzac View Post
when you cheat at practice, you cheat yourself. i wish some teams could understand that mentality.
Might as well practice it if your going to do that in tourny's

Ref's in every sport make mistakes, like it or not theres not much you can do.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:02 AM #101
Charger

Charger is a Supporting Member
personally.. I disagree.. if you don't call yourself out when you know your hit.. in practice or in a tournament.. it's cheating.. and no matter how you try to justify it.. if you have to win that way.. what is the point of playing?

I know most of the teams are trying to use it as a edge to beat out that other teams.. doesn't mean I have to agree it's acceptable..

Quote:
i wouldnt say cheating amoung players corrupts the game either steve. id say before, yes, but now the game's dimensions have changed completely and the more we try and look at the grey area as cheating, the more its going to be harder and harder to accept that it is simply part of the game now.

i suggest trying to use it as an edge, that the oposing team most likely has already tried to use agaisnt you.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:34 AM #102
Sir Dies-Alot
In love with THC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger View Post
personally.. I disagree.. if you don't call yourself out when you know your hit.. in practice or in a tournament.. it's cheating.. and no matter how you try to justify it.. if you have to win that way.. what is the point of playing?

I know most of the teams are trying to use it as a edge to beat out that other teams.. doesn't mean I have to agree it's acceptable..
Spoken for the mother ****ing truth. Thank you.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:48 AM #103
Karzac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charger View Post

i can see where you're comming from, we can agree to disagree as this is probably the most argued thing on this forum and it never ends in a nice way.
Old 04-23-2008, 03:53 PM #104
Sir Dies-Alot
In love with THC.

Quote:
i can see where you're comming from, we can agree to disagree as this is probably the most argued thing on this forum and it never ends in a nice way.
Thank god for sensible people, lol. This has always been a topic in paintball and amongst the paintball community. I guess it's just better not to open that can of worms.

Matt
Old 04-23-2008, 07:59 PM #105
R8s

It was a fun read tho.

Bad Spellers of the World... Untie!!!

"Political Correctness" is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Killing for Northern BC
Closed Thread