PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-11-2008, 09:29 AM #22
Big Chocolate Man
Ex 248er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ando View Post
because slash is a music god that helped create music along with jimmy page and metallica
Mr. Ando we meet again,

Kirk hammet, now he is an overated guitarist.

Slash is a god, along with jimmy page,joe perry, John mcClaughlin, BB, ZZtop, Buddy guy, and randy rhoads.

Gfunk that Strat is pretty nice, ive played it at GC its got ncie range, and the feel of the neck is sweet.

The elist is pretty nice, alot of playability, and its got these LED lights on the neck so if your playing a low light show, so your finger movements look sick.

Thats a stupid little accessorie but its still mad cool.

and i have the White LP custom, its SICKKK!!

Originally posted by Tha Ego Kid:"today sucked balls, I was outside, and our school officer thought i was being "suspicious", then he looked through my gum case and grabbed my gum.

Last edited by Big Chocolate Man : 04-11-2008 at 09:37 AM.
Big Chocolate Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-11-2008, 10:09 AM #23
bstiffler582
es tee

has been a member for 10 years
Snore. I'd buy a regular ELP Studio over the Slash model. I'm becoming a fan of my room mates Gibson SG though. The action is nothing special but it just feels so nice.
bstiffler582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:46 AM #24
Big Chocolate Man
Ex 248er

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstiffler582 View Post
Snore. I'd buy a regular ELP Studio over the Slash model. I'm becoming a fan of my room mates Gibson SG though. The action is nothing special but it just feels so nice.
Well im not really comparing them to other's because ive played this and i like the way it feels and looks better then my ELP custom.

I deff. would not spend the money for the gibson though, thats where your paying for the name.

And if your gonna get an SG it better be an upper range ESG, or a gibson, because the weight is so annoying on the standard crappy ones.

Originally posted by Tha Ego Kid:"today sucked balls, I was outside, and our school officer thought i was being "suspicious", then he looked through my gum case and grabbed my gum.
Big Chocolate Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:48 AM #25
ProCarbinesRule! (Banned)
Man made God

Red face

Why not just what what Lord Slash Commands.

ProCarbinesRule! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:49 AM #26
DeMoNiC_dImEbAg (Banned)
XBL=hof8231

I want to rip Slash's top hat off his head and smother him with it.
DeMoNiC_dImEbAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:15 AM #27
Reverend Horton Heat
The Sea Is Cold And Dark

how the hell did this turn into a slash-bashing party?

what exactly is wrong with slash, those who don't like him?

just wondering.

My band
Reverend Horton Heat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:37 AM #28
Man made God

its not slash that is the problem. its these fanboys who call him THE god of guitar. I started off just talking about the guitar and how i do not like signature models. Big Chocolate had to go and call GNR & Velvet Revolver classic rock bands and slash the greates thing since hendrix. that is highly rediculous
Old 04-11-2008, 03:52 PM #29
Mr. Ando (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Chocolate Man View Post
Mr. Ando we meet again,

Slash is a god, along with jimmy page,joe perry, John mcClaughlin, BB, ZZtop, Buddy guy, and randy rhoads.
yes Kirk Hammet is awful

and yea those other guys are all actually pretty good but they're almost all appreciated for the wrong things

well, tbh, I'm not a huge randy rhoads fan, but the statement stands for the rest
Mr. Ando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 05:10 PM #30
DeMoNiC_dImEbAg (Banned)
XBL=hof8231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Chocolate Man View Post
Mr. Ando we meet again,

Gfunk that Strat is pretty nice, ive played it at GC its got ncie range, and the feel of the neck is sweet.

The elist is pretty nice, alot of playability, and its got these LED lights on the neck so if your playing a low light show, so your finger movements look sick.

Thats a stupid little accessorie but its still mad cool.

and i have the White LP custom, its SICKKK!!
What did Slash do that makes him so great? It's not like he was a musical genius or even that much of an innovator.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:48 PM #31
GFunk
flýi̧ng͢

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ando View Post
because slash is a music god that helped create music along with jimmy page and metallica
That's sarcasm right there, Big Chocolate Man.
except for your god.
this is all a dream; a dream in death.
GFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 10:06 PM #32
The Colossus Jade (Banned)
Protector of the Antients

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMoNiC_dImEbAg View Post
What did Slash do that makes him so great? It's not like he was a musical genius or even that much of an innovator.
This is what really annoys me about wannabe music-critics. It's as if somebody has to completely redesign the face of music to be appreciated. I think Slash is a great player, because his music spoke to me. It made me feel something, without him having to say a word.

Forgive me for being such a philistine, but that itself has made me hold him in high regard throughout my own musical learnings. I know he didn't invent blues-influenced rock solos, but I don't like all blues-influenced rock solos, I like Slash's solos.

Don't think I'm hanging off his nuts here or anything, I don't like everything he's ever put out just because it was made by him. But a large part of what he does put out really does influence me in ways that few other guitarists have. Is it really so wrong to admire that?

edit: On a sidenote, it's also slightly ironic that this is coming from someone who named them self after Dimebag Darrell. Don't get me wrong, I also admire Dime's playing abilities, but pretty much everything you've said about Slash/GNR/VR can, and has been said about Pantera/Damageplan.

double edit: I hope his signature guitar is of better quality than his signature pedal.

Last edited by The Colossus Jade : 04-11-2008 at 10:13 PM.
The Colossus Jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:08 PM #33
Reverend Horton Heat
The Sea Is Cold And Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMoNiC_dImEbAg View Post
1. define "musical genius"

2. how was he NOT an innovator, considering the music/mainstream scene at the time? remember this is the mid to late '80's when tight shredding and harmonizing was the norm. he turned the tables and shed new light on guitar playing for millions of people.

slash is great because he did what all great guitar players do: progressed through the mainstream, in respect for music.

My band
Old 04-12-2008, 01:21 AM #34
doomtroopergimpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostcell View Post
Tbh I would never buy a gibson, even if it was a cheap high quality signature model. No thanks
You are Crazy.. I mean I know every one has their taste but Gibson has something for everyone .. Some of the best guitars in the world. Now Epiphone makes some good guitars But they are NO Gibson. Yes they are owned by them but they are not even made in the same factory or from the same wood ... Now I dont care for SIG series unless they are the TOP OF THE LINE versions.. the bolt on neck Verson of Sinister Gates guitar is a joke . the Neck through is Decent but I rather have a Hell raiser with EMGs It just has a much THicker tone .. If I want a solo style guitar with Fast Action I have my C-1 Classic.. Best Pound for pound guitar out there cant beat the 600 dollar price tag for what you get..

"Member of PADD-paintballers against drunk drivers #8"

Pm6's and gear for Sale..
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2656267
doomtroopergimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:25 AM #35
doomtroopergimpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Horton Heat View Post
1. define "musical genius"

2. how was he NOT an innovator, considering the music/mainstream scene at the time? remember this is the mid to late '80's when tight shredding and harmonizing was the norm. he turned the tables and shed new light on guitar playing for millions of people.

slash is great because he did what all great guitar players do: progressed through the mainstream, in respect for music.
I must agree. you make a very good point. To say that slash was the guy as people like RAT or other SH**y bands during that time would be stupid. He made that style of music famous. No metal but for a Pop Rock style esk band like GNR he would tear through some notes and not make it sound like he was trying to impress someone.. Slash Great guitarist. For what he does.. Now for you people to Compare Santana to Slash or even Joe Satriani is stupid . These 3 guitar greats are Great for thier own style, I mean you dont want to see santana Shredding in metal and you cant have satriani going through a Classic mexican pop mix. Just dont work.. I mean they very well could but you never see it because it is not their Fortie

"Member of PADD-paintballers against drunk drivers #8"

Pm6's and gear for Sale..
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=2656267
doomtroopergimpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:36 AM #36
Man made God

both of you missed the point.

He is a great player. which is what i have been trying to say

but he is not a god of guitar.
Old 04-12-2008, 01:56 AM #37
DeMoNiC_dImEbAg (Banned)
XBL=hof8231

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Colossus Jade View Post
This is what really annoys me about wannabe music-critics. It's as if somebody has to completely redesign the face of music to be appreciated. I think Slash is a great player, because his music spoke to me. It made me feel something, without him having to say a word.

Forgive me for being such a philistine, but that itself has made me hold him in high regard throughout my own musical learnings. I know he didn't invent blues-influenced rock solos, but I don't like all blues-influenced rock solos, I like Slash's solos.

Don't think I'm hanging off his nuts here or anything, I don't like everything he's ever put out just because it was made by him. But a large part of what he does put out really does influence me in ways that few other guitarists have. Is it really so wrong to admire that?

edit: On a sidenote, it's also slightly ironic that this is coming from someone who named them self after Dimebag Darrell. Don't get me wrong, I also admire Dime's playing abilities, but pretty much everything you've said about Slash/GNR/VR can, and has been said about Pantera/Damageplan.

double edit: I hope his signature guitar is of better quality than his signature pedal.
God damnit my name has nothing to do with Dimebag Darrel! I honestly don't know where it came from. I just honestly don't feel the same connection to Slash's music that you do.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:24 PM #38
Reverend Horton Heat
The Sea Is Cold And Dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCarbinesRule! View Post
both of you missed the point.

He is a great player. which is what i have been trying to say

but he is not a god of guitar.
but that's what i'm trying to figure out...why ISN'T he a guitar god (according to those who believe that he isn't)

what criteria exactly defines "god of guitar" ????

My band
Old 04-13-2008, 11:06 PM #39
Rebeltilldeath3
Suicide Messiah

has been a member for 10 years
Rebeltilldeath3 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
Getting back to one of the original arguments....

Anyone who bashes Epiphone more than likely takes their guitar to a shop to have it setup.

Epiphones are great guitars, but they come setup like **** from the factory. Once they're setup, they're on par with guitars double and triple their price.

As for Slash, he is an excellent guitarist. He does what the best guitarists out there do, he makes the guitar talk to you, whisper, and scream.

I do agree though that a lot of people are riding his balls and praising him with no justification. The blame? Guitar Hero.
How I'd miss all the whiskey an' women.
I tried to be true, but it's all I can do,
Keepin' up with the Jonesin'
Rebeltilldeath3 is offline   Reply With Quote